Men - NCAA CWS Road to Omaha Thread (Non-UConn Games) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men NCAA CWS Road to Omaha Thread (Non-UConn Games)

Reaction Score
game flew. Hard to be any more dominant than leiter was and he still lost. Hats off to the frosh from state. He did this against Vanderbilt and Arkansas….unreal talent
This was a great game to watch between two pitchers who had their stuff. Tough loss for Leiter with 15Ks and 123 pitches. Bednar from Mississippi State had an unreal game as well on Sunday and still could have lost the tight game.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
A prevailing theme in college baseball is that the effective stars on the mound aren't on a pitch count. This must drive MLB scouts and GMs nuts.

Reaction Score
A prevailing theme in college baseball is that the effective stars on the mound aren't on a pitch count. This must drive MLB scouts and GMs nuts.
I'm sure it does. At least in the CWS there are more days off.

Reaction Score
First hit off Virginia’s McGarry was 2 run homer in 8th. Another strong pitching outing for CWS.

Reaction Score
Crazy how quick that game took a left turn…
No kidding. McGarry was coasting but then gives up 2 run homer. Virginia's reliever Schoch didn't have it either. Very entertaining game to watch as there were great plays all around. I think it was the MS State third baseman who tumbled into the camera well catching a foul ball. Much like Leiter the night before, McGarry deserved a better outcome.

Reaction Score
It seems that there is not much interest in the CWS except for myself and a few others.

After watching the Vanderbilt unbelievable win last night, all that I can say is wow.

Check out this clip. Look at that blank stare in the Stanford reliever who threw a wild pitch to bring in the winning run. It must be tough going through emotions like that as a young 20-something.

Reaction Score
It seems that there is not much interest in the CWS except for myself and a few others.

After watching the Vanderbilt unbelievable win last night, all that I can say is wow.

Check out this clip. Look at that blank stare in the Stanford reliever who threw a wild pitch to bring in the winning run. It must be tough going through emotions like that as a young 20-something.

Baseball gods just get ya sometimes… didn’t even get a bounce back off the backstop- just sat there on the ledge.

Reaction Score
I watch every night. Felt really bad for the pitcher who threw the wild pitch. Was pulling for Stanford.

Reaction Score
I watch every night. Felt really bad for the pitcher who threw the wild pitch. Was pulling for Stanford.
Most games have been fun to watch even though I have no horse in the race. I too feel bad for guys like the pitcher who threw the wild pitch. @huskymedic, I didn't notice that the ball just sat on the ledge until you said it. Similar thing happened with Red Sox against the Rays on Tuesday but the ball bounced back to the catcher so he could flip it to pitcher covering home for the out.

Reaction Score
Two outs! His Stanford degree should help him overcome that loss. Can't see how their alumni will hate him. Unless there's an issue with the rare Vandy fans.

Reaction Score
The Texas Mississippi State was moving along well until the rain. Too many walks in the last few innings.

Did anyone catch the fan who I believe was from Texas pouring a beer into his sneaker and drinking it? Karl Ravich said something like, "just another Friday night at the CWS".

To me, Ivan Melandez has a strong resemblance to Jose Canesco with his helmet on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Vanderbilt NC State game scheduled for Saturday has been ruled a non-contest due to COVID protocols. Vanderbilt advances to CWS finals and NC State goes home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom