Music thread: how do they do it? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Music thread: how do they do it?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
crisscross!
'Whiskey Morning is a five piece country band.....'

im not sure if this is good, or highly troubling. mebbe if they didn't show the video part i'd know what to think. mebbe. mebbe not.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well, at the risk of pushing the thread way sideways....
A Canadian family band called 'Leahy':

And fiddle legend Vassar Clements with a "Whos Who" of fiddle players:

Orange Blossom Special

Natalie MacMaster is married to Donell Leahy. They have three kids who all play the fiddle. Look for a show from The Count Basie Theater and see the talented family.

Reaction Score
Natalie MacMaster is married to Donell Leahy. They have three kids who all play the fiddle. Look for a show from The Count Basie Theater and see the talented family.
I was attending a tech school in Saskatchewan for CASE farm equipment in the mid 90s and saw a Leahy concert special on Canadian PBS.
I was blown away by their talent. Amazing musicians...
Typing 'Leahy' in the YouTube search bar will yield a bunch of Cape Breton fiddle results.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Durn, I was hoping to see dueling fiddles — Cape Breton vs bluegrass.
powdered wigs and harpsichord crowd riffing ozzie?
now, that's playing against type.

(im starting to feel like the only one here trying their best to color within the lines. where's the thread police when u need them? lol.)

Reaction Score

Been on a Dan Hicks nostalgia run, so one more. This however has Hot Lick, Maryann Price, handling the vocals, and superbly, I might add.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
In the summer of 1969, Santana was a pretty unknown group from the west coast. Then they ventured east to Woodstock and performed, amongst others, this:

I was just a kid, so I didn't "get" Santana for several years. But those first three albums and the Woodstock performance -- they were something entirely new and filled with great music and great musicianship. I'll sometimes listen to the first three in succession on a long run.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was just a kid, so I didn't "get" Santana for several years. But those first three albums and the Woodstock performance -- they were something entirely new and filled with great music and great musicianship. I'll sometimes listen to the first three in succession on a long run.
Here is Carlos with a pretty fair fiddler of sorts.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Wow. Just...wow. Hours of amazing music performances and an incomprehensibly exquisite ventriloquist/singer/comic. (12 years old!!! Self-taught!!! O.M.G.!!!)

Many, many, many thanks to everyone who has posted.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Who- Underture - a beautiful, stirring, impressive, piece of music:

I was 8 when my older siblings got Tommy. I couldn’t get over this piece then, and I still can’t. I have a friend who’s a drummer in a band of some local repute, and I played this for him— he’d never realized that Moon played the tympani.

Reaction Score
If you haven't seen this before you're in for quite a surprise. If you have, you can enjoy it again. I recommend you watch it through to the end regardless of your personal musical preferences. This performance has been watched over 200 million times.

Reaction Score
And then going in the opposite direction, there's this:

Reaction Score
Since I'm on a roll, allow me one more. If you haven't seen this you'll love it.

(This clip starts at the 1:47 mark. If you want to see the prelim watch it again from the beginning.}

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom