MNT's 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2023

Reaction Score
We have a solid group of wingers and now balogan. We don't necessarily need a 10 but a playmaker/distributor in front of any combo of MMA would be the last piece for this group. And depth for mma who was gassed before the Holland match

Reaction Score
I thought Luca de la Torre should have gotten minutes at the World Cup; he plays differently than any of the MMA midfield, but he's also better than McKennie or Adams at connecting the backline to the forwards/wingers; that's completely on Berhalter's hard-headed decision-making. I think there might be some other guys who can spell or even replace a member of MMA who can establish themselves before 2026; things are rarely static from one World Cup to another, unless the coach carries over and only plays his favorites.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Not a word about the U-20 World Cup?

USMNT U-20 play today against New Zealand in the round of 16 after being one of two teams to win all three group play matches. They have not had a goal scored against them.

Reaction Score

USMNT U-20 play today against New Zealand in the round of 16 after being one of two teams to win all three group play matches. They have not had a goal scored against them.
Haven’t been able to catch any but very impressive thus far. Ecuador is always one of the top youth national teams and we shut them out. We have some big talent on the roster and getting a couple late additions with Pukstas and Paredes joining up.

Reaction Score

I haven't had a chance to watch the games so far, but caught a few highlights; from the videos and articles, the team seems to have been playing well so far but has been very wasteful with their goal-scoring opportunities (sounds familiar?). They're missing some guys who haven't been released from their clubs, and are adding a couple players getting released late, so the team may improve while also facing stiffer competition. Young players are always a crapshoot, so even getting like 3-4 players who make it as solid contributors to the Senior team would be a success I think; who they might be I have no idea.

EDIT-ninja'd by @CardiacAndre7

Reaction Score
I thought Luca de la Torre should have gotten minutes at the World Cup; he plays differently than any of the MMA midfield, but he's also better than McKennie or Adams at connecting the backline to the forwards/wingers; that's completely on Berhalter's hard-headed decision-making. I think there might be some other guys who can spell or even replace a member of MMA who can establish themselves before 2026; things are rarely static from one World Cup to another, unless the coach carries over and only plays his favorites.

I agree. MMA were worn out during the game with the Cheeseheads. They made some mistakes that 100% had to do with fatigue.

Reaction Score
That's a bit of a shocker, and it's a bad look for Anthony Hudson for leaving the team right before two different tournaments; this new opportunity for him must be a good one, to make it worth burning bridges and leaving with bad feelings. It's also a bad look for US Soccer, since they've been screwing around with hiring a new head coach/manager, and now have to deal with having an interim-interim guy with almost no experience for your continental competitions, however much we might denigrate these tournaments in comparison to Copa America, the Euros, or the World Cup. As with almost everything Soccer House touches, things turn into crap-the reverse Midas touch.

USMNT vs Germany at Rentschler on October 14
That could be somewhat interesting, but without having a permanent guy in place, and with Germany's recent struggles, the shine is a bit off the matchup. At least it will give the USMNT a chance to improve their historical record against the Germans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

USA is just rocking the Kiwis.

Samoo

Reaction Score
USA is just rocking the Kiwis.
preserved the tournament shut-out and scored 4 goals. Not bad, and if they get by the quarterfinals have a chance to meet Brazil in the semis. Pukstas scored in his first game of the tournament.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And here's his roster for the Nations League games against Mexico and possibly Canada/Panama. 6/15 and 6/18 in Paradise, NV.

GK
Matt Turner
Sean Johnson
Drake Callender
Josh Cohen

DF
Walter Zimmerman
Antonee Robinson
Miles Robinson
Sergino Dest
Chris Richards
Joe Scally
Austin Trusty

MF
Weston McKennie
Yunus Musah
Gio Reyna
Luca de la Torre
Johnny Cardoso
Alan Sonora

FW
Christian Pulisic
Timothy Weah
Ricardo Pepi
Alejandro Zendejas
Taylor Booth
Brenden Aaronson
Folarin Balogun

Reaction Score
And here's his roster for the Nations League games against Mexico and possibly Canada/Panama. 6/15 and 6/18 in Paradise, NV.

GK
Matt Turner
Sean Johnson
Drake Callender
Josh Cohen

DF
Walter Zimmerman
Antonee Robinson
Miles Robinson
Sergino Dest
Chris Richards
Joe Scally
Austin Trusty

MF
Weston McKennie
Yunus Musah
Gio Reyna
Luca de la Torre
Johnny Cardoso
Alan Sonora

FW
Christian Pulisic
Timothy Weah
Ricardo Pepi
Alejandro Zendejas
Taylor Booth
Brenden Aaronson
Folarin Balogun

No Adams but about as strong as a team as we can muster.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
preserved the tournament shut-out and scored 4 goals. Not bad, and if they get by the quarterfinals have a chance to meet Brazil in the semis. Pukstas scored in his first game of the tournament.
Ugh. What was the coach doing??? Pretty much played a 4-3-3 most of the tournament. At least games I saw. Switched to a 3-4-3 and put their playmaker Luna, at the false 9. He never saw the ball. They couldn't generate anything. Made a couple really poor defensive plays (including OG) and lost 0-2.

And they wouldn't even have had to play Brazil to get to the Final. Brazil taken out by Israel in the quarters. What a missed opportunity.

Reaction Score
Ugh. What was the coach doing??? Pretty much played a 4-3-3 most of the tournament. At least games I saw. Switched to a 3-4-3 and put their playmaker Luna, at the false 9. He never saw the ball. They couldn't generate anything. Made a couple really poor defensive plays (including OG) and lost 0-2.

And they wouldn't even have had to play Brazil to get to the Final. Brazil taken out by Israel in the quarters. What a missed opportunity.
So many players played their worst game. Wolff was terrible, as was Halliday. Wynder’s own goal was ridiculous. Wiley and Che played very poorly too, and the midfield was non existent. Puzzling move to not start JoGomez as well. Huge missed opportunity to make the final, as Uruguay weren’t particularly impressive either.

Samoo

Reaction Score
So many players played their worst game. Wolff was terrible, as was Halliday. Wynder’s own goal was ridiculous. Wiley and Che played very poorly too, and the midfield was non existent. Puzzling move to not start JoGomez as well. Huge missed opportunity to make the final, as Uruguay weren’t particularly impressive either.
It looked like the coach and the team fell apart under the pressure. Uruguay played excellent prevent D after the second goal.

Reaction Score
352239508_971767933861854_6848221929438738479_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Luca. And I think he does well if he is not overly aggressive.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Game tonight at 10:00 EDST. On Paramount+. Also on Univision and TUDN-USA for real channels.

Canada-Panama on CBSSN at 7:00.

Hopefully we'll get to see Balogun tonight.

Reaction Score
Game tonight at 10:00 EDST. On Paramount+. Also on Univision and TUDN-USA for real channels.

Canada-Panama on CBSSN at 7:00.

Hopefully we'll get to see Balogun tonight.
Rumored lineup:

Attachments

• CAEB28FC-4BB6-4A4B-B213-918672BCA956.png
    CAEB28FC-4BB6-4A4B-B213-918672BCA956.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 71

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members