Napier Referenced In Top 25 Pg's- Blog | The Boneyard

Napier Referenced In Top 25 Pg's- Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.ballinisahabit.net/2011/...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

9. Shabazz Napier, So., UConn: Napier will be the most important player on the Huskies this year. Not only is he going to be playing the role of primary ball-handler and creator on a team chock-full of length and athleticism, but he'll be the best (only?) sharp shooter on the Husky roster. That and, you know, filling Kemba Walker's massive shoes.

What?

Reaction Score
Lamb giffeye and daniels/boat def want a say about that statement...and since when is shabazz a sharpshooter

Reaction Score
I expect Bazz to be a much better shooter than he was last year but did the person who wrote this watch Lamb at all last year?

Reaction Score
apparently not, Lamb, Daniels, Giffey, even boatright are better shooters than napier

Reaction Score
eh, I'll wait to see what Daniels and Boatright look like on the college level before I'll proclaim that they'll be better shooters. Lamb, Napier, Giffey, and Smith all came in to college last year with the rep as shooters and they all struggled except for Lamb who didn't become consistent until he hit his stride midway through the season. I think Shabazz is going to suprise some folks this year with his shooting now that he is more comfortable and settled in.

Reaction Score
Calhoun himself has said that he expects Shabazz to shoot much better this year (probably because of his poor selection last year). He has specifically stated that Boatright is a better pure scorer but not the shooter than Shabazz is. As Aceboon said, people are going to be very surprised by how good of a shooter the kid is. People forget that he wasn't known as a defensive minded, pass first PG in high school - he was a lights out gunner who didn't play D.

Reaction Score
Calhoun himself has said that he expects Shabazz to shoot much better this year (probably because of his poor selection last year). He has specifically stated that Boatright is a better pure scorer but not the shooter than Shabazz is. As Aceboon said, people are going to be very surprised by how good of a shooter the kid is. People forget that he wasn't known as a defensive minded, pass first PG in high school - he was a lights out gunner who didn't play D.

I know youtube videos can make a player look better than they are but in Shabazz's AAU/HS clips he is literally shooting 25 foot and beyond jumpers and draining them with ease. The kid can shoot and while he probably won't be required to gun since this team looks to have so much talent I expect him to be much more effecient from long range this year.

Reaction Score
I know youtube videos can make a player look better than they are but in Shabazz's AAU/HS clips he is literally shooting 25 foot and beyond jumpers and draining them with ease. The kid can shoot and while he probably won't be required to gun since this team looks to have so much talent I expect him to be much more effecient from long range this year.
Agree, Bazz will surprise people with his shot. As a frosh he was shell-shocked somewhat but he hit some huge shots in the tourney and with confidence will be a legitimate shooter.

The issue is that we have no real benchmark to go by even with Lamb. Sure Lamb, Bazz, and others had a phenomenal tourney but is that their norm? Potential is obviously there but as sophomores they have somethings to prove even (and especially) with all of the pre-season attention. We are loaded but we are still 'relatively' young. We will see shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom