OT: - NBA Draft News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Draft News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s not Draymond- game is not similar at all.
Measurement and game-wise, he's much closer to Kawhi (6'6" with 7'2.5" wingspan and large hands). Just needs his Chip Engelland.

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
they don't have any recruits coming in which is odd and the loss of nembard is going to hurt. their roster doesnt scare me unless they get malachi smith.

starting lineup: Hickman / Bolton / Strawther / Watson / Timme. sallis and efton reid off the bench.

not picking them to make the final 4
They have a kid from a few towns over from me coming in. Braden Huff 4 star 6'9" C/F. Illinois player of the year. Grew 6 inches in hs so he was kind of under the radar until this year. Played on the state championship team which had it's entire starting 5 receive D1 offers so his stats aren't off the charts. Really good skill set because he played guard until his junior year. I think he'll play significant minutes this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Holmgren will go high, but I wouldn't draft him. I just don't see him ever getting the strength to compete. Could be wrong, but if I was a GM I'd let someone else take the chance.
I think he profiles as a Giannis/Mobley/AD style 4. Elite help defense, but what makes him different from those guys will be his offense. While those guys are mostly paint scorers, Chet projects as a reliable floor spacer, with potential as a secondary creator. I’d compare him to a taller Jaren Jackson Jr without the streaky shooting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he profiles as a Giannis/Mobley/AD style 4. Elite help defense, but what makes him different from those guys will be his offense. While those guys are mostly paint scorers, Chet projects as a reliable floor spacer, with potential as a secondary creator. I’d compare him to a taller Jaren Jackson Jr without the streaky shooting.
If he didn't weigh as much as a 6' guard should, I'd buy that. He needs to add 40 pounds, and I don't know if his frame can support it. It's a physical game. He has mad skills for sure.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he didn't weigh as much as a 6' guard should, I'd buy that. He needs to add 40 pounds, and I don't know if his frame can support it. It's a physical game. He has mad skills for sure.
I know he’s smaller than those guys I mentioned, but if a team can keep him off physical bigs early in his career, I think he mitigates the physical disadvantages with what he does extremely well. My problem is if the team that drafts him immediately sticks him at center and let’s him get destroyed.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I downloaded Sam Vecenie's 130-page draft guide from The Athletic and here's where he ranks Big East players on his top-100 Big Board:

44 - Justin Lewis, Marquette
52 - Aminu Mohammed, Georgetown
55 - Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall
59 - Julian Champagnie, St. John's
67 - Collin Gillespie, Villanova
68 - Tyrese Martin, UConn
97 - Jermaine Samuels, Villanova

Here's a summary of what he had to say about Tyrese:

Strengths:
  • Among the toughest players in the draft, excellent physicality and motor
  • Does little things well
  • Crashes offensive boards
  • Defensive switchability
  • Smart system defender
  • Improved as shooter, shot 43.3% in catch-and-shoot situations last year.

Weaknesses:
  • Not ideal length
  • 69% FT %.
  • Not a terrific shot creator or ballhandler
  • NBA potential depends on ability to continue shooting efficiently

Summary:
  • Will do whatever it takes to succeed.
  • Should earn at least a two-way contract
  • PT potential as a rookie is as a back end rotational player who can eat minutes when needed

Reaction Score
Here's my casual Knicks fan/passionate college basketball fan draft board for the Knicks, should they keep their pick at #11:

1) Jeremy Sochan, 6'9 230 from Baylor
2) Johnny Davis, 6'6 196 from Wisconsin
3) AJ Griffin, 6'6 222 from Duke
4) Jalen Duran, 6'11 250 from Memphis (the guy I expect the Knicks to draft. Boring pick, but a safe, high-floor replacement for Mitchell Robinson)
5) Ochai Agbaji, 6'6 217 from Kansas
6) Mark Williams, 7'2 242 fro mDuke

Reaction Score
Here's my casual Knicks fan/passionate college basketball fan draft board for the Knicks, should they keep their pick at #11:

4) Jalen Duran, 6'11 250 from Memphis (the guy I expect the Knicks to draft. Boring pick, but a safe, high-floor replacement for Mitchell Robinson)
If the Knicks package Randle and a first rounder or a player like Quickley , for Brunson, Sochan makes perfect sense as the pick to replace Randle(someday) and as a backup to Toppin. If Robinson leaves, they would need to draft a center. If Randle was packaged and Robinson left, still I would draft Duren for the size. I think Gibson might have enough to play another year as the backup to Toppin.

Maybe the Knicks could draft a good second round pick.

If Robinson signs an extension, then rather than Duren, any of Davis, Griffin, or Agbaji, make sense if Randle stays.

The available players at 11 don't seem high risk, albeit not all star quality either.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Duren will be gone before the Knicks pick. I'm guessing Agbaji, who at 22 is likely to be able to contribute immediately. Won't be a star but should be a solid rotation player.

Reaction Score
I don't have a strong opinion, which is rare and will probably change by tonight. But I'd be happy with Duran and Davis for the Knicks and fully expect one to be there. My guess is they're gonna go the boring route and take AJ Griffin

Reaction Score
I'm sure they'll let Mitch walk, draft Duren, and play him 13 mpg behind Noel and Taj for the next four years.
What about Jericho Sims? He didn't look bad when he played.

Noel is a walking ambulance, and I don't see Taj playing that many more years.

Reaction Score
Duren will be gone before the Knicks pick. I'm guessing Agbaji, who at 22 is likely to be able to contribute immediately. Won't be a star but should be a solid rotation player.
Agbaji could well turn into a Mikal Bridges and have a highly productive NBA career.

Something to be said for experience over perceived potential.

Reaction Score
If the Knicks package Randle and a first rounder or a player like Quickley , for Brunson, Sochan makes perfect sense as the pick to replace Randle(someday) and as a backup to Toppin. If Robinson leaves, they would need to draft a center. If Randle was packaged and Robinson left, still I would draft Duren for the size. I think Gibson might have enough to play another year as the backup to Toppin.

If Robinson signs an extension, then rather than Duren, any of Davis, Griffin, or Agbaji, make sense if Randle stays.

The available players at 11 don't seem high risk, albeit not all star quality either.
You guys can trade that pick for Brogdon please, thanks!

Reaction Score
the draft seems to be an afterthought to all of the noise swirling around the Nets/player movement

Reaction Score

What a disaster they are, I got a little nauseous reading that.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they'll let Mitch walk, draft Duren, and play him 13 mpg behind Noel and Taj for the next four years.

I know you are joking but I don’t think Thibs makes it 2 more years.

Reaction Score
Woj reporting Banchero in play at 1. Weird report. Not like him to report a maybe. Maybe a smokescreen?

Or this means definitely Banchero but he doesn't want to spoil telecast.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Woj reporting Banchero in play at 1. Weird report. Not like him to report a maybe. Maybe a smokescreen?

Or this means definitely Banchero but he doesn't want to spoil telecast.
Smith dropped to 3! Smith>Banchero>Chet imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom