Mountain Time Sucks - The Unofficial Boise State Game Thread | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Mountain Time Sucks - The Unofficial Boise State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BSU has their third string QB playing and we still have Pindell in the game. So how are second string players suppose to get game experience? They might surprise some people.

Because then the coach has an excuse for losing next year.
We have a QB with no experience what do you expect?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I know I said I was going to bed, but we won the other football game 1-0. Yay!

Attachments

• 22E21569-37D3-4490-8483-000B194D7647.jpeg
    22E21569-37D3-4490-8483-000B194D7647.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 34

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Please please please let THAT be rock bottom.

The only way it gets worse is if we lose to URI, and I have to believe we find a way to beat the 4th best team in the CAA.

Unless there’s a hurricane. Then who knows...

Reaction Score
The only way it gets worse is if we lose to URI, and I have to believe we find a way to beat the 4th best team in the CAA.

Unless there’s a hurricane. Then who knows...
URI should be favored.

Reaction Score
The question is how can a crap school in the middle of nowhere get quality players and we can’t find a handful that know how to even tackle.

Are you talking about storrs?

Reaction Score
It's odd... these people in Boise got this up for UConn

I get that it's Boise but don't people have to catch up on MasterChef or something?

Will assume you haven’t been to Boise

Hartford...New England’s rising star

Reaction Score
Guys.
R E L A X

These are freshmen and sophomores out there. In the game of football if you’re playing teams that are littered with veterans, this will be the result.
Those guys looked like grown men and they played with an edge- partly because they knew they could.
All of this is new to these kids. They probably looked like this as freshmen in high school- and probably weren’t starters playing against upper classmen. But most of these players did really well their senior year in high school and received honors.
So...They’re back to the drawing board only thing is they’re forced to play against upperclassmen. Most freshmen in college get the luxury of sitting on the bench and learning from there.
Just gotta be patient and wait for these kids to grow up.
Just check out Sundays. Do you see those teams running a bunch of rookies out there?
We’ll be much better in a year or two. Much much better.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Guys.
R E L A X

These are freshmen and sophomores out there. In the game of football if you’re playing teams that are littered with veterans, this will be the result.

You'd have more of a point if it looked like any of them had seen a football in their lives before tonight. There were no flashes, no bright spots to build off of, only a team running the worst recruiting class in the AAC out there and getting it handed to them play after play after play after play.

Reaction Score
You'd have more of a point if it looked like any of them had seen a football in their lives before tonight. There were no flashes, no bright spots to build off of, only a team running the worst recruiting class in the AAC out there and getting it handed to them play after play after play after play.
There are no veterans out there to help any youngster show flashes. Football is a complimentary sport. When you have a good, veteran line, it helps the second and third level. When you have good veteran linebackers, it helps to mask mistakes by the line and protects the DB’s. When you have veteran DB’s it helps protect the mistakes from the 1st and 2nd levels. Problem is, they’re all young. So they’re all losing their one on one matchups because they’re outsized, out muscled and out experienced. That’s why it looks like that.
Put a veteran line out there and maybe the QB gets hurried into a mistake that a young LB like Jones can show a flash and make a play....Or maybe a DB like Carrol can be more aggressive and jump a route because he knows the QB doesn’t have five seconds to pick him apart.
They played two teams that were bigger, stronger and faster.
Not sure what flash you’d like to see right now.
Not to mention mentally these kids aren’t quite sure of themselves yet and have not one true veteran to look to for confidence. So right now, they’re learning while getting their butts whooped. Great thing is when they’re juniors, they will have game experience under their belt to go along with their increased measurables.
Just gotta be patient.
This is a physical sport. Age and strength matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom