movie trailer thread? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For Karen Gillan fans, 2 for the price of 1 here. Looks kinda odd. From the director of "The Art of Self Defense," which was also strange but I enjoyed it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seems strange we are finally getting a trailer for the next Thor movie, hitting theaters in July. Kinda digging the GNR song being played. Also glad it looks like they are getting rid of fat Thor. That seemed so stupid to me. He's a god. His metabolism is probably a little different than us earthlings, doesn't matter how much beer he drank, shouldn't have gotten portly like that. Were there ever any other fat Asgardians in any of the Marvel movies? I don't think there were.

edit--also kinda looking like a de facto Guardians of the Galaxy movie; and rumors of a female Thor appear to be true as well

Reaction Score
Seems strange we are finally getting a trailer for the next Thor movie, hitting theaters in July. Kinda digging the GNR song being played. Also glad it looks like they are getting rid of fat Thor. That seemed so stupid to me. He's a god. His metabolism is probably a little different than us earthlings, doesn't matter how much beer he drank, shouldn't have gotten portly like that. Were there ever any other fat Asgardians in any of the Marvel movies? I don't think there were.

edit--also kinda looking like a de facto Guardians of the Galaxy movie; and rumors of a female Thor appear to be true as well

Did you see who the actress was for the girl Thor?

I love this director. Ragnarok was my favorite Marvel movie.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did you see who the actress was for the girl Thor?
The rumors for several years had been that Natalie Portman would be the new Thor. I thought "That can't be her"...but apparently it is. Is that CGI, or did her arms really get that big?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I love this director. Ragnarok was my favorite Marvel movie.
I didn't love it as much as most do, but I give him big props for writing and directing Jojo Rabbit.

Reaction Score
I didn't love it as much as most do, but I give him big props for writing and directing Jojo Rabbit.

Yeah, I didn't care for Jojo Rabbit. He was also the villain in Free Guy.

Reaction Score
The rumors for several years had been that Natalie Portman would be the new Thor. I thought "That can't be her"...but apparently it is. Is that CGI, or did her arms really get that big?

They probably gave her a personal trainer like all the Marvel Actors got. What's his name from Silicon Valley said it took crazy amounts of work, like working out was a full time job to get him to look Marvel fit for Eternals.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was gonna give him more credit for that, but he was only an actor in it. Didn't write, direct or produce. I did love Free Guy though.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They probably gave her a personal trainer like all the Marvel Actors got. What's his name from Silicon Valley said it took crazy amounts of work, like working out was a full time job to get him to look Marvel fit for Eternals.
We've seen plenty of actors get totally buffed up for one role, then have it all disappear. Plenty of actresses get really lean and cut, but I can't recall seeing an actress get seriously muscled up like this before. No doubt there is a whole industry in Hollywood that exists for exactly this purpose.

In Eternals, are you talking about Kumail Nanijani? Poor guy went thru all that hard work, then barely got to show it off.

Reaction Score
We've seen plenty of actors get totally buffed up for one role, then have it all disappear. Plenty of actresses get really lean and cut, but I can't recall seeing an actress get seriously muscled up like this before. No doubt there is a whole industry in Hollywood that exists for exactly this purpose.

In Eternals, are you talking about Kumail Nanijani? Poor guy went thru all that hard work, then barely got to show it off.

Yeah.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm pretty much in for anything as soon as I see Florence Pugh. This looks like a mind trip. Interesting that Chris Pine is nowhere near top billing for this. Fangirls will be fangirling over Harry Styles, that's a meh from me. But it does also feature Olivia Wilde and Gemma Chan, so at least it has that going for it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For Karen Gillan fans, 2 for the price of 1 here. Looks kinda odd. From the director of "The Art of Self Defense," which was also strange but I enjoyed it.

She posted about this on Instagram. Thanks for sharing. It looks pretty interesting to me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You guys may want to check out "Our Flag Means Death" on HBOMax. Not a movie, but here is the trailer to stay with the thread.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My daughter is home from college and apparently we are going to the movies to see this. It looks entertaining.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My daughter is home from college and apparently we are going to the movies to see this. It looks entertaining.

I actually want to see this. It seems like the perfect Nic Cage movie.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance in hell that it's even close to as good as those first several seasons of GOT?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is opening this weekend. If nothing else, just the scenery will probably blow you away. Bradford Washburn is an absolute legend when it comes to Alaskan mountaineering and his aerial photographs has fueled the dreams and schemes of generations of alpinists.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I might've missed it, but I can't find a trailer for the new Dr. Strange movie. In theaters now. I didn't realize until recently that Sam Raimi is the director. To me his Spider Man films really began the modern era of superhero movies.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is there any chance in hell that it's even close to as good as those first several seasons of GOT?

I didn't notice her in the trailer, but Olivia Cooke is in it. That's a big plus.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought I heard a familiar voice in a Dr. Strange trailer just now. Confirmed on IMDB. Another surprising character shows up in the cast list. You can get some pretty big spoilers just by looking at cast lists. Let's just say Marvel has some big plans to incorporate some of their other properties in the MCU it looks like.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dr. Strange was really meh.
The last Spider-Man was a huge hit at the box office, but I thought it was way overhyped. Eternals was meh. Marvel needs to get their act together, the post Avengers finale era is not off to a great start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom