NCAA restructuring | The Boneyard

NCAA restructuring

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Article mentions a possible Division 4. A split is coming, but I don’t think it will just be the P5.

My guess is that the following conferences will remain at the highest level (I think the biggest schools will still want a 64-team March Madness):

ACC
Big East
B1G
Big 12
Pac-12
SEC
AAC
MW
A-10
WCC
MVC
C-USA
MAC
Sun Belt
Ivy
CAA
Big Sky
America East
Summit

In football:

1-A:
ACC
B1G
Big-12
Pac-12
SEC
MW
AAC
Army
UConn
UMass
Liberty

1-AA:
C-USA
MAC
Sun Belt
MVFC
CAA
Big Sky
Ivy

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
a lot of prayers would have to be involved to keep us at 1-A in football lol
Not really. We are a state flagship in a medium-size state population-wise with no in-state competition. We’ll make the cut even if we are bad.

Reaction Score
Not really. We are a state flagship in a medium-size state population-wise with no in-state competition. We’ll make the cut even if we are bad.

I don't doubt that we'd make whatever financial commitment that would be required. But if the P-5 splits off with a few other schools, who are we going to play?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't doubt that we'd make whatever financial commitment that would be required. But if the P-5 splits off with a few other schools, who are we going to play?
I think the presumption is that if the P5 wants to continue a viable March Madness tournament we make the cut. If we are just talking about football we are already on the outside looking in.

And yes I understand that the P5 is a football concept and in our cake women at that since it appears that the big 12 has been kicked out from the adult table.

Reaction Score
Following the news, ACC commissioner Jim Phillips told reporters that the Big 12 is important to college athletics

“We want and need the Big 12 to do well. The [Big] 12 matters in college athletics. The Big 12 matters in Power 5 athletics.”

In their official release, the alliance cited the “future structure of the NCAA” as one of the topics the individual conferences agreed upon. These concerns directly stem from fears that the SEC is in the process of forming a “super conference” that is above competition from other NCAA conferences.

Reaction Score
I suppose if the P4 or P5 breaks away, one important question for UConn football scheduling is would those schools still want to fill in a game or two a year versus non-P4/P5 schools?

I feel like the P4/P5 football coaches are still going to want an easily winnable game or two across their schedule.

Reaction Score
I keep thinking the Texas + OKLA split augurs well to trashing a slice of P5 altogether ... or in some facsimile. The top P5 are at $70 m plus and the idea that they are ok giving Vandy that makes my eyes roll. They will feel their way to conniving to $100-120m and segregating; and they are ok if the P5 includes the B12 which drops to '$25m per annum.

This ain't over.

Reaction Score
Following the news, ACC commissioner Jim Phillips told reporters that the Big 12 is important to college athletics

“We want and need the Big 12 to do well. The [Big] 12 matters in college athletics. The Big 12 matters in Power 5 athletics.”

In their official release, the alliance cited the “future structure of the NCAA” as one of the topics the individual conferences agreed upon. These concerns directly stem from fears that the SEC is in the process of forming a “super conference” that is above competition from other NCAA conferences.

In other news, Austro-Hungary loves their friends the Ottomans. Being seen next to the Sick Man of Europe may make people overlook your own struggles. Keep calm and carry on Archduke Phillips.

Reaction Score
Just a note; you forgot Notre Dame in football but of course they would be 1A; maybe you are including them in ACC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom