Move Over Kaleena, There's A New Sniper In Town... | The Boneyard

Move Over Kaleena, There's A New Sniper In Town...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
In addition to all the extraordinary aspects of Moriah's game, it seems like she rarely misses an open 3 these days. So I decided to visit the season stats and was pleasantly shocked to see that through 36 games, Moriah is now tied with Kaleena for 1st place on 3 pt. accuracy at .431!

What a complete weapon!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In addition to all the extraordinary aspects of Moriah's game, it seems like she rarely misses an open 3 these days. So I decided to visit the season stats and was pleasantly shocked to see that through 36 games, Moriah is now tied with Kaleena for 1st place on 3 pt. accuracy at .431!

What a complete weapon!
And as per the other thread Moriah has been shooting 3s at over 65% (19 for 29) since Feb. 1st.

Last edited:

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
And as per the other thread Moriah has been shooting 3s at over 65% since Feb. 1st.
Didn't see the other thread, but the funny part about your mention of the 65% figure, was that I was thinking it seemed as though 70-80% of her launches were going in - quickly decided that would be ridiculous and why don't I go check it out of curiosity...LOL.

She's 31 for 72 through 36 games!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
From my perspective Ms. Moriah is the reason we have stopped pining over Kelly's absence.
Team defense is at a high level.
Bria is completely adjusted to her new role at 2
Moriah's multi-skilled basketball vocabulary causes havoc on both sides of the court.
And the newfound confidence in her outside shot is the final nail in the realized potential
that her dad saw starting in Junior High School

Reaction Score
I am glad to see a number of our players hitting the three. Excellent job Moriah! KML is second on the team with the number of 3's. She has made I believe it is 59 this season. Bria leads the team with 75.

But let me just point out a few things. KML is second 16 behind Bria and has missed 12 games this season. Could you imagine where KML would be right now if she did not miss those 12 games? She is averaging close to 2.5 a game. That would be an extra 29.5 or either 29 or 30 three point baskets... What a truly special player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Moriah is the "Russell Westbrook" of WCBB

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am glad to see a number of our players hitting the three. Excellent job Moriah! KML is second on the team with the number of 3's. She has made I believe it is 59 this season. Bria leads the team with 75.

But let me just point out a few things. KML is second 16 behind Bria and has missed 12 games this season. Could you imagine where KML would be right now if she did not miss those 12 games? She is averaging close to 2.5 a game. That would be an extra 29.5 or either 29 or 30 three point baskets... What a truly special player.
What is amazing is that that pace is still about 30 behind last season's pace.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Moriah is the "Russell Westbrook" of WCBB

Kevin Durant would love it if Westbrook was the Moriah Jefferson of MBB. And since Stewie is the Kevin Durant of WCBB, that works out VERY well for UConn.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bria is completely adjusted to her new role at 2
New, ha!

A few of us pointed out last year (and probably before that), that Hartley is a natural 2. Unfortunately she was straddled with playing more of a 1/2 the past couple years. Jefferson's year has freed Hartley up to come home to her natural position. And it shows.

Reaction Score
MoJett is kicking down the door, but as we all saw last game KML will not be moving over!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Kevin Durant would love it if Westbrook was the Moriah Jefferson of MBB. And since Stewie is the Kevin Durant of WCBB, that works out VERY well for UConn.

Could you imagine Stewie and Moriah teaming up with Maya?

Wow, just drooling thinking about it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
New, ha!

A few of us pointed out last year (and probably before that), that Hartley is a natural 2. Unfortunately she was straddled with playing more of a 1/2 the past couple years. Jefferson's year has freed Hartley up to come home to her natural position. And it shows.

You are absolutely correct Meyers, it has been noted since her freshman year that Bria is a natural two.

But my (this year's theory) of what makes fitting in to UConn's offense so difficult is finding and being comfortable with your (assigned?) or perceived role.

You may recall that Bria sort of disappeared during games earlier in the season…perhaps not whole games but major segments.
Take a look at the early games, it's quite noticeable.

I recall the game at Springfield (which I attended). She wound up with good stats but was also invisible at times.
I attribute that to her becoming comfortable with her new role as not primary ball handler.

Think all of the freshman last year; perhaps Morgan the least, Saniya at present…And I think it is more than just being a first-year player.

In any case, it's completely sorted for the starting five, to the dismay of our future opponents. Perhaps the most perfect balance I've eve seen in a team since the Knicks of 73.

I keep saying it, what balance, what a juggernaut.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The thing with Uconn and PG is that the offensive system is never that cut and dried - while this year Moriah is clearly more point than 2 and Bria is more 2 than PG - they both have over 150 assists at better than 2.0 A/TO and Bria initiates the offense almost as often as Moriah does. And add in Stef and Breanna both with 100+ assists and miss triple double herself averaging basically 3 assists a game (she would likely have 100+ as well without the missed time) and you see an incredibly dynamic offense with roles more broadly defined and varied than strict 1-5 positions.

Reaction Score
Fun to Watch...........Loaded for bear and ready for BYU..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom