MLS Expansion | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MLS Expansion

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No clue, but surely you haven't checked the Football league size site.
Umm, your link doesn't work. It just sends you to........oh

images

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Google isn't the end all/ be all. A guy on the basketball board gave me the "Google is your friend treatment" and proceeded to post an 100% incorrect "fact".

Reaction Score
Google isn't the end all/ be all.
Sure, but a research link was simply provided. @UCFB fan got it.

Barring some more efficient and effective alternatives, alphabet & other search engines enable quick info access, e.g., # of teams in major US/Canadian sports leagues. Any results are on the user to validate. Surely, you must have a more reliable resource. Trust, but verify.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sure, but a research link was simply provided. @UCFB fan got it.

Barring some more efficient and effective alternatives, alphabet & other search engines enable quick info access, e.g., # of teams in major US/Canadian sports leagues. Any results are on the user to validate. Surely, you must have a more reliable resource. Trust, but verify.
I'm too lazy to search Google. Plus, some people have sites they know that provide that info so I trust them vs searching on Google.

However, it was well played in terms of a response! :D

Reaction Score

The new owner of the NFL Panthers, David Tepper, is driving this. Charlotte was not on anyone's MLS list until he came on board. The Raleigh club has a lot more history with soccer and has a plan for a downtown MLS stadium; but, lacks a big-pockted owner, which is what Tepper is. The two groups should work together as I can't see North Carolina supporting 2 MLS franchises.

Reaction Score
The new owner of the NFL Panthers, David Tepper, is driving this. Charlotte was not on anyone's MLS list until he came on board. The Raleigh club has a lot more history with soccer and has a plan for a downtown MLS stadium; but, lacks a big-pockted owner, which is what Tepper is. The two groups should work together as I can't see North Carolina supporting 2 MLS franchises.

The only reason North Carolina FC left the NASL for USL was to get into MLS. So F ‘em. I’d go with the deep pocketed owner because that seems to work better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom