NBA | The Boneyard

NBA

Reaction Score
I have not watched the NBA recently because it lost the team play that I enjoy, however , I did watch the Lakers/Nuggets game last night and was amazed at the play making skills of the Denver post. His passing skills reminded me of Pistol Pete and he seemed to enjoy the Team play. Think I will follow his game and hope he rubs off on some of the guys who play ME ball!

Reaction Score
I have not watched the NBA recently because it lost the team play that I enjoy, however , I did watch the Lakers/Nuggets game last night and was amazed at the play making skills of the Denver post. His passing skills reminded me of Pistol Pete and he seemed to enjoy the Team play. Think I will follow his game and hope he rubs off on some of the guys who play ME ball!

Their center, jocik, is amazing. Inside out game, ball handler

Reaction Score
I think I must give up my hopes of understanding basketball. I will admit I felt there could be a sweep in both semi final series, I just picked the wrong teams, Miami over Boston and Denver over LA, putting my basketball analysis to shame!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think I must give up my hopes of understanding basketball. I will admit I felt there could be a sweep in both semi final series, I just picked the wrong teams, Miami over Boston and Denver over LA, putting my basketball analysis to shame!
Yep. I don't really follow, but of course wanted to root for the Knicks (my Dad's team, as much as he followed, not much); the Suns as our local entry out here, and the Warriors because we are big Steve Kerr fans. While I'm no fan of Boston sports, one of my subscriptions is the Boston Globe (I get newsletters) so I was also respectful of them. The Lakers and the Heat, not so much.

Count me among the very surprised. Although I simply don't watch men's basketball, college or pro.

Reaction Score
Denver isn't surprising to me. They made it to the conference finals last season and they didn't have Jamal Murray as he was out for the season. I'm pulling for Denver to sweep LA.

The Heat aren't surprising, however how the Celtics has seemed to have put up the white flag baffles me. Makes me wonder if their play against Philadelphia was a mirage. Seeing Lowry at his crafty finest makes this Raptors fan smile. That's what made him so loved when he played in Toronto.

Reaction Score
Denver isn't surprising to me. They made it to the conference finals last season and they didn't have Jamal Murray as he was out for the season. I'm pulling for Denver to sweep LA.

The Heat aren't surprising, however how the Celtics has seemed to have put up the white flag baffles me. Makes me wonder if their play against Philadelphia was a mirage. Seeing Lowry at his crafty finest makes this Raptors fan smile. That's what made him so loved when he played in Toronto.

Yeah. Denver isn't all that surprising. Their status has risen over the last two or three years and Joker is a joy to watch. Not having Jamal Murray last year, did hurt the team last year. I really like this team and then reading about how he (Jamal) thought that they would trade him because of his injury, that was powerful. Jamal is a special player.

The Heat. Yeah, I am surprised. Not even going to lie. I just did not see them getting this far, especially after Tyler Herro went down with his injury. I thought the Bucks would destroy them in that First Round. Now, here the Heat stand. On the verge of a sweeping the Celtics. That would be crazy if the two cornerstones; Lakers & Celtics, both get swept in their respective Conference Finals.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Denver isn't all that surprising. Their status has risen over the last two or three years and Joker is a joy to watch. Not having Jamal Murray last year, did hurt the team last year. I really like this team and then reading about how he (Jamal) thought that they would trade him because of his injury, that was powerful. Jamal is a special player.

The Heat. Yeah, I am surprised. Not even going to lie. I just did not see them getting this far, especially after Tyler Herro went down with his injury. I thought the Bucks would destroy them in that First Round. Now, here the Heat stand. On the verge of a sweeping the Celtics. That would be crazy if the two cornerstones; Lakers & Celtics, both get swept in their respective Conference Finals.

I hear you, but with guys like Butler and Lowry, I know better than to count them out. They both have chips on their shoulders which provides them the motivation needed. Personally, they seem hungrier than Boston. When Magic comments on Boston noting he thinks they quit, that's a heck of a statement.

Reaction Score
becoming an NBA fan, the Eastern final shocked me. It was clear to me Boston had better players but the Heat were the better team. Just shows team play will overcome ME ball every time. The Heat coach did a great job getting those guys to play Team Ball, I loved it!

Reaction Score
becoming an NBA fan, the Eastern final shocked me. It was clear to me Boston had better players but the Heat were the better team. Just shows team play will overcome ME ball every time. The Heat coach did a great job getting those guys to play Team Ball, I loved it!

I think the Heat coach is probably the most underrated coach in the league.

Reaction Score
I think the Heat coach is probably the most underrated coach in the league.

Not a fan of calling Spoelstra underrated but I get the point. He just goes about the task and keeps the focus on what needs to be done. It's never been flashy. It's always been about handling business.

Example during the trophy presentation when someone talked about a motivational video and he moved past it to talk about focusing on what's ahead. He's great at avoiding the distractions that come with the job as a head coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom