Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score
Yeah, it sure does. Some people make judgments based on what they see on the field. Others still give weight to how players were rated, or projected by coaches, coming out of high school.
If he was at PSU and it didn't work out and wants to come here, then good. I think it would be great to have another QB here. That being said I think Tyler Phommachanh is the QB going forward

Reaction Score
I'm wrapping my head around how anyone can think bringing this kid wouldn't be a slam dunk for Mora and the UConn program going forward? I remember watching that Iowa game and thinking what a tough, tough position for this kid to be put in.

Look at how he handled the aftermath. Character, class, poise. Combine that with the fact he is more skilled than anyone on the squad at quarterback, I hope you decides to come here.

Reaction Score
Was just going to say we need a qb who can beat Central and UMASS. Posters upset a backup qb with limited reps struggled against a top ten team. A little bit of self awareness here.

Did you watch it?

Reaction Score
If he was at PSU and it didn't work out and wants to come here, then good. I think it would be great to have another QB here. That being said I think Tyler Phommachanh is the QB going forward

To be clear, I have no idea how good he is or may be and thus don't have an opinion. My point was only that Wisky had an opinion based on having seen him play in college. His opinion may prove to be right or wrong, but I don't understand how anyone who hasn't seen him play thinks he is in a position to disagree with him.

Reaction Score
The clip v. Iowa? I did. He did not look good.

He was offered by this staff - are you saying this new staff is a poor judge of talent? That would not bode well for next year and beyond.

It’s possible. But we also need depth at the position.

It will be pretty hard to attract a real QB to this place which has been historically terrible at the position.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
While the Boneyard worries about whether a guy who was good enough to play QB for Penn State (with or without bad games, I’ve watched Tom Brady have bad games) is good enough to compete for our job, I’ll be looking for OL transfers or JUCO. More than anything that’s what I’d like to see. DL would help as well. Have to do better at the line of scrimmage.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid was recruited by PSU, not Podunk State. He was/is the back-up QB for a high level P5 program.
He has to have some level of talent above UConn, UMass, Holy Cross, etc
If Mora didn't take him if the kid wanted UConn - I would be questioning his mental capacity
If the kid doesn't make it at QB for any reason I'm sure he could transition to another position

Reaction Score
If nothing else, based on Twitter follows, Mora and Charlton are communicating with QBs in the portal gauging interest. I've seen them linked to (at least these, maybe more) the following on Twitter:

Jacob Zeno
Tommy Devito
Harrison Bailey
Myles Brennan
Carter Bradley
Gunnar Holmberg
Navy Schuler
Ta'quan Roberson - offered
Bo Nix
And now Zach Calzada

As well as other lower level QBs that aren't worth the mention on 247s tracker.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, based on Twitter follows, Mora and Charlton are communicating with QBs in the portal gauging interest. I've seen them linked to (at least these, maybe more) the following on Twitter:

Jacob Zeno
Tommy Devito
Harrison Bailey
Myles Brennan
Carter Bradley
Gunnar Holmberg
Navy Schuler
Bo Nix
And now Zach Calzada

Ask this question who is following them?

Reaction Score
Yeah, following the coaches is harder to track. I'm not at Twitter savvy as some others so I'm not sure how to easily tell if any of those QBs are following the coaches back. (The coaches follow fewer people and I'm more in tune with where their new follows pop up on the list.) But I do believe that Mora and Charlton are casting a wide net on this.

Reaction Score

Jacob Zeno
Tommy Devito
Harrison Bailey
Myles Brennan
Carter Bradley
Gunnar Holmberg
Navy Schuler
Bo Nix
And now Zach Calzada

Yeah, following the coaches is harder to track. I'm not at Twitter savvy as some others so I'm not sure how to easily tell if any of those QBs are following the coaches back. (The coaches follow fewer people and I'm more in tune with where their new follows pop up on the list.) But I do believe that Mora and Charlton are casting a wide net on this.
Quick stalking > DeVito, Shuler, Zeno and Bradley all have mutual follows with UConn staff. (I didn’t check deeply on all).

Reaction Score
Quick stalking > DeVito, Shuler, Zeno and Bradley all have mutual follows with UConn staff. (I didn’t check deeply on all).
Charlton on Downing from TCU this morning. Downing following Charlton Mora and Petrarca.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom