OT: - Nas- “King’s Disease II” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Nas- “King’s Disease II”

Reaction Score
Please elaborate...
Actually thats not the line. I didnt realize that line was wrong when i posted it. The actual line is:

MC’s, I’m eatin’ you B-I-T-C-H-E-S like tortilla chips
Me, I`m free of debt, yeah green is on chia pet

The first line hes saying hes crushing other rappers he finds corny (tortilla chips are made of corn) with his wordplay
While the second line is a little more straight forward where hes saying he doesnt owe no one a thing (likely referring to record labels who reap most of the profits) allowing his wealth (money is green) to grow like a chia pet.

He basically said hes better than most rappers which he finds corny and hes making a lot of money because of it. Except he said this in an obviously creative and humorous way. Whats left out which is the absolutely ridiculous rhyme scheme he uses to deliver the lines. Beautiful delivery. Btw he changed his rhyme scheme 5 times during his verse. Brilliant.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Actually thats not the line. I didnt realize that line was wrong when i posted it. The actual line is:

Me, I`m free of debt, yeah green is on chia pet
OK. So we agree "chia green is on chia pet" made no sense, lol.

I personally prefer his horror rap stuff to most of his self-promo raps (and he has a ton of those). No doubt he's a genius with rhyme patterns and even hooks. There's also more going on sonically in his work compared to most rappers of recent vintage.

Reaction Score
Maybe but it takes a back seat to this ridiculousness:
"Em is an embarrassment at this point, he literally plays word salad and throws it all in a blender and tries to make it match. He's not even in my top 10."

Me, I’m free of debt, yeah green is on Chia Pet
This is the effects of my old neighborhood, misery index
Poverty at its peak, OCD and PTSD I guess
R.I.P. out to DMX, geez louise, and MC Ecstasy
And Prince Markie Dee, MF DOOM, I hit 50 via text
Told him that I love him ’cause I don’t even know when I’ma see him next
Tomorrow could be a death

The fact you can call this "word salad" and an "embarrasment" shows youre clearly missing the level of depth and creativity (of course youll say your not) in just these few bars of elite lyricism and flow mastery. This makes me question if you know what your talking about. Who knows you maybe you do but this isnt your best moment.

I think the more concerning point here is that you're trying to pawn this off as a good verse?

I genuinely can't believe that you're using this as an example of "lyrical wizardry".

The bar is officially on the floor.

Reaction Score
I think the more concerning point here is that you're trying to pawn this off as a good verse?

I genuinely can't believe that you're using this as an example of "lyrical wizardry".

The bar is officially on the floor.
I knew youd say that. No its not the best part of his verse but its still dope. Why dont you explain why the bars are so horrible instead of just criticizing and giving absolutely no actual feedback.

Reaction Score
I think you did my job for me when you quoted that utter babbling garbage.

C'mon man, be better at this.

Reaction Score
Youre wack.

Apostrophe check.

There is nothing worse than debating or arguing with Eminem Stans'...

Absolutely delusional and refuse to listen to common sense or see the other side of the argument.

He has not made a good record in almost TWENTY YEARS. "The Eminem Show" was actually a decent album. Anything since then has been a drugged up mess - or lazy mailing it in music during the rehab process.

Please just keep it moving, you cannot win this one.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well, I'm a 65 year old white guy, thus would never have experienced living hip hop. But, instead of the offhand comment, try for a moment to look at it from a musical perspective. With rock, for instance, when some artist came along with something novel, say the Beatles, Stones, Dylan, the Clash, Radiohead, etc. etc., even the casual listener knew there was something different with the potential to entirely change music. Same could be said for a lot of hip hop OG, and later guys like Eminem and Kanye, but with few exceptions, I'm having a difficult time with 21st century artists, rap or pop, in understanding what makes them unique or popular.

I believe it was Rick Beato, music professor, when describing digital production, said something like, "When everyone is using the same algorithms, it's inevitable that you'll get sameness in sound."

Beato nailed it. If you are laying down electronic drum tracks based on a program, then the human element is missing. AutoTune? Garbage. If you can't play it live with real instruments, then it lacks soul. It's canned.

Reaction Score
Apostrophe check.

There is nothing worse than debating or arguing with Eminem Stans'...

Absolutely delusional and refuse to listen to common sense or see the other side of the argument.

He has not made a good record in almost TWENTY YEARS. "The Eminem Show" was actually a decent album. Anything since then has been a drugged up mess - or lazy mailing it in music during the rehab process.

Please just keep it moving, you cannot win this one.
Youre right i cant win. There is no winning with stupid. Im done with your nonsense.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Overall thought this was okay and is very listenable. As somebody who thinks Nas is the GOAT, and actually the GOAT not just throwing that term around, I just do not like him and Hitboy together. I think KD1 and KD2 could be combined and about half the songs dropped from both to make a much better singular standing album. With that said I can get past the production if the lyrics are there as I am also a huge Ras Kass fan and he suffers the same ear problems as Nas.

Reaction Score
Forget Nas...any of yall listening to that new Westside Gunn??? Boomboomboomboomboomboom!!!!

Reaction Score
While we argued furiously about this one....

"Magic" is quite good.

QUITE.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
"All I want for Christmas is Tribe to reunite
A brand new pair of Nikes and Drake to take a hike
And my dream is for Nas to make an album with Preem
And Wu-Tang to make a song that's as classic as C.R.E.A.M..." - Apathy "Wonderful X-Mas Time" circa 2012

Song still rings true. Too bad Nas is determined to keep making albums with Hit-Boy. I will still give it a listen though since it is Nas...the GOAT in my mind.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Ugh, Apathy is the absolute worst

To each his own. But a guy who has been consistently putting out quality music for the past 15+ years and is respected by all the legends and pioneers in rap music I would not say qualifies as the absolute worst.

Reaction Score
That is in fact an untrue statement.

He has spent his entire career begging for props, doing albums with 90's legends hoping that will gain him some modicum of respect but it just hasn't.. He has carved out a niche for himself but the music thing never went the way he wanted it to.

Coming from someone who has known him for 25 years, he's a grade A scumbag.

Reaction Score
That is in fact an untrue statement.

He has spent his entire career begging for props, doing albums with 90's legends hoping that will gain him some modicum of respect but it just hasn't.. He has carved out a niche for himself but the music thing never went the way he wanted it to.

Coming from someone who has known him for 25 years, he's a grade A scumbag.
Great rapper though.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
I will take your word for it if you actually know him as a person. I know his music, which is very good. I have seen interviews with other well respected rappers who have said the opposite of you, but again I do not know the man nor I have ever met him. I will continue to support his music though since he continues to turn out quality.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
While we argued furiously about this one....

"Magic" is quite good.

QUITE.

Got around to listening to the album. Agreed. 4/5. I like that they kept it short with no filler. While we may disagree on Apathy, looking at this thread I think we share the same taste in hip-hop for the most part.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The “Magic” album is great and comes during the same week that Jay-Z said nobody could stand on stage with him during a Versuz. Lol. Nas has now dropped to good albums and a good documentary in 2021.

Reaction Score
Dropping my Best of 2021 podcast / pseudo radio show tomorrow, I won't bore you with the whole top 25 but here's the top 10:

10. AZ f. Pete Rock - Check Me Out
9. Mach-Hommy - Labou
8. Papoose f. Method Man - Heat
7. Chris Skillz & Zain f. Left Lane Didon - Sun's Rays
6. Awon & Phoniks f. Blu - Sunshine
5. Nas & A$AP Rocky - Wave Gods
4. Ransom - Pride
3. Westside Gunn f. Rome Streets - Peri Peri
2. Benny the Butcher - Flood the Block
1. Hus Kingpin f. Breezly Brewin - Chasing Ghosts

Here's the link to my new page @ MixCloud:

Online statistics