ND Post Game Press Conference after DePaul Loss | The Boneyard

ND Post Game Press Conference after DePaul Loss

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Some ND Fans have been critical of MM's Demeanor/Words in this Press Conference. I don't see anything wrong, what am I missing? I thought the players were okay. Possibly should have been more upset at the loss then what it appears. However, they were well spoken and composed.

Reaction Score
Muffet did appear to be frustrated and stressed out. 3 consecutive losses in a week! Who wouldn’t? Cheer up Muffet, Sun will rise again tomorrow.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When I first saw the conference I thought MM was on the verge of or had just finished crying.

Perhaps @Dillon77 can chime in here, but I thought most of the criticism on the McGraw's Bench board was less about how she criticized her team and more about Muffet's composure and how with each loss she seems to be losing a little part of herself. That with what was clearly a rebuilding year she's not handling these loses very well, even though many in Irish Nation assumed this to be almost a lost season. Apparently Muffet was one of the few that didn't assume these losses. Some are worried for her mental and physical health and how her on court behavior towards her team, the shouting, the gestures and the hand wringing, is affecting future recruits. All of these concerns seem justified to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What i found to be the most unsettling comment was at the very beginning . A question is being asked by a reporter and you can hear MM say what I think is J----- C-----.
You need to listen closely. Maybe I am wrong & I apology if I am the only one who hears MM.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
What i found to be the most unsettling comment was at the very beginning . A question is being asked by a reporter and you can hear MM say what I think is J----- C-----.
You need to listen closely. Maybe I am wrong & I apology if I am the only one who hears MM.

I heard it. Muffet looked beaten and defeated in that press conference. I've never seen her like that.

I've said it before about Notre Dame this season -- it's just a matter of time before things start clicking. They were close this time. It won't be long.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I heard it. Muffet looked beaten and defeated in that press conference. I've never seen her like that.

I heard just the first part. She did look like she is pretty "defeated." Her kid's looked poised though.

She did seem to crap on her guys, but I discount that motivation, arguably.

Reaction Score
That with what was clearly a rebuilding year she's not handling these loses very well, even though many in Irish Nation assumed this to be almost a lost season. Apparently Muffet was one of the few that didn't assume these losses.

I didn’t assume them either. Neither did the media with their season previews. They had ND ranked. Yeah, ND lost starters. So they have an excuse to not be a championship team, but do they have an excuse to be this bad? I would say NO since they always get top recruits. My team never gets McDonalds All-Americans, and my team went into their house and beat them. I would say they’re worst than they should be, and McGraw knows it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, a few things, not sure this is THAT talented of a typical team with both Vaughn and Prohaska out. Sam Brunelle is out of position and is also overrated and when a reporter asked why Danielle Cosgrove didn't play more, MM was blunt that this "wasn't her kind of game and couldn't keep up" -that further limits an already limited bench with 5 walk-ons when a "recruited player" can't keep up due to conditioning and doesn't play (ouch!).
To me, either MM has a cold and is the reason for sniffling so much or she was crying at this mess. This is schadenfreude for all those other press conferences where she's been indignant to the opposition. NO ONE in the ACC will feel sorry for her and will be seeking retribution upon this team. So while many above want to "whistle past the grave yard" and say it will get better, I am not so sure that this team has a run in them. It would be delicious to see ND and MM have to settle for an NIT bid... :D

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well, a few things, not sure this is THAT talented of a typical team with both Vaughn and Prohaska out. Sam Brunelle is out of position and is also overrated and when a reporter asked why Danielle Cosgrove didn't play more, MM was blunt that this "wasn't her kind of game and couldn't keep up" -that further limits an already limited bench with 5 walk-ons when a "recruited player" can't keep up due to conditioning and doesn't play (ouch!).
To me, either MM has a cold and is the reason for sniffling so much or she was crying at this mess. This is schadenfreude for all those other press conferences where she's been indignant to the opposition. NO ONE in the ACC will feel sorry for her and will be seeking retribution upon this team. So while many above want to "whistle past the grave yard" and say it will get better, I am not so sure that this team has a run in them. It would be delicious to see ND and MM have to settle for an NIT bid... :D

Wow! Don't hold back!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom