Need to “rethink” Kelly Jolly Harper Coaching Acumen.. | The Boneyard

Need to “rethink” Kelly Jolly Harper Coaching Acumen..

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tennessee is 5-0 with a nice win At ND, though their current Massey SOS is 105, not really a great assessment thus far. She’s taken the remaining inherited talent (Sans transfers), program dysfunction and is implementing a cohesive offense-Wow! This is not what impresses me however. What does impress me is Missouri State sitting at 5-1 with the lone loss to Oregon State by 11. Wins over Minnesota, Oklahoma and Boise have Muzzou St with the #9 Ranked SoS. That’s impressive she scheduled these teams and am hopeful in the next few years she will modify many of the poor teams Holly scheduled. The Missouri St team still has talent left and all told, her teams are 10-1.
My eyes are open and watching. Good Job KJH, good job!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Count me as one that thinks Harper was a decent hire even before she coached a game. I know many fans had high hopes for a big name coach but I had my doubts any of them would leave their current situations for UT. The jury is still very much out due to the lack of competition but some signs of the dysfunction of the last few years appear to be gone or at least muted.

UT has a legacy that is unmatched outside of Storrs. There won't be another Summitt ever but I hope Harper can keep UT competitive among the top programs.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I look at the Stetson game. A difference in this year's team and last year's team. This year Tennessee led the whole game. Last year's team trialled by 20 points. I think you will see the team improve during the season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
with an assist from Holly to provide sharp contrast. ;)

Not sure how she handles the recruiting part of the job. Seems early returns are not that positive.

Reaction Score
I think she is a better coach than holly. They have ways to go but they at least play like they have a plan on what to do on both sides of the ball. They are much more sound defensively and at least try to run offensive sets. Would have been interesting to see what the team looked like if it weren’t for those transfers.

The jury is still out on the recruiting. Holly was a horrible coach but she did recruit extremely well. If she can’t recruit at Tennessee there is a major problem. Adding Salary late was a nice addition though.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think as far as recruiting. I say things will pick up. As the staff builds the relationships with players. Also it's about getting the right players for the program.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I look at the Stetson game. A difference in this year's team and last year's team. This year Tennessee led the whole game. Last year's team trialled by 20 points. I think you will see the team improve during the season.
I think all of us have failed to appreciate the genius of Holly Warlick.

It's a brilliant long-term strategy. Lower the fans' expectations to rock bottom to the point where they're thrilled about a win over Stetson.

Pat indeed knew what she was doing when she chose Holly.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think all of us have failed to appreciate the genius of Holly Warlick.

It's a brilliant long-term strategy. Lower the fans' expectations to rock bottom to the point where they're thrilled about a win over Stetson.

Pat indeed knew what she was doing when she chose Holly.
I was just using that game as a example. Yes Tennessee should have won. No way last year's team should have been down 20. Coach Harper said trust the process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom