OT: - NBA Games | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Games

Reaction Score
Watching Boston v. Toronto.

Tremon Waters has played about 15 minutes. He actually doesn't look the part. Hate to say it for a New Haven kid. Kind of weak all around.

I don't know how he is in the league instead of Shabazz Napier.

Reaction Score

Tremon Waters has played about 15 minutes. He actually doesn't look the part. Hate to say it for a New Haven kid. Kind of weak all around.

Waters on a 2-way deal and costs basically nothing. He is developmental.

Reaction Score
I’m very impressed with Pritchard from Oregon and how good he is early on in his Celtics career. Didn’t think he’d be a great pro but he’s showing the potential to be pretty damn good eventually I think. Tough, confident kid for sure.

Reaction Score

Waters was so bad leading the team tjey blew a 25 point lead and coach had to put the starters back in. Oof.

Getting a decisive win without Kemba, Smart, or Teague is impressive though. The PG rotation is basically a G-League rotation

Reaction Score
Waters was so bad leading the team tjey blew a 25 point lead and coach had to put the starters back in. Oof.

Getting a decisive win without Kemba, Smart, or Teague is impressive though. The PG rotation is basically a G-League rotation
-17 on plus minus tonight for him. Yikes.

Reaction Score
I was surprised that he got the start over Pritchard, Stevens must see something in him,but at only 5' 10" he looks like a midget out there and a liability on defense.

At times he did some good job running the offense but at his height he needs to be an Isiah Thomas (the Celtic not Detroit) to justify someone that small playing. On offense he just got stuffed going to the basket 1 for 8 and was 1 for 4 from the three.

He definitely needs to bulk up he was getting pushed around like a rag doll.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pritchard is the steal of the draft at #26. Kid has 18/2/8 on 70% shooting tonight

Pritchard really does look very good. I'm impressed. He certainly isn't playing like a rookie. That extra time in college shows. But he's quicker than I would have guessed.

@upstater Waters was only playing because both Marcus Smart and Jeff Teague were out. They sure as hell don't want him playing 24 minutes if it can be avoided.

I am encouraged that Bob Williams is getting some run and producing. 11 points on 4-5 and 15 rebounds.

Reaction Score
Pritchard with the offensive rebound and stick back for the win tonight.

I was privy to Ainge's thoughts before the draft and Pritchard was his guy late in the first round (he wasn't going to use the 14th pick on him). Loved Pritchard's work ethic and toughness.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I was privy to Ainge's thoughts before the draft and Pritchard was his guy late in the first round (he wasn't going to use the 14th pick on him). Loved Pritchard's work ethic and toughness.

Are you Danny's golf buddy or something? Those Miami uniforms are an abomination against nature, and my eyes.

I think Danny has a good eye for guys who are sometimes overlooked. Some of his gambles don't pay off, but enough of them do.

Reaction Score

Privy to Danny's thoughts huh? You mean you had the Scoop Hoop?

Aren't you something lol

Reaction Score

You wanna ask him why they drafted Nesmith, who can't even find the floor right now? 13 minutes per game in blowouts, and he still is shooting 22% from 3... I haven't been in love with the Celtics draft picks outside the top 10 (other than Pritchard) in years. Edwards, Semi, Langford, G Williams, and R Williams until this past week have all looked like either major busts, or at most just serviceable rotation piece.

To be fair, I was miffed with Pritchard at 26. I definitely got that one wrong.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You wanna ask him why they drafted Nesmith, who can't even find the floor right now? 13 minutes per game in blowouts, and he still is shooting 22% from 3... I haven't been in love with the Celtics draft picks outside the top 10 (other than Pritchard) in years. Edwards, Semi, Langford, G Williams, and R Williams until this past week have all looked like either major busts, or at most just serviceable rotation piece.

I absolutely did not like Edwards or Langford. I was unhappy with Grant Williams, only because I thought they absolutely had to get rim protection and athleticism with that pick, and they could have. I like to think they would have taken Brandon Clarke if he didn't go the pick before. But they should have taken him at 20 and kept him. I am sure they would have grabbed Herro is he was there at 14.

Otherwise, I think Grant and Semi were savvy picks. Middle 1st round most GMs roll the dice hoping to snag a star. Lots of those guys become duds. Ainge sometimes intentionally drafts bench rotational guys, and I think that is what he did with Semi and Grant. Low ceiling high floor guys.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I absolutely did not like Edwards or Langford. I was unhappy with Grant Williams, only because I thought they absolutely had to get rim protection and athleticism with that pick, and they could have. I like to think they would have taken Brandon Clarke if he didn't go the pick before. But they should have taken him at 20 and kept him. I am sure they would have grabbed Herro is he was there at 14.

Otherwise, I think Grant and Semi were savvy picks. Middle 1st round most GMs roll the dice hoping to snag a star. Lots of those guys become duds. Ainge sometimes intentionally drafts bench rotational guys, and I think that is what he did with Semi and Grant. Low ceiling high floor guys.

Losing the coin flip to Miami arguably cost them the title

They were taking hero.

But hero was not good in the regular season. Let’s see if the bubble carries over or if it’s just a weird anomaly

the Q

Reaction Score

Semi was a guy I called for Danny in round 2. It’s his kind of guy.

Plus he had the size and strength to guard the top wings. Eventually.

But he had to shoot like he did at the end of his college career and he has not

the Q

Reaction Score

After Tyler hero you wonder why they didn’t take bigger, strong, more athletic hero?

I get why they took Romeo. He seemed to fall Because his injured shooting wrist sunk his season.

It was injury arbitrage.

I wouldn’t have hated Clark or thybulle there though. Of course I also wouldn’t been ok with seku, simply due to upside. Even if he wouldn’t have played much.

Reaction Score
After Tyler hero you wonder why they didn’t take bigger, strong, more athletic hero?

I get why they took Romeo. He seemed to fall Because his injured shooting wrist sunk his season.

It was injury arbitrage.

I wouldn’t have hated Clark or thybulle there though. Of course I also wouldn’t been ok with seku, simply due to upside. Even if he wouldn’t have played much.

I don't know enough to reall critique any one specific draft pick. All I'm saying is that it seems like other GMs have a "hit rate" with these lower-ranked guys much better than the Celts. How many draft picks have we had in the last 4 years--65?

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't know enough to reall critique any one specific draft pick. All I'm saying is that it seems like other GMs have a "hit rate" with these lower-ranked guys much better than the Celts. How many draft picks have we had in the last 4 years--65?

Yeah.

Danny not having a great run recently. But he was hitting better earlier.

But those later picks are such a crap shoot.

Reaction Score

Nesmith was his guy at 14. I thought he might want to go for Kira Lewis (went the spot before the Celtics' pick anyway) because Danny loves those athletic players. But he wanted shooting. Too early to give up on Nesmith. Remember he only played about 1.5 seasons in college. Gotta give him more time.

Outside the top 5-10 picks the draft is a crapshoot for everyone. Go through every draft the last 15 years and see what players are doing and you'll laugh a lot about why a guy was picked at a certain spot. For every Tony Parker there are 50 other guys who didn't live up to their draft position.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Nesmith was his guy at 14. I thought he might go for Kira Lewis because Danny loves those athletic players. But he wanted shooting. Too early to give up on Nesmith. Remember he only played about 1.5 seasons in college. Gotta give him more time.

Outside the top 5-10 picks the draft is a crapshoot for everyone. Go through every draft the last 15 years and see what players are doing and you'll laugh a lot about why a guy was picked at a certain spot. For every Tony Parker there are 50 other guys who didn't live up to their draft position.

That's exactly why I like that he doesn't gamble on every pick. Teams need rotation guys, and sometimes picking late you can get a long term NBA bench rotation player that is overlooked because he has no star potential.

I'm still happy with the Nesmith pick. People bitched about Jaylen Brown for quite awhile. They look pretty dumb now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom