OT: - NBA Draft News | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Draft News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not an awesome night for OTE last night. No one drafted with two projected to be drafted (including a projected first round pick in Montero). They’ll definitely have picks next year but with NIL, that model looks worse and worse. They need to consistently get players drafted or OTE is going to flame out.
They might want to get some coaches in there can develop a guy or two. Might be a good starting point.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Not an awesome night for OTE last night. No one drafted with two projected to be drafted (including a projected first round pick in Montero). They’ll definitely have picks next year but with NIL, that model looks worse and worse. They need to consistently get players drafted or OTE is going to flame out.
Looks like they’ve pivoted their model slightly since with nil high school kids can play for them and still be eligible for ncaa as long as they don’t get a salary. To me, this model makes a lot more sense because it allows top high school prospects to maximize their focus on basketball and make as much nil money as possible, pre - graduation, while leaving all post graduation options open, and thus ote doesn’t have to directly compete with the ncaa+nil.

A couple top prospects in the upcoming classes have already jumped on this: Naas Cunningham (#1 in 2024) and one other I can’t remember

Reaction Score
Jaden Hardy was a top 3 high school senior in the country last year and parlayed a year in the G League Ignite into a second round draft slot.

Reaction Score
Jaden Hardy was a top 3 high school senior in the country last year and parlayed a year in the G League Ignite into a second round draft slot.
I'll admit I didn't watch the G League at all, but he averaged 20 ppg, were they just empty stats?

Reaction Score
I'll admit I didn't watch the G League at all, but he averaged 20 ppg, were they just empty stats?
Scouting report basically read disengaged completely on defense. Selfish on offense

Michael Foster was another her 5 star kid who went undrafted

Reaction Score
this kid participated in all-star weekend (rising stars game, skills challenge, etc.) and was HORRIBLE. it was actually pretty unbelievable to watch. if that performance was at all a reflection of his g-league season, i am not surprised that he fell so far.

in contrast, dyson daniels (another g-league guy) was super intriguing to watch play over the course of the same weekend, and ended up being a lottery pick.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Tons of five-star kids who go to college bust every year. I don't think OTE or Ignite are to be blamed here.
Yeah JD Davison was had somewhat similar profile as a top 10 recruit (top pg in some rankings I think). Tyrese was drafted ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom