National reaction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

National reaction

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Begging and pleading a valid case are 2 entirely different things

Reaction Score
"UConn begged to get the Big East"?? Suck a D asshat.

Who was it that said this? The reply from Benedict doesn't say either.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who was it that said this? The reply from Benedict doesn't say either.

Norlander

Reaction Score
Norlander

Just went and watched the clip. My impression is he was talking about the fans desire for the team to get into the Big East, because he leads into it with fans been thrilled after the drought. Whether that's how everyone felt among the fans or not, I don't think he was saying Benedict or the school was begging. Maybe he'll clarify and say he did mean that though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just went and watched the clip. My impression is he was talking about the fans desire for the team to get into the Big East,
That wasn't mine at all. It totally sounded like he was talking about UConn the program. It's important to cut this crap off at the knees. People still think Danny Ainge did the biting.

Reaction Score
Just having a guy like Cole stepping up, Gaffney getting his handle and popping a couple threes, and Sanogo feeling more confident have made a big difference. And those minutes we get from Josh Carlton are very solid. If we stay healthy we stay dangerous.

Reaction Score
That wasn't mine at all. It totally sounded like he was talking about UConn the program. It's important to cut this crap off at the knees. People still think Danny Ainge did the biting.
To be fair, he mentioned the "fanbase" twice and then the "program," and then finished saying the fanbase was elated. So I suppose it's possible he was referring the the fanbase. So it's possible he meant fans want to go to the Big East, not that we had to beg to get into the Big East.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just having a guy like Cole stepping up, Gaffney getting his handle and popping a couple threes, and Sanogo feeling more confident have made a big difference. And those minutes we get from Josh Carlton are very solid. If we stay healthy we stay dangerous.
Chaim Bloom wishes he had our flexibility.

Reaction Score

That doesn't really make sense as a followup to his point about the fans being really happy, like I said. Why would he start a point about the fans being happy and then jump to a baseless insult out of nowhere (keeping in mind, the segment overall is glowingly positive). It just makes more sense that it's a continuation of his previous thought.

Reaction Score
They’re all going to remember who we are again! ??

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Teams that are in the Big East have won 4 of the last 9 National Championships.
^ and that is an object lesson in "framing."

EDIT: written before reading @Waquoit 's similar appreciation.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That doesn't really make sense as a followup to his point about the fans being really happy, like I said. Why would he start a point about the fans being happy and then jump to a baseless insult out of nowhere (keeping in mind, the segment overall is glowingly positive). It just makes more sense that it's a continuation of his previous thought.
I'm glad AD Dave disagrees with you as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom