OT: - Most obscure pet you (or someone close to you) has had in their house | The Boneyard

OT: Most obscure pet you (or someone close to you) has had in their house

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
My roommates and I had a pet alligator in college.

it was a chick magnet. Everyone wanted to see it. No one believed we had one.

Reaction Score
Credit to @Improviser and @8893 for the idea for this thread.

Deadly snakes? Tigers? Alligators? Monkeys?

I'm sure someone on here has a good story...
I knew somebody who had a non-deadly snake that somehow got out of its enclosure, never to be found again.

The wife was continually petrified while the snake was in the enclosure, and even more petrified after its disappearance, that it would come back and harass her.

She sternly warned her husband, now legally separated husband, never to get another snake.

He complied, but that was not the only problem in the marriage.

Reaction Score
My roommates and I had a pet alligator in college.

it was a chick magnet. Everyone wanted to see it. No one believed we had one.
what happened to it?

Reaction Score
The wife is constantly bringing stray animals in. Years ago we had a Grey Fox that she rescued. Most recently we had a baby Goat. She, the Goat, loves going for rides into town. She's outside now, but occasionally she will follow one of us into the house. Acts just like a dog for the most part.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
what happened to it?

Story related to the roommates thread.

we lived in a 4 junior year, couldn’t get another 4 senior year (landlord at current place jacked up the prices and cut utilities), so we all didn’t live together senior year. The whole group fell apart and my place became Sweden for the fighting.

one guy kept it after graduating.

not sure what he did.

Reaction Score
I have 2 tarantulas (I’ve had several). I’ve also had several snakes, a carnivorous frog, lizards, and other reptiles.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My brother had a lizard growing up. He’d feed that nasty thing live baby mice. It stunk and shed pooped all the time

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tried to put a picture on but says the file is too big

Reduce the picture’s size to reduce the size of file. This picture was originally 5 mb and not able to import. Reduced it to 1.2 mb and was able to import. BTW not a pet. Just cool.

IMG_1895.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't understand the appeal of snakes/lizards/spiders whatever. Or really any aimal that needs a cage. The best part of pet ownership for me is petting my dog and cat. Laying in the couch, sleeping under the covers, going to the park and for hikes.

Also, snakes suck. Scare the bejeezus out of me. Always have.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the appeal of snakes/lizards/spiders whatever. Or really any aimal that needs a cage. The best part of pet ownership for me is petting my dog and cat. Laying in the couch, sleeping under the covers, going to the park and for hikes.

Also, snakes suck. Scare the bejeezus out of me. Always have.
I used to go to the Bolton Vet when I had pets. I go in one day and this young woman had a pet rat on her shoulder. I will never understand that. I’m surprised none of the dogs attacked it and caused a mess in the waiting room.

Reaction Score
I used to go to the Bolton Vet when I had pets. I go in one day and this young woman had a pet rat on her shoulder. I will never understand that. I’m surprised none of the dogs attacked it and caused a mess in the waiting room.

Did you like the Bolton vet? I just moved a few weeks ago and am considering bringing my cat and dog there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom