My Car Got Stolen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

My Car Got Stolen

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
After a no big deal experience of Henri, I woke up at 4:40am, and noted that my car was not on the street outside my window. One of 12 Priuses reported gone from New Haven homes in the past day, as of my 5:50am call.

I've already completed the CT Stolen Vehicle report at the Police Dept; contacted UI to find out if nearby security cameras are operative & can be reviewed; spoken to my mechanic for used car leads; notified supportive family & friends; and girded myself for a decent hit from the experience. What else should I being doing?

My next call is to the insurance company, and learn what Actual Cash Value minus deductible will yield through my Comprehensive coverage.

Seeking advice on best sources for a reimbursed rental car while I shop for a replacement vehicle, and anything else that would be helpful in navigating this cluftersuck.

#adifferentkindofstormymonday

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
'When I have money to waste, it'll be on a 67 Shelby.
BE4F105A-CAE4-406F-A51F-0EEEA0DA0E2F.jpeg

Reaction Score
After a no big deal experience of Henri, I woke up at 4:40am, and noted that my car was not on the street outside my window. One of 12 Priuses reported gone from New Haven homes in the past day, as of my 5:50am call.

I've already completed the CT Stolen Vehicle report at the Police Dept; contacted UI to find out if nearby security cameras are operative & can be reviewed; spoken to my mechanic for used car leads; notified supportive family & friends; and girded myself for a decent hit from the experience. What else should I being doing?

My next call is to the insurance company, and learn what Actual Cash Value minus deductible will yield through my Comprehensive coverage.

Seeking advice on best sources for a reimbursed rental car while I shop for a replacement vehicle, and anything else that would be helpful in navigating this cluftersuck.

#adifferentkindofstormymonday
just curious if you left the key in the car. I can not believe how many people leave the key in the car and forget to lock it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Waze hands down best gps app. Tells u everything. Cops, construction traffic etc. super on point and up to date. Don’t know why anyone would use anything else
Is Waze as wide-ranging in remembering prior searches, making predictive location options (including from Contacts) as Google Maps? I've never looked into this closely, and would switch to using it full-time, if I knew the answer to be Yes.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'd want a '66 for birth year reasons. Besides, I was brought home from the hospital in a '66 Mustang. Was always bummed my parents didn't have future-vision to mothball it and save it for me.

Honestly, if I get a classic car at some point, I'm driving it. So I don't want anything too rare or valuable. I am very partial to '68 Cougars. But I'd enjoy almost any old muscle car, especially convertible.

My neighbor has one of these and it sits in his garage, only driven briefly on sunny days. I don't see the point.
hopefully, u don't mean this one
1964 Chevrolet Corvair Spyder Turbo For Sale | Gateway Classic Cars | 31717
it is family lore aboot a relative, who was corvair crazy once upon a time. had three or four of them back at their day, and none were any dang good.
there are still plenty of quality 'muscle cars' available at reasonable prices, you just have to be diligent and patient in ur search, and when you go to look at one, bring someone like that guy on big timber that you introduced me to.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is Waze as wide-ranging in remembering prior searches, making predictive location options (including from Contacts) as Google Maps? I've never looked into this closely, and would switch to using it full-time, if I knew the answer to be Yes.

If you want the real answer, don't ask Google. Short answer is Waze's memory is better than an elephants.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My daughter landed her dream job and moved from CT to Louisville . Two weeks later her car was stolen. Welcome to Kentucky.

The police found it during a traffic stop at 4AM , still had the CT plates, 's. The occupants fled, but were later found because they left some mail in the car. x2.

The car was a little beat up, wreaked of cigarette smoke, and there was a stolen hand gun in the glove box.
I like LouKY. I'm sorry to hear that happened. Truth is, I'm apprehensive about what it'll be like when I see my car tomorrow, and I haven't even written about the BMW X3 I've been driving since yesterday morning.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you want the real answer, don't ask Google. Short answer is Waze's memory is better than an elephants.
Even as to places for which I've never actually requested directions? I'm not sure I asking my question in alignment with what I'm trying to learn.

Reaction Score
Waze hands down best gps app. Tells u everything. Cops, construction traffic etc. super on point and up to date. Don’t know why anyone would use anything else
google bought waze. I use waze for around town driving and google maps for long trips. Google will give you speed traps reported by waze on the highway but usually not around town

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like LouKY. I'm sorry to hear that happened. Truth is, I'm apprehensive about what it'll be like when I see my car tomorrow, and I haven't even written about the BMW X3 I've been driving since yesterday morning.

So they found it? I haven't seen your post that they had. Are you liking the X3?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
google bought waze. I use waze for around town driving and google maps for long trips. Google will give you speed traps reported by waze on the highway but usually not around town

Waze is much, much quicker to re-route you if there is traffic or some incident up ahead, so I use it unless I'm a pedestrian. Then I'll use Google Maps.

Reaction Score
I'd want a '66 for birth year reasons. Besides, I was brought home from the hospital in a '66 Mustang. Was always bummed my parents didn't have future-vision to mothball it and save it for me.

Honestly, if I get a classic car at some point, I'm driving it. So I don't want anything too rare or valuable. I am very partial to '68 Cougars. But I'd enjoy almost any old muscle car, especially convertible.

My neighbor has one of these and it sits in his garage, only driven briefly on sunny days. I don't see the point.

He probably just rubs it with a diaper.

Reaction Score
My daughter landed her dream job and moved from CT to Louisville . Two weeks later her car was stolen. Welcome to Kentucky.

The police found it during a traffic stop at 4AM , still had the CT plates, 's. The occupants fled, but were later found because they left some mail in the car. x2.

The car was a little beat up, wreaked of cigarette smoke, and there was a stolen hand gun in the glove box.
criminal masterminds.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even as to places for which I've never actually requested directions? I'm not sure I asking my question in alignment with what I'm trying to learn.

This is a bit of a primer.

What Map Apps Track (And How To Get Them To Stop) | The Zebra

Say you stop at a store. Waze knows you have stopped moving for a period of time and can bounce that against known locations- ie you have stopped at Stop and Shop for 45 minutes.

And it's not just your phone. Cops use this for drug houses when they see multiple mobile devices stopping at the same house for 10-15 minutes or other things like that.

Short story long, if you have the time and money someone can extrapolate a ton of info off the cell phone and the apps on it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is a bit of a primer.

What Map Apps Track (And How To Get Them To Stop) | The Zebra

Say you stop at a store. Waze knows you have stopped moving for a period of time and can bounce that against known locations- ie you have stopped at Stop and Shop for 45 minutes.

And it's not just your phone. Cops use this for drug houses when they see multiple mobile devices stopping at the same house for 10-15 minutes or other things like that.

Short story long, if you have the time and money someone can extrapolate a ton of info off the cell phone and the apps on it.

Sure. After the fact. With a warrant. Carpenter v. United States - SCOTUSblog Law enforcement doesn't have real time access to that data. But everyone who carries a phone, or a smart watch is voluntarily being tracked. Hell most cars do this now. Then if you pay electronically, that is tracked and recorded as well.

You could get that 1967 Mustang, and live with no phone, while paying with cash and you'd be off the grid for the most part ( except traffic cams, CCTV cams).

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sure. After the fact. With a warrant. Carpenter v. United States - SCOTUSblog Law enforcement doesn't have real time access to that data. But everyone who carries a phone, or a smart watch is voluntarily being tracked. Hell most cars do this now. Then if you pay electronically, that is tracked and recorded as well.

You could get that 1967 Mustang, and live with no phone, while paying with cash and you'd be off the grid for the most part ( except traffic cams, CCTV cams).
1630074660718.png

Reaction Score

Your daughter keeps a stolen gun in the glovebox?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom