Molly Bent today! | The Boneyard

Molly Bent today!

Reaction Score
The starters, quite obviously, were off the chart today, but the mismatch in talent on the floor was so vast that the more valuable takeaways from today's game, I think, relate to the performances off the bench. In that regard, I thought Molly was exceptionally confident, sure-handed, and effective...her best performance of the season!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Agreed! Geno saw something good in her, and he gave her a scholarship. Now, we are getting to see some of those same qualities. I get pretty peeved at some of the posters on the BY who expect her to be the next Jefferson or Bird. Molly just needs to orchestrate the offense and not make excessive turnovers. She can be extremely valuable to this team going forward into March.

Reaction Score
Molly finally slowed down and played the game naturally. Maybe something good is happening. She didn't play at a hectic pace and didn't get rid of the ball as soon as she touched it as she normally did. She is finally seeing plays develop as she dribbled and made good decisions. A few more games like this one for her confidence and she will be able to contribute a lot more to the team. Bravo!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I thought the whole second unit was in sync and Molly certainly helped with that. I would also single out Mykala Coombs as her backcourt partner who also had her best game today. The two of them moved well, under control and were very good on the defensive end with quick hands. Kudos to the group and to Molly for her high point game! :)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I mean we were up 80 playing against 7th graders. Glad she played well.
OMG, that was really funny and I just snarfed! As it directly correlates to your comments before the game, I am still smiling.

I do think this WSU coach will get this team better over the next few years. It is only her first year and has not had a recruiting class yet.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I mean we were up 80 playing against 7th graders. Glad she played well.
I can remember a few " 7th grader snuck into our practice" jokes five years ago. How did that work out?
upload_2018-2-10_16-12-56.jpeg

Reaction Score
OMG, that was really funny and I just snarfed! As it directly correlates to your comments before the game, I am still smiling.

I do think this WSU coach will get this team better over the next few years. It is only her first year and has not had a recruiting class yet.

Sometimes I get the predictions right, sometimes I get them wrong. haha. Glad you enjoyed them! I honestly thought that team was like a pre-game team like the youth teams that play at half time. I was shocked, I leaned over to the guy next to me and said this game is going to get ugly fast.

Reaction Score
No really I was happy for molly. I was jumping up and down cheering her on as much as anyone. She seems like such a nice hard working kid.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Molly finally slowed down and played the game naturally.

Yeah it was noticeable. Some of that due to the competition but she definitely was playing a little more relaxed.

This little moment I thought was an example I noticed. After getting the steal she immediately bolted up the court but....and here was the difference....she saw she might get pinched at mid-court and the break wasn't there, slowed it down, broke to center court to give her space and then under control crossed the time line and directed the offense.

Maybe a sign the game is starting to slow a little bit for her.

Reaction Score
Yeah it was noticeable. Some of that due to the competition but she definitely was playing a little more relaxed.

This little moment I thought was an example I noticed. After getting the steal she immediately bolted up the court but....and here was the difference....she saw she might get pinched at mid-court and the break wasn't there, slowed it down, broke to center court to give her space and then under control crossed the time line and directed the offense.

Excellent use of video. Thanks.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

I saw that play as I watched and thought how a short time back she would have pushed on into trouble. I really the kid and hope this is where she is headed. Think she still hesitates,and then tries to force a pass but not nearly as much now. All good is what I wish for her.

Reaction Score
I saw that play as I watched and thought how a short time back she would have pushed on into trouble. I really the kid and hope this is where she is headed. Think she still hesitates,and then tries to force a pass but not nearly as much now. All good is what I wish for
I saw that play as I watched and thought how a short time back she would have pushed on into trouble. I really the kid and hope this is where she is headed. Think she still hesitates,and then tries to force a pass but not nearly as much now. All good is what I wish for her.
Also loved her four rebounds against players that were probably taller and quicker but definitely not smarter than her......

Reaction Score
Obviously Molly is a very hard worker, excellent student and seemingly a lovely young woman. She was a very good HS player but while I believe she will improve some I think she's somewhat over her head at this level. Her playing better last game I think is her learning to just play, and slow herself down but this was also a very weak opponent.
I would be very pleasantly surprised if she becomes a significant contributor this year or even next. What she adds is working her butt off and being a great teammate.
Fans became attached to players and most if not all, wish her the very best. I believe at the very best she would play a few minutes and add a bit, but I think that's her ceiling.
Sorry if I am sounding negative but I see it as realistic.
Bronx23

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I liked the OP, then I liked the second post and then I started to like the third post before I realized I was headed down a trail to like all the posts.
I think the Molly Love has just reached a high water mark.

A few of you mentioned "inferior competition", I guess we should expect our backup point guard to dominate in the AAC. It is highly possible that her sophomore jump was just delayed about 22 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom