NBT- Yankees fans throw baseballs onto field | The Boneyard

NBT- Yankees fans throw baseballs onto field

Reaction Score
Over the years Yankee fans are famous for throwing beers, batteries and whatever onto the field to voice their displeasure with the Bombers. But this is a new one. They showered left field with baseballs last night.

For years I used to sit in the right field bleachers at Wrigley Field. We never threw anything on the field. We did throw back home runs hit by Cubs opponents but the goal was to get the ball al the way to the infield. The intent was not to halt the game or injure anyone. Anyways, New York is New York.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
As a lifelong Yankee fan, this is embarrassing but not surprising. The ish I've seen since I first went to a game with my parents is pretty incredible. Couple of years ago I went to a playoff game vs the A's and a kid in an Oakland jersey sitting in front of me in the bleachers got showered with beer everytime the Yankees scored. He was being a bit obnoxious early on so he almost invited it, but it doesn't make it right especially bc I took a lot of collateral damage since I happened to be sitting in the area also.
Probably the thing I hate the most is some of the younger, entitled fans yelling "27 titles" when they've been alive for maybe 2 of them. We're near the top of the payroll pyramid every single year but haven't won a World Series in 10+ years. There's not a lot to brag about esp when the Rays take us to the woodshed every series nowadays.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a Yankees fan and have spent quite a few games in the right field bleachers, much to my enjoyment.

Overall, I've not be down with the home fans this season. Bad vibes, more booing, but this is next level douchery.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Yankee fan, this is embarrassing but not surprising. The ish I've seen since I first went to a game with my parents is pretty incredible. Couple of years ago I went to a playoff game vs the A's and a kid in an Oakland jersey sitting in front of me in the bleachers got showered with beer everytime the Yankees scored. He was being a bit obnoxious early on so he almost invited it, but it doesn't make it right especially bc I took a lot of collateral damage since I happened to be sitting in the area also.
Probably the thing I hate the most is some of the younger, entitled fans yelling "27 titles" when they've been alive for maybe 2 othem. We're near the top of the payroll pyramid every single year but haven't won a World Series in 10+ years. There's not a lot to brag about esp when the Rays take us to the woodshed every series nowadays.
Just another example of today's enTITLEd fans. Nothing doing in their lives so they live through their team......

Reaction Score
i was amazed by how many baseballs there were.

overall I think this is overblown. They weren't trying to hit Rays players. Someone threw a ball back, someone laughed and threw another one, and then everyone got in on the action. It was pretty harmless.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Probably the thing I hate the most is some of the younger, entitled fans yelling "27 titles" when they've been alive for maybe 2 othem. We're near the top of the payroll pyramid every single year but haven't won a World Series in 10+ years. There's not a lot to brag about esp when the Rays take us to the woodshed every series nowadays.
i’ve been to Yankee Stadium quite a few times over the years, mostly for Red Sox Yankees games. Even as a Red Sox fan and Red Sox gear I’ve never had any issues except for good-natured banter back-and-forth.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
i’ve been to Yankee Stadium quite a few times over the years, mostly for Red Sox Yankees games. Even as a Red Sox fan and Red Sox gear I’ve never had any issues except for good-natured banter back-and-forth.
Admittedly, I don't go to the Stadium as often these days and stick mostly to playoff games which brings out a different animal in fans.

CL82

Reaction Score
Admittedly, I don't go to the Stadium as often these days and stick mostly to playoff games which brings out a different animal in fans.
Believe me, stuff happens, but for the most part if you are not being a complete jerk and can tolerate a little good-natured ribbing, it’s not a problem. That said it’s been years since I’ve been to a Yankee game, so the crowd could’ve changed too.

Reaction Score
Believe me, stuff happens, but for the most part if you are not being a complete jerk and can tolerate a little good-natured ribbing, it’s not a problem. That said it’s been years since I’ve been to a Yankee game, so the crowd could’ve changed too.
I used to go to a lot of games and rarely saw any conflicts at Yankee Stadium.

Every time I've gone to a Giants game, though, I've seen a fight.

Reaction Score
The Yankees pitchers have been hitting the Rays batters regularly. Why not have the fans pitch in?

Reaction Score
Just another example of today's enTITLEd fans. Nothing doing in their lives so they live through their team......
Can't tell if you're joking or not? Yankees fans used to throw knives on the field.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m surprised it wasn’t trash or garbage being thrown. Oh that’s right, there’s already garbage on the field.

Reaction Score
This makes me ?

But isn't it kind of early for this? There's almost 150 games left in the season.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
It always makes me chuckle when I hear about the “frustration” of the fans of a team like the Yankees. It’s the very definition of first world problems. Come live a year in the shoes of a Pirates fan and you’ll gain a whole new sense of perspective

Reaction Score
It always makes me chuckle when I hear about the “frustration” of the fans of a team like the Yankees. It’s the very definition of first world problems. Come live a year in the shoes of a Pirates fan and you’ll gain a whole new sense of perspective
Majority of Pirates fans have never known success, so they don’t even know what they’re missing. Ignorance can be bliss.

Reaction Score
The Pirates had the glory days of Kent Ketulve. What else could you ask for?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Majority of Pirates fans have never known success, so they don’t even know what they’re missing. Ignorance can be bliss.

It’s not that we haven’t known success, but it’s always been limited due to the constraints of baseball’s financial structure. No matter how much the Yankees “struggle” they’re still never far off from contention.

The Pirates had the glory days of Kent Ketulve. What else could you ask for?

Teke was a bit before my time. I’m 35, so my wretched love affair with them started with the early 90’s teams.

Reaction Score
What do you expect from a bunch of mentally deficient morons.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
throwing stuff? whoda thunk it. i mean, it's not like folks in nyc haven't been throwing stuff like bricks, bottles, cinderblocks, and the like, thru windows, at cars, other folks, and etc for around a year now, is it? the 'zeiteist ' there in the city is very weird nowadays, and it ain't changing anytime soon. i would describe it, for the overwhelming majority of normal folks of good will, as frustration. and not just because of 'hey Judge! when are u gonna actually do what everyone says that u can do?'
of course, the likes of me are no longer allowed in the stadium anymore (ver are ur papers?), so, not my problem anymore either. we're thinking aboot a little jaunt to those mostly southern places this summer where the only question at the gate is 'tickets, please!' and the stands are filled with shouts of 'beer here! red hots, get ur red hots!' and such. less city time entertainment just means more surf time. we'll adapt quite nicely, thank you very much. there's always susan and john on the radio to accompany a beeyootiful, snoozy summer afternoon out in the sunshine.

Reaction Score
A lifelong Yankees fan since the Reggie days. I stopped watching when MLB implemented stupid rule changes for pitchers, extra innings etc. 100+ years worked well and they messed it up.

CL82

Reaction Score
I used to go to a lot of games and rarely saw any conflicts at Yankee Stadium.

Every time I've gone to a Giants game, though, I've seen a fight.
I've also have been to Giants Stadium in Pat's gear for a Patriots. A little friendly give and take but no issues.

Reaction Score
I've also have been to Giants Stadium in Pat's gear for a Patriots. A little friendly give and take but no issues.
Giants fans don't have any issues with Pats fans for the most part. If the superbowl games went the other way, you'd probably have a different experience

CL82

Reaction Score
Giants fans don't have any issues with Pats fans for the most part. If the superbowl games went the other way, you'd probably have a different experience
Yeah, they do like to rub that in. [shrugs]. Completely understandable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom