Mystic dining recs? | The Boneyard

Mystic dining recs?

VCE

Reaction Score
I’m planning a trip to Mystic in October. Best steak? (Not steak loft) Best Italian? Friar Tucks looks good for pub grub. Is Mystic Pizza actually any good?

thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Mystic restaurants begin and end with the Oyster Club.

Red 36 is ok in a great location.

A lot of people like s&p oyster co but I haven’t been impressed.

Mystic Pizza isn’t great but the calzones are pretty good.

if you want steak just drive to Foxwoods and eat at David Burke.

Reaction Score
No Mystic recs, but nearby options that also are beautiful drives:

Ford’s Lobster: Noank, just go.

Noah’s: Stonington, nice one road downtown that goes all the way to the water. Noah’s has great food in comfortable setting.

Mystic Pizza is awful.

Reaction Score
Italian probably Emilia's, Steak I would try Ford's Black and Blue in Noank just a few minutes from Downtown Mystic using rte. 215. Used to be The Seahorse on Marsh St. and now run by the lobster people. Never had a bad meal at Frank's Grille on rte. 27 heading toward Old Mystic.

VCE

Reaction Score
Mystic restaurants begin and end with the Oyster Club.

Red 36 is ok in a great location.

A lot of people like s&p oyster co but I haven’t been impressed.

Mystic Pizza isn’t great but the calzones are pretty good.

if you want steak just drive to Foxwoods and eat at David Burke.
Oyster Club looks great.

Coming from NYC, it seemed like Foxwoods was in the middle of nowhere, not 20 minutes off of 95. But that was also usually after midnight and several drinks....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grass and Bone, The Engine Room and The Oyster Club are owned by the same people. For beef, they all use it from one of the Lewis' Farms near the Rhody line. Other items are locally sourced

Reaction Score
I stop in at the Captain Daniel Packer Inn every time I’m in mystic. I recommend the downstairs bar for a pre-dinner drink or nightcap. The Inn is ~250 years old and has a great old seaport vibe.

VCE

Reaction Score
We went to Abbots and Oyster Club for dinner. Abbots is byob which translated to a bottle of Jameson for me. Jamo and lobster is now a thing for me

An Irish pub for lunch one day filled with Pats fans for the game which was fun for me but less so for the older and younger members of the family.

it’s been a couple years, but south of Hartford has been building up well. Tons of new buildings and hotels.

Reaction Score
We went to Abbots and Oyster Club for dinner. Abbots is byob which translated to a bottle of Jameson for me. Jamo and lobster is now a thing for me

An Irish pub for lunch one day filled with Pats fans for the game which was fun for me but less so for the older and younger members of the family.

it’s been a couple years, but south of Hartford has been building up well. Tons of new buildings and hotels.
Think Abbott’s is closed for the season as of last weekend

VCE

Reaction Score
We were at the real Abbots on Saturday; didn’t even know about the outpost until we parked in Mystic on Sunday

edit: there’s construction on one of the bridges that doubles the time/distance to get there from Mystic proper.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom