movie trailer thread? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Haven't bothered looking at trailers for a while, since movies might not ever be released in theaters again. Sigh. Stumbled onto this. Looks fairly different. Evan Rachel Wood and Richard Jenkins, that's certainly something to work with.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Branagh's follow up to Murder on the Orient Express. Poirot at it again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
New trailer for the latest Bond flick. This looks somewhat interesting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Here we go with another attempt at bringing Dune to the big screen. Hell of a cast list in this one. Unfortunately there's something about Timothee Chalamet that kinda bugs me.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Trailer #2 for Free Guy. Maybe gives too much away. But you have Ryan Reynolds doing his thing, and Jodie Comer, so at least it has that going for it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
An original movie from Disney? Not a sequel, prequel, franchise, live action remake, etc. etc.

huh...Kelly Marie Tran, much hated by the Star Wars fanboys, voices the title character

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
An original movie from Disney? Not a sequel, prequel, franchise, live action remake, etc. etc.

huh...Kelly Marie Tran, much hated by the Star Wars fanboys, voices the title character

Looks like a cross between Tomb Raider and the Avatar Nickelodeon series.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Here we go with another attempt at bringing Dune to the big screen. Hell of a cast list in this one. Unfortunately there's something about Timothee Chalamet that kinda bugs me.

Dune is such a tough work to adapt to the big screen, as can be seen from the prior attempts, but this one actually looks pretty good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Too soon? Yep, way way way too soon. Hollywood hasn't met anything yet they wouldn't try to cash in on .

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There's a bit of a Denzel stock character, but he's so good at it that nobody seems to mind. A few other acclaimed actors alongside him for this one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The throwdown of the year! I skipped the last Godzilla flick, and Skull Island wasn't very good, but who doesn't want to see Kong and 'Zilla brawlin'? Pretty decent human cast as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The throwdown of the year! I skipped the last Godzilla flick, and Skull Island wasn't very good, but who doesn't want to see Kong and 'Zilla brawlin'? Pretty decent human cast as well.

This is must watch for us. My wife is a Godzilla movie nut. She has all of them.

The problem with these Godzilla vs King Kong movies is that they make Godzilla the bad guy. Godzilla is the good guy! 2014 Godzilla was really well done. Godzilla King of the Monsters in 2019 was just decent. Skull Island was dumb fun despite the irrationally stupidity of the Samuel Jackson character.

Reaction Score
I'll watch it. Enjoy it Forget it. These movies are like fudge. Packed with sugar. Really enjoyable. Ultimately worthless. Need to be taken in small doses. If you have to much you get sick.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So there have been a few movies that have dealt w/ the Peter Pan legend that somewhat focused more on Captain Hook. And of course there have been 2 films about Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty). Now Disney is bringing us this. I think I see where they're going, retelling all their stories but shifting the point of view to the villain. I do like Emma Stone, she might be able to carry this off. The Marvel part of Disney might be feeling a bit jealous/threatened, because they appear to be borrowing fairly liberally from The Joker and Harley Quinn.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Branagh's follow up to Murder on the Orient Express. Poirot at it again.

I have to say, when I posted this, I had no idea who Emma Mackey is. I do now, and I'm kinda obsessed with her. Can she outshine Gal Gadot? Maybe...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This started out looking like a thriller, then maybe shifted a bit horror-ish. I hope not, really not my genre. But Thomasin McKenzie AND Anya Taylor-Joy? That might be too much awesomeness in one movie.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Thomasin again, in M. Night's latest. Also kinda horror-ish.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe? Prime original coming out in July. Looks entertaining, but here we have yet again a tiny woman beating the hell out of a bunch of men twice her size. Kate Beckinsale has done that before, but last time she was a vampire. Now she's supercharged, w/ anger management issues?

edit--Kate is looking like one of those ageless wonders; I had to look her up, born in '73, she could still pass for 30 something

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thomasin again, in M. Night's latest. Also kinda horror-ish.

Just saw trailer for first time last night and thought wtf... seeing it again here makes a bit more sense. I'd watch it... but unlikely to pay for it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

I had to look up the cast list. Nora Arnezeder is a chameleon, she never looks the same twice. I just saw her in something else and I didn't recognize her at all in this trailer.

Reaction Score
Dune is such a tough work to adapt to the big screen, as can be seen from the prior attempts, but this one actually looks pretty good.

I can’t wait. I’ve been listening to the prequels, House Atreides, Harkonnen and Corrino.

I thought I knew a bit about Dune, but the more I learn the more I realize that other sci fi franchises have been ripping it off for years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This looks incredibly stupid, but potentially a ton of fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom