2021 Recruiting: - Nate Santos; kid loves Uconn | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Nate Santos; kid loves Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kid is a legitimate 6’7/6’8 now from what I’ve heard. Reminds of a young, poor man’s Luka Doncic.

On Uconn:

“Earlier this season, Santos was part of a large contingent of recruits that attended UConn's XL Center victory over Memphis. He’s also visited the main campus in Storrs and seems to have a positive opinion of the program.

“I went to the Memphis game and I went there, I think earlier this year, and watched practice (in Storrs),” Santos said. “I just really like the relationship between Hurley and his players, how the team, everyone has come together and the environment, the fans, love UConn basketball.

"(I also like) their style of play - they’re fast and they push the ball,” he added. “Basically, all those things are why I like them.”

Reaction Score
Kid is a legitimate 6’7/6’8 now from what I’ve heard. Reminds of a young, poor man’s Luka Doncic.

On Uconn:

“Earlier this season, Santos was part of a large contingent of recruits that attended UConn's XL Center victory over Memphis. He’s also visited the main campus in Storrs and seems to have a positive opinion of the program.

“I went to the Memphis game and I went there, I think earlier this year, and watched practice (in Storrs),” Santos said. “I just really like the relationship between Hurley and his players, how the team, everyone has come together and the environment, the fans, love UConn basketball.

"(I also like) their style of play - they’re fast and they push the ball,” he added. “Basically, all those things are why I like them.”

Would love the pick up

UconnU

Reaction Score
If anyone wants to see the highlights on this STUD prospect, scroll down on this link: NATE SANTOS

UconnU

Reaction Score
I hope he plays well enough that we can offer this spring. I suspect we watch him a few times in April and make a decision from there.

Tom Moore will likely be the main recruiter.
I think the offer is implied and coming. Hurley loves big guards like this that can shoot. As soon as he drops 20 in the first live period we offer.

Reaction Score
I think the offer is implied and coming. Hurley loves big guards like this that can shoot. As soon as he drops 20 in the first live period we offer.

I just watched his highlights and half a game.

Things to like:
- Clearly a knockdown, elite shooter. Catch and shoot, or dribbling with his right hand (not left).
- Good size and build
- Had a couple-few left-hand finishes at the rim

Concerns:
- Injury history
- Didn't have any "wow me" athletic or toughness plays.
- Didn't demonstrate any creativity passing.

The athleticism is likely a concern for Hurley with his uptempo intense defense. But it's also hard to turn down a local elite shooter with size. I suspect we offer by May

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Things to like:
- Clearly a knockdown, elite shooter. Catch and shoot, or dribbling with his right hand (not left).
- Good size and build

Concerns:
- Injury history

The athleticism is likely a concern for Hurley with his uptempo intense defense. But it's also hard to turn down a local elite shooter with size. I suspect we offer by May
In the article they kept saying he was a great athlete, he's gonna have to prove it sooner or later.

UconnU

Reaction Score
In the article they kept saying he was a great athlete, he's gonna have to prove it sooner or later.
He’s a plus athlete on recent tape. For his size, which doesn’t show on tape, he’s an elite athlete. He’s way taller and longer than he looks on tape, maybe because most teams have big men on him. Here’s video of him a year and a half ago being interviewed by an average sized man.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Wh
I hope he plays well enough that we can offer this spring. I suspect we watch him a few times in April and make a decision from there.

Tom Moore will likely be the main recruiter.
Why do you believe Moore would be the main recruiter on this kid? I know nothing about how their recruiting system works. Genuinely interested.

Reaction Score
Wh Why do you believe Moore would be the main recruiter on this kid? I know nothing about how their recruiting system works. Genuinely interested.

Tom usually leads the New England Preps (Akok). Kimani seems to be the NY guy (Bouk). Kenya I'm not so sure... Gotta assume his Midwest connections are probably great, such as for Hunter Sallis.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Wasn't he ranked pretty highly? Now he isn't ranked anywhere.

Joe Santos on Twitter: "Nate Santos coast to coast https://post original url/hsJBFbD26K" / Twitter

Yes he was a high end 4-Star ahead of Mac but they did something with their rankings recently. Doesn’t really matter kid is a stud. He’s looked great recently.

Reaction Score
He’s a plus athlete on recent tape. For his size, which doesn’t show on tape, he’s an elite athlete. He’s way taller and longer than he looks on tape, maybe because most teams have big men on him. Here’s video of him a year and a half ago being interviewed by an average sized man.

He's a freshman in this vid? Dude is cut.

Reaction Score

Things to like:
- Good size and build

Concerns:
- Injury history

Beautiful shooting stroke and most of his makes are swishes -- tremendous touch.

We could use a pure shooter on the wing to complement guys like Jackson who excel in other areas but aren't necessarily threats beyond the arc.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I dont know, looks kind of like a one trick pony, doesn't really pass that well

Reaction Score
Is this the kid? If so sign me up! Nate Santos <-- link to Youtube Clip
Already has a Division I ready body and got Whaley like bounce! I like what I am seeing!

Reaction Score
Seems like a more athletic and versatile Tyler Polley. Given that Polley will be a senior next year there is certainly a need for a 6'8" shooter. Looks more physically mature as a high schooler than Polley. I am all in on making sure that there is a 3-point threat in the 3/4 position. This has been a glaring weakness since Polley and Akok have been injured. He is not a CT kid as he is from Illinois and playing prep ball at Loomis. Whether there is a draw to going back closer to home is unclear. Offers from Illinois and Creighton closer to home.

Reaction Score
let me put it this way. if our staff WANTS them, then we should have zero problem! they're recruiting has been outstanding even though it is just a one/two season sample size. bouknight and akok are studs and gaffney is developing into an exciting piece. I hope RJ, Andre, and Javonte follow suit. the staff has proven that their development of players like Whaley and hurley's first recruit Brendan Adams after his freshman year is proving to be a great track record for years to come. in hurley we trust.

Reaction Score
He's from a huge basketball family, sadly they have had a ton of injuries to fight through...

How Santos overcame series of injuries to earn on-court role at Missouri | Mizzou Men's Basketball | columbiamissourian.com

And Nate has had his own injury hiatory already. I have no idea how genetic predisposition for this stuff goes, but it's certainly concerning. Any insight @Doctor Hoop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom