MSGRET Prognosticator's Predictions Game 1 UMA-Lowell vs UConn [merged thread] | The Boneyard

MSGRET Prognosticator's Predictions Game 1 UMA-Lowell vs UConn [merged thread]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
MSGRET PROLOG

Since there has already been a thread starting to get predictions I'm posting the contest a day earlier than planned. For those of you that are new to the Boneyard there is a regular season contest where you predict the final score of each game and everyone that meets the scoring criteria wins points. At the end of the season there is Regular season winner and everyone that scores any points will be entered into the Tournament Prognosticator's contest. This game is not going to be an easy one to predict UMA-L's coach is of course married to Shea, so I don't see Geno playing the starters as much as he would when playing the Big East teams. At the max I see no one playing more than 25 minutes. With that being said my first game prognostication of the final score will be UConn 120 - UMA-L 42. The attached file is the scoring criteria for the contest. Good Luck to everyone that enters.

MSGRET

https://the-boneyard.com/attachments/prognosticators-scoring-criteria-pdf.62192/

EricLA prediction post:

No idea how high the final score will be - I doubt that UCONN spends a lot of time on the full court press, but UCONN likes to play fast. Not sure if UMASS Lowell likes to play fast. I could see UCONN scoring over 120 given that BC beat Lowell by a score of 88-38 or so.

Shea's husband, Tom Garrick, is the HC of the River Hawks.

UCONN 110
UMASS Lowell 32

Last edited by a moderator:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UConn 60, Lowell 28

The non-starting 5/6 will score 48 making the final 108-28...:p

Reaction Score
88- 38. How do they score when we press even for only periods of time? They don't.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure what to expect. Several starts and stops to the season before a game was ever played and 7 Huskies making their debut in a UConn uniform.

UConn 96 - UMass-Lowell 45

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
UConn has months of pent up adrenaline to dump. I expect super-high-energy, but kinda ugly start for UConn, especially on offense. With this late start, I'm guessing Geno will try to establish the chemistry of the starting unit rather than spreading the minutes around a lot. Even so, Paige, Aliyah and Nika will play significant minutes.

108-37 Huskies

Reaction Score
First game jitters and still working out how to play together. It will be fun to see what combinations of players are going to be effective. Defense should be stifling against an overmatched opponent.

I think given it's the first game point production will be off just a tad. I figure 95-40.

Reaction Score
I would like to predict: laughing as I type this, UConn 106 ( the shooters light it up ), and UMass (River Hawks?) 48. UConn needs work on defense. Geno will be bitchin about people making stupid mistakes; bad passes, and getting lax on defense.

AgStatesman

The Boards Most Rational Poster
Reaction Score
Upsets by America East schools are not out of the norm. The only 16 to ever beat a 1 was UMBC over Virginia in the men's tournament a couple years ago. The schools in the AE are excellent academically and those players are all true student athletes. UMass Lowell is fairly new to Div 1 and still building. It's going to be hard for UConn to not score 100 even if they aren't trying to.

UConn - 110
Lowell - 27

Reaction Score
I know Geno doesn't really want to run up the score and he won't press except for a short while in the first half, just to check to see how the players understand their assignments in the press. He will play everyone and the second string will outscore the starters as they feel they have something to prove. So, second string won't help keep the score down. UConn 106 - 38

Reaction Score
Upsets by America East schools are not out of the norm. The only 16 to ever beat a 1 was UMBC over Virginia in the men's tournament a couple years ago. The schools in the AE are excellent academically and those players are all true student athletes. UMass Lowell is fairly new to Div 1 and still building. It's going to be hard for UConn to not score 100 even if they aren't trying to.

UConn - 110
Lowell - 27
Who beat Stanford as a 1 seed when Tara was working with the Olympic team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul