ND/Brey speak again: Add schools that bring bb value, fb doesn't matter | The Boneyard

ND/Brey speak again: Add schools that bring bb value, fb doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/10/07/mike-brey-fires-back-at-jim-boeheim-can-imagine-irish-in-acc/

As far as the Big East’s options going forward, Brey would like to see the league add some combination of Temple, Memphis and Houston to replace Syracuse and Pitt.

“I think Temple would be great,” he said. “I want Memphis because we need basketball star power because we’ve lost some. Memphis brings a basketball program, and we’ve just lost two horses. We need to be mindful of our basketball stuff. And I think Houston can give us a little bit. Memphis really gives you that star power.

“I like a Temple and a Memphis and a Houston because of their basketball. I don’t really care about their football.”

This was an interview from SNY today, Wowser. Maybe ND is trying to accelerate the collapse of the BE, because good old Mike Brey ain't helping matters.

Reaction Score
That's all you need to know about ND. They don't give a crap about rest of BE basketball schools. At least he is telling the truth. This is another reason we need to get away from ND as far as possible unless we are both in the ACC together as full members.

Reaction Score
I think he is right. He doesn't have control over what ND football does so I can' blame him for their not joining the conference. If he had it his way they probably would. However those 3 are decent adds as far as name recognition, market size, and basketball. They probably should have been added a season or two ago in order to have them more established right now but if you are the Big East this is as good as it's going to get. I want UConn out of here sooner rather than later but until then something has to happen.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ND cares about ND. Biggest mistake the BE made was allowing ND in on their terms, not the league's.

Inn the end, they may be the ones left on the outside looking in.

Reaction Score
ND cares about ND. Biggest mistake the BE made was allowing ND in on their terms, not the league's.

Inn the end, they may be the ones left on the outside looking in.

ND will not be on the outside looking in. ND really has nothing to fear in any of this. It sucks for schools like UConn but it's reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom