Must read LOU article, especially for those BY's who contend she's soft | The Boneyard

Must read LOU article, especially for those BY's who contend she's soft

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'll admit I don't read every post on the BY, but I don't recall seeing anyone ever say she was soft.

Anyway great article. Even tho she was only here one year, I suspect she will be a fan favorite for many years to come. She made more of an impact in 1 year than many players have done in 4 years at UCONN. She will be missed. Hopefully she (and Dorka) kill it in the pros!!

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Thanks much for the post @Lynx23. Lou has been my all-time favorite UConn player and this article sums it up why I like her and her game so much. Even if you're not much of a Lou fan, read this article. It's a blueprint for what it takes to be a great team basketball player with just the right amount of toughness.

Reaction Score
I'll admit I don't read every post on the BY, but I don't recall seeing anyone ever say she was soft.

Anyway great article. Even tho she was only here one year, I suspect she will be a fan favorite for many years to come. She made more of an impact in 1 year than many players have done in 4 years at UCONN. She will be missed. Hopefully she (and Dorka) kill it in the pros!!
Was a few post forgot who post them said she doesn’t handle contact well .. flops and play soft at times and can’t see her playing at the next level where there will be more contact

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Was a few post forgot who post them said she doesn’t handle contact well .. flops and play soft at times and can’t see her playing at the next level where there will be more contact
We have many very knowledgeable basketball fans on the BY, as well as a number of people who don’t have a clue, which would include anyone who suggests Lou is soft.

At the next level, Lou will have the benefit of playing with the most talented WBB players in the world, all of whom can score. That spreads the floor, opening up more space for a player like Lou, who can get to her spot and score from anywhere.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Throughout all the turmoil this team has been through, I think one of the best things I will remember about Lou was her smile. She is so humble, and she thinks the University has given her more than she has given the University. I beg to differ, as she was not only a great player that held the team together this year, but also a great person. Lou is everything this school stands for, and she will be missed by everyone associated with the program. I know I will, and although she was only here one year, she will be the favorite player of many BYers. Love this girl and I hope I will see her in the WNBA next year.

Reaction Score
Take note of what her teammates have to say near the end of the article......

A great article! Especially the + ++ comments from her teammates. The
'Coming back' from the sidelines (knee injury in the first half) to
start a comeback; remined me of Lou's coming back in the Second
Half in the Fairfield vs Texas game in the previous NCAA tournament.
Lou took stiches in the mouth that game ( some 'incidental' contact
with EBO was Ebo was playing with Texas ) and Lou returned to the court in
the third quarter to spur ANOTHER comeback ( like on Saturday ).. Texas wore Fairfield
down, but Vic Schaefer of Texas commented about Lou at the time.
Some players are special.... Lou is one of them!! GO Lou!1

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We have many very knowledgeable basketball fans on the BY, as well as a number of people who don’t have a clue, which would include anyone who suggests Lou is soft.

At the next level, Lou will have the benefit of playing with the most talented WBB players in the world, all of whom can score. That spreads the floor, opening up more space for a player like Lou, who can get to her spot and score from anywhere.
Like EricLA, I don't recall reading any comments suggesting Lou is soft. That doesn't mean that none were posted, just that I didn't see any. Lou was was one of the two UConn players (Aaliyah Edwards) that were available and played every game this season. Thank goodness for Lou.

This season would have been a lot more memorable if she had not been part of the team. She NEVER backed down or disappeared during the season. That does not suggest being soft to me.

We know Lou was injured and played hurt several times throughout the season. Anyone suggesting Lou is soft was not following the team closely this year. Lou is as tough as they come, and passed the eye test every time I watched her play. She has my respect and admiration. Believe me, I know soft when I see it. Lou IS NOT soft.
Thank you Lou. You were wonderful. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like the original Lou (Katie Lou), Lou Lopez Senechal is much tougher than she looks. In fact, she's downright Badass! Merci beaucoup!
Agree, She has been a blessing for uconn. No one expected her to have the impact she had on our team. And i disagree with anyone ever saying she was soft. She proved to be one of the toughest players on our team . I love Lou she is such a wonderful young lady. I wish her the best and a great career in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Like EricLA, I don't recall reading any comments suggesting Lou is soft. That doesn't mean that none were posted, just that I didn't see any. Lou was was one of the two UConn players (Aaliyah Edwards) that were available and played every game this season. Thank goodness for Lou.

This season would have been a lot more memorable if she had not been part of the team. She NEVER backed down or disappeared during the season. That does not suggest being soft to me.

We know Lou was injured and played hurt several times throughout the season. Anyone suggesting Lou is soft was not following the team closely this year. Lou is as tough as they come, and passed the eye test every time I watched her play. She has my respect and admiration. Believe me, I know soft when I see it. Lou IS NOT soft.
Thank you Lou. You were wonderful. :)
If oldude said it you can take it to the bank

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom