movie trailer thread? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dr. Strange took in around $185 mil. at the box office this weekend, so I guess Marvel is laughing all the way to the bank even if the movie isn't very good. 2nd place this weekend was $9.7 mil. That's gotta be one of the biggest disparities between 1st and 2nd place ever. #3 Sonic the Hedgehog sequel is at $169 mil. total in 5 weeks. Dr. Strange rocketed past that in a weekend. I haven't been checking every weekend, but it seems like box office totals are still fairly down compared to pre-covid era, except for when Marvel rolls something out.

Reaction Score
The Lost City. No treasures were found, not too many adventures were shown. You will be very disappointed if you think this is a treasure hunting movie like Uncharted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Lost City. No treasures were found, not too many adventures were shown. You will be very disappointed if you think this is a treasure hunting movie like Uncharted.

Romancing the Stone was fun. Bullock and Pitt are decent comedic actors. Could be entertaining, even if this landscape has been thoroughly mined..

Reaction Score
Romancing the Stone was fun. Bullock and Pitt are decent comedic actors. Could be entertaining, even if this landscape has been thoroughly mined..
If you watch this movie as a romance comedy I think it is OK. Bullock is a really good actress.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The last Spider-Man was a huge hit at the box office, but I thought it was way overhyped. Eternals was meh. Marvel needs to get their act together, the post Avengers finale era is not off to a great start.

Eternals sucked. The last Spider Man was pretty entertaining but generally I think Zoomers don’t know what great is an Covid destroyed what little taste they had.

Reaction Score
James Cameron's Avatar sequel is finally here! Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldaña are back and this time they must team up with the army of the Na'vi race to protect the planet of Pandora. Plus, Michelle Yeoh joins the action! Watch "Avatar: The Way of Water" coming to theaters in December.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
James Cameron's Avatar sequel is finally here!
I was just talking to someone about this. Can't believe it took this long. Seems like he's been working on it since shortly after the original was released. I had to look it up, 2009, seems like it's been even longer than that.

Reaction Score
James Cameron's Avatar sequel is finally here! Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldaña are back and this time they must team up with the army of the Na'vi race to protect the planet of Pandora. Plus, Michelle Yeoh joins the action! Watch "Avatar: The Way of Water" coming to theaters in December.

I wish we would just nuke that planet.

Reaction Score
Not a trailer for Top Gun, but if you are kid of the ‘80s and you watched Top Gun on VHS then you saw this incredibly terrible Diet Pepsi commercial. When we were kids we loved it. Now I kind of cringe.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This movie is getting great reviews

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This movie is getting great reviews

Looks like something that's either going to be terrific or something where you'd have to wait for home release so you can liberally use the pause and rewind buttons.

Edit: wow, that's Jamie Lee Curtis as the old lady in the yellow sweater. And she appears to be doing a Dan Hedaya impersonation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like something that's either going to be terrific or something where you'd have to wait for home release so you can liberally use the pause and rewind buttons.

Edit: wow, that's Jamie Lee Curtis as the old lady in the yellow sweater. And she appears to be doing a Dan Hedaya impersonation.
Yeah, I recognized her, but not at first glance.

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Might be a tough watch. Getting good reviews. I like Haley Lu Richardson.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Coming soon to Hulu. I recognized it immediately as a remake of a French movie from probably 15 years ago or so. I'm not sold on the lead actor, but I like Samara Weaving and Max Greenfield. The original was quite charming, hopefully they don't screw it up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
George Miller returns. It's not Aladdin, a bit of a different take on the genie in a bottle tale.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Teaser for something new in the Predator franchise coming to Hulu.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Getting way out of ahead on this one. Doesn't release until July '23.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another Thor trailer. Gotta admit, this one has me really intrigued.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is a excellent book by Adam Makos. The trailer looks pretty good as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is a excellent book by Adam Makos. The trailer looks pretty good as well.

Looks intense!

I like Glen Powell. Seems like he's not all that well known, but he's in the new Top Gun about to hit theaters so that might change. Back to back movies as a hot shot pilot, odd coincidence.

Reaction Score
Looks intense!

I like Glen Powell. Seems like he's not all that well known, but he's in the new Top Gun about to hit theaters so that might change. Back to back movies as a hot shot pilot, odd coincidence.

I think he also played John Glenn in Hidden Figures.

I predict many of the Top Gun actors will have big futures.

Powell nailed his role. Pullman just had a big role on Outer Range. Teller is already a big name. Plus that Jennifer Connelly had potential.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Powell nailed his role. Pullman just had a big role on Outer Range. Teller is already a big name. Plus that Jennifer Connelly had potential.
Jon Hamm has no future in movies or tv though. :rolleyes:

The role that really made me a fan of Powell was in "Everybody Wants Some" as a wise cracking baseball player. He just nailed that one. Seems like that movie slipped through the cracks, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
Jon Hamm has no future in movies or tv though. :rolleyes:

The role that really made me a fan of Powell was in "Everybody Wants Some" as a wise cracking baseball player. He just nailed that one. Seems like that movie slipped through the cracks, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Well obviously he is already huge and well established. Connelly was just meant to be sarcastic. I thought Hamm did a great job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom