NCAA grants transfer guard Dara Mabrey immediate eligibility at Notre Dame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA grants transfer guard Dara Mabrey immediate eligibility at Notre Dame

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
You forgot to show the 'Top' of the stamper where it's engraved "Notre Dame":D

I was thinking along these lines...

yesstamp.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Do not see her moving the needle much. Luke warm sophomore season at VTech

She is probably better than ND's other options at point guard and she adds much-needed 3-point shooting.

I doubt she would have got much run back when the Irish were a perennial Final Four team. But now...she does improve the squad in a meaningful way.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Agreed. Still a year away (at least) from thinking about winning the ACC. I will settle for being mediocre this year instead of just bad.

I think the situation at ND is temporary. I expect Ivie to return the Irish to prominence in 2 years. She’ll have no trouble getting top rated recruits to play for her.

Reaction Score
Honestly though, while I know that Notre Dame has had a history of getting transfers approved, this year is going to be an exception to the rule for transfers everywhere given the pandemic. The NCAA thus far has been very liberal in granting extra years or immediate eligibility waivers this season. While I know that we all love to gripe about Notre Dame, this year really doesn't fit into a pattern or anything.

Reaction Score
Honestly though, while I know that Notre Dame has had a history of getting transfers approved, this year is going to be an exception to the rule for transfers everywhere given the pandemic. The NCAA thus far has been very liberal in granting extra years or immediate eligibility waivers this season. While I know that we all love to gripe about Notre Dame, this year really doesn't fit into a pattern or anything.

The point is that the NCAA treats every transfer request from Notre Dame as if every year they are suffering through a pandemic.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Far be it for me to throw cold water on a good conspiracy but before this board turns in VolNation New England style with all the vitriol, let’s remember that the NCAA is headed towards no waiting for eligibility and given the current pandemic allowing as many waivers as possible is preferable. I do wish they would rationalize their denials as they are showing significant gaps in logic. As far as this last Mabrey and her waiver to play for ND, let’s not confuse her with a top 5, 10, 20 player and was not even on the Hoopgurlz Top 100. Our fine colleague @Orangutan notes Mabrey does fill a gap for this team which, while talented still is a bit shy of true elite status while it determines their coaching and new path.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I thought the quote was “Thank you Sir, May I have another Mabrey?” Fortunately this is the last one so the response is “say three Hail Mabrey’s and one act of contrition to the UConn faithful”...:D
Many of us on the BY rue the day ND got their first Mabrey. But the reality is, as I tried to slyly say in my blurb, we'd gladly take a talented Mabrey on UConn. Not this one though. Sorry.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What a joke. ND trying to steal another championship. Most people feel their last championship was tainted for the same reason.

Getting this Mabrey a year early aint gonna help ND get any championship.. not a ACC Championship... or a NCAA Championship. Maybe a State of Indiana Championship if there is one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom