Men - NCAA CWS Road to Omaha Thread (Non-UConn Games) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men NCAA CWS Road to Omaha Thread (Non-UConn Games)

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine. NC state is not a regular visitor to Omaha. They finally get there, win some games and are on verge of going to the championship. Half the team gets COVID then you lose your first game with a depleted roster and are forced to forfeit the next. I can’t imagine how I would feel if that were uconn and a freak thing like that happens. Feel terrible for the kids despite it being right decision.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine. NC state is not a regular visitor to Omaha. They finally get there, win some games and are on verge of going to the championship. Half the team gets COVID then you lose your first game with a depleted roster and are forced to forfeit the next. I can’t imagine how I would feel if that were uconn and a freak thing like that happens. Feel terrible for the kids despite it being right decision.
Well said. I feel bad for the players, fans and coaches. The depleted roster actually gave Sam Highfill a chance to play the field and go 3 for 4. He got a few hits off of Rocker.

Reaction Score
It seems that there is not much interest in the CWS except for myself and a few others.

After watching the Vanderbilt unbelievable win last night, all that I can say is wow.

Check out this clip. Look at that blank stare in the Stanford reliever who threw a wild pitch to bring in the winning run. It must be tough going through emotions like that as a young 20-something.

I read this thread today and very much appreciate your efforts. Top notch- 5 Stars

Reaction Score
Hoping to see good game tonight. The 1st 2 were stinkers. Aside from Leiter, and aided by a terrible start by the Bulldog starter, Vandy did nothing. Last night, Vandys starter doomed them and it looked like the rest of the game was throwing out non factors to eat up innings. Vandy's fielding was also atrocious, and their offense was invisible. The Bulldogs certainly took advantage.

On a side note, Mississippi State fans didn't do themselves any favors, screaming, whining about every pitch/call that didn't go there way, screaming racial insults at Vandy parents and actually booing a 5y old girl and her little brother wearing Vandy gear as they were being interviewed on the big screen between innings. A 1 hour rain delay in game 1 and a 2 hour rain delay in game 2 certainly didn't help as they took the opportunity to get well beered up, so, we'll call that a mitigating circumstance. Can't say that about the Vandy whistler though. :D

Reaction Score
Mississippi State's first team championship ever. After individual national titles in boxing from the 30s and 440 yard "dashes" in the 1920s.

Too bad no new blood in the WS this year. If St John's can develop an elite program again, that would go a long way for the Big East.

Reaction Score
Hoping to see good game tonight. The 1st 2 were stinkers. Aside from Leiter, and aided by a terrible start by the Bulldog starter, Vandy did nothing. Last night, Vandys starter doomed them and it looked like the rest of the game was throwing out non factors to eat up innings. Vandy's fielding was also atrocious, and their offense was invisible. The Bulldogs certainly took advantage.

On a side note, Mississippi State fans didn't do themselves any favors, screaming, whining about every pitch/call that didn't go there way, screaming racial insults at Vandy parents and actually booing a 5y old girl and her little brother wearing Vandy gear as they were being interviewed on the big screen between innings. A 1 hour rain delay in game 1 and a 2 hour rain delay in game 2 certainly didn't help as they took the opportunity to get well beered up, so, we'll call that a mitigating circumstance. Can't say that about the Vandy whistler though. :D
Unfortunately game 3 was a repeat of game 2 only without the rain delay. One hit for Vandy and their fielding was not very good. Rocker gave up some 2 strike hits as well. I do not believe that Mississippi State had any errors in the CWS. I didn't really care which team won but was hoping for competitive game. That was not the case tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom