National reaction | The Boneyard

National reaction

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Pretty good listen, UConn's stock to the moon

What a horrible piece of research and reporting. The woman doing the recap said Bouk had 18 points and Gaff had 12. They either forgot to put in a "in the first half" or had the wrong numbers. I realize the person is reading off a script or telestrator but it's just lazy reporting.

Reaction Score

I haven't paid much attention to the BE in our abscense. Obviously Nova has been great. But as we've gotten back into the mix I'm now realizing it's become non competitive. And I don't think any of these teams are good enough to consistently compete with Nova. They need us. Obviously we need them. ACC just wasn't working. But the BE needed us. There was no begging.

Reaction Score
I haven't paid much attention to the BE in our abscense. Obviously Nova has been great. But as we've gotten back into the mix I'm now realizing it's become non competitive. And I don't think any of these teams are good enough to consistently compete with Nova. They need us. Obviously we need them. ACC just wasn't working. But the BE needed us. There was no begging.
Last year all 10 teams were in the Top 94 of KenPom. If the tournament weren't cancelled they would have gotten 5-7 bids, and BracketMatrix had them with two 2s and a 3 seed.

Villanova, Creighton, and Seton Hall all tied for the regular season conference title.

There was ample competition.

Villanova has been better than the other teams, but all their best records were posted in the first few years after the Old Big East ended. We hit the league in a down year. It's recruiting well and its worst team—DePaul—would typically be favored over the worst teams of other leagues.

Reaction Score
Last year all 10 teams were in the Top 94 of KenPom. If the tournament weren't cancelled they would have gotten 5-7 bids, and BracketMatrix had them with two 2s and a 3 seed.

Villanova, Creighton, and Seton Hall all tied for the regular season conference title.

There was ample competition.

Villanova has been better than the other teams, but all their best records were posted in the first few years after the Old Big East ended. We hit the league in a down year. It's recruiting well and its worst team—DePaul—would typically be favored over the worst teams of other leagues.
Good data. They/we definitely need some other teams that can make it to the Final Four on occasion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom