NC St #1? | The Boneyard

NC St #1?

Reaction Score
The Pack-ettes now have wins over SoCar and double-digits at Louisville. The AP top 5 has six losses.; two of them are from NCSt.
And their loss was in OT without their best player.

As of right now, they'd get my vote.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't think they are the best team, but they almost have to be picked number 1. At least until they lose again which in that conference is pretty likely.
My thoughts exactly. They have by far the best resume of any team right now with two wins over top 5 teams and a lone loss to VaTech without their best player suited up. They aren't my championship pick but they deserve to be ranked #1 right now.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. They have by far the best resume of any team right now with two wins over top 5 teams and a lone loss to VaTech without their best player suited up. They aren't my championship pick but they deserve to be ranked #1 right now.
They knocked off 2 #1 undefeated teams, so I would put them above all others as of today.

Reaction Score
I don't think they are the best team, but they almost have to be picked number 1. At least until they lose again which in that conference is pretty likely.
Massey has the ACC fifth this year, behind the Big 12 and ahead of the Big East.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Pack-ettes now have wins over SoCar and double-digits at Louisville. The AP top 5 has six losses.; two of them are from NCSt.

I'd still take SCar on a neutral court right now.

Reaction Score
NCarSt is the real deal! It should be a no brainer, They have beaten 2 #1's and controlled L'ville (#1) for most of this game! Beating 2 #1's has only been done 2x before.
SoCar doesn't have the same credentials that NCarSt has and NCarSt beat them anyway!
Their lone loss to VaTech was without their best player!
IMHO both NCarSt & AK have a shot at making the Final 4!

Reaction Score
They deserve the number 1 recognition. They really put the hurt on Louisville in the second half, and if Evans didnt play spectacular, the game would have been much worse.

There's not a clear cut favorite, but NC st looks like the front runner. I think they are better offensively than South Carolina, which they could match up in the tourney. Their one loss was without Cunane. They would still be undefeated if she played. Hopefully things go well the rest of the way, so we can see an unpredictable tournament!

Reaction Score
My sentiment is much like others, they may not be the best team out there but for now I believe they deserve the #1 spot...besides why would any team want to be there this season? The #1 spot has not been very good to it's tenants. Stanford had the luxury of staying there for 6 weeks. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
One has to be nuts not to rank NC State number one. Not only did they beat 2 number one teams, they did so on the road both times. The only other teams to beat 2 number 1 teams in the same year were Maryland, who won the National Championship and Stanford, who was a National runnerup. Plus, as mentioned by others, NC State's one loss was in overtime, on the road, and without their starting center (Cunane) who is very good. If they continue to play like they did the other night they could go all the way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
NC St should be #1 for now. But this is a year when every top team has lost games and may yet lose more games prior to the Big Dance.

The goal is to get into the tournament healthy, playing well and hopefully with a high seeding. Beyond that, no team will have an easy road to the championship.

Reaction Score
In this type of season I think the better defensive teams stand the best chance of winning a championship. I have only seen one of NC games but have not seen a better defensive team. They play well together and right now look to be as good or better than anyone. Being healthy and getting a few breaks might be the difference this year.

Reaction Score

For sure NC is #1. Their post and 5th year point guard were the major factor in this quarter by quarter beating of Louisville. The second half press by Louisville was easily broken by long passes downcourt to the 6'5" NC center. She was a solid performer and a constant match-up problem by Louisville.

Reaction Score
NCarSt is the real deal! It should be a no brainer, They have beaten 2 #1's and controlled L'ville (#1) for most of this game! Beating 2 #1's has only been done 2x before.
SoCar doesn't have the same credentials that NCarSt has and NCarSt beat them anyway!
Their lone loss to VaTech was without their best player!
IMHO both NCarSt & AK have a shot at making the Final 4!
Glad to see Wes Moore is finally getting the kudos he's earned over many years! Moore is the first coach in history to advance three different teams to the NCAA Tournament at the Division I, II and III levels. Good to see he's had the opportunity at State, and the chance to go head to head with current coaches who've gotten more press the past few years, and defeat them on their home courts:cool:

Reaction Score
It was NC State vs Dana Evans most of the game.

National Championship can go to any of the top ten. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the like #8 won it all this year, or even like #12.

But right now, yeah, NC State should be number 1 in polls. No question.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Living about 25 minutes from the Yum Center. The only place I have seen UConn live. And UConn lost :eek:

Yes, I'm going to watch last night's game. Louisville had no answer. Goodness. NC St owned the cards. I'll probably watch NC St when they are on TV again.

Reaction Score
I've seen a couple of their games and don't think they are clearly the best team but at this point I would have to move them to #1 on my list. I had Louisville there before due to them being undefeated but thought they clearly were not the best team I had seen. So NC State should be #1 and SC vs UConn winner next week should be #2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom