OT: - Most obscure pet you (or someone close to you) has had in their house | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Most obscure pet you (or someone close to you) has had in their house

Reaction Score
Did you like the Bolton vet? I just moved a few weeks ago and am considering bringing my cat and dog there.
I liked it very much. Due to my now ex who was always bringing home strays we had five diogs and three cats at one time. The last time I was there was 2013 but they treated feline leukemia as well as a knee surgery for my rottie. There is always a competent vet on staff unlike the single vet we went to before.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I had a 4ft Ball Python about 20 years ago. It got out and almost went into my walls. I got rid of it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A de-scented skunk. Top that.

A not de-scented skunk?

My cat has befriended a skunk. They chase each other around the yard, and both eat from the food bowl I leave on the back porch. I draw the line at letting the skunk Into the house, and if my cat is ever sprayed, he won't be let in any time soon.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
My cousin had a chinchilla when we were younger. It was soft, but other than that I never understood why someone would want one. They literally do nothing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A not de-scented skunk?

My cat has befriended a skunk. They chase each other around the yard, and both eat from the food bowl I leave on the back porch. I draw the line at letting the skunk Into the house, and if my cat is ever sprayed, he won't be let in any time soon.
On my wedding night my wife and I were home packing for the trip to DR. We had our bags on the deck just before loading the car. When I went out to get them they were surrounded by four baby skunks.

I loaded the odorless luggage at 4 am instead.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Guy in my dorm had a monitor. I was excited to watch feeding time until I watched feeding time and decided I never really needed to see feeding time again...

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
when I was very young we had duck named Peter. We also had a rabbit with a floppy ear named Van Gogh

Reaction Score
I knew someone who had a Giant Snapping Turtle he kept it in the bathtub with the water about 3/4 full.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
My Aunt had a chimpanzee as a kid and she lived right in West Hartford. Turns out it bit one of the siblings so they had to get rid of it. This was in the 70's.

Reaction Score
Bolton vet is top notch

Good to know thanks! I haven't been to a doctor in at least 6 years (I know, I know.. haha), but I want my animals to have the best care possible.

The vets at Salmon Brook Vet in Granby saved my last dog. He turned out to be epileptic and had a seizure at maybe age 2 or 3. If they didn't have a real vet on call all the time he would've died. Got on some meds and he was good to go after emergency care. Totally forgot everything for a while though. He didn't know his name, any commands, manners... nothing. Which was rather difficult with a 95lb rottweiler!

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
My father came home with what we all thought was a kitten but it was really odd in many way and turns out it was a Cabot ( half cat, half rabbit) yup. He even called a professor from Uconn to come and take a look. He was the one that told us what we had & offered to purchase it from us. Very cool animal, soft rabbit fur, no claws or tail, had the front of a cat with the hind quarters of a rabbit. When it would walk the front legs walked normally while the rear would hop, now and then it would stumble over its front legs and skid on his chest. Fun to startle too, it would jump straight up 4-5 feet turn and run at fantastic speed. Thanks for bringing back some cool memories @McLovin
I also had a cousin who owned multiple piranhas, Friday night was feeding night.

Reaction Score
Good to know thanks! I haven't been to a doctor in at least 6 years (I know, I know.. haha), but I want my animals to have the best care possible.

The vets at Salmon Brook Vet in Granby saved my last dog. He turned out to be epileptic and had a seizure at maybe age 2 or 3. If they didn't have a real vet on call all the time he would've died. Got on some meds and he was good to go after emergency care. Totally forgot everything for a while though. He didn't know his name, any commands, manners... nothing. Which was rather difficult with a 95lb rottweiler!
Great thing about Bolton Vet is they have 24/7 Emergency.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
My father came home with what we all thought was a kitten but it was really odd in many way and turns out it was a Cabot ( half cat, half rabbit) yup. He even called a professor from Uconn to come and take a look. He was the one that told us what we had & offered to purchase it from us. Very cool animal, soft rabbit fur, no claws or tail, had the front of a cat with the hind quarters of a rabbit. When it would walk the front legs walked normally while the rear would hop, now and then it would stumble over its front legs and skid on his chest. Fun to startle too, it would jump straight up 4-5 feet turn and run at fantastic speed. Thanks for bringing back some cool memories @McLovin
I also had a cousin who owned multiple piranhas, Friday night was feeding night.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My son had hermit crabs ( they actually had different personalities) and in college he had an African cockroach. They are much bigger than the common roach and this one kind stayed in one place in an aerated box almost all day eating lettuce. My son is now a professor wildlife biology, endangered birds. Maybe some of them eat African roaches.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Surely you can't be serious.

Reaction Score
My friend had pet possums and raccoons growing up. Needless to say, her mother was a little out there

Reaction Score
Would have to say my brother's opossum that moved into his barn. It moved in as a wild animal of course, but after being around him so much it started following him around, then he started hand feeding it, then came the day you'd pull up to the house and he'd be holding an opossum.....

Reaction Score

Haven't seen one in a while, but back in the 70's you couldn't go into a bar out west without seeing a mounted jackalope head.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
i grew up with a kid who had a wallaby and numerous other animals as well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My Aunt had a chimpanzee as a kid and she lived right in West Hartford. Turns out it bit one of the siblings so they had to get rid of it. This was in the 70's.

She's the woman who's friend's face got ripped off?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom