MLB Topic: Optimism grows after only 1.2% of MLB players test positive. | The Boneyard

MLB Topic: Optimism grows after only 1.2% of MLB players test positive.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I wan to be optimistic, but don’t forget the real logistical challenges haven’t even started yet. Still lots of traveling to be done.

Reaction Score
Yet, Price, Freeman, and others have already opted out of the season. Trout seems to be on the fence in his interviews as he wants to play; but, has a pregnant wife. There are going to be a lot of individual decisions that have to be made here.

Reaction Score
Yet, Price, Freeman, and others have already opted out of the season. Trout seems to be on the fence in his interviews as he wants to play; but, has a pregnant wife. There are going to be a lot of individual decisions that have to be made here.

Price I’m not surprised about he’s checked out of a lot seasons. He got his full pro rated salary.

Reaction Score
Freddie Freeman hasn't opted out, he just has gotten taken off of his feet after testing positive. He's really struggling apparently.

It seems like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back, I'd like to see baseball 2 weeks from tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath or feeling very confident.

Reaction Score
One the bright side, my youngest son's 10U Travel team got its first game of the season in. Ump behind the pitcher, everyone has masks on except for the kids in the field, on base, and at bat. They actually are allowing stealing, which is a change from the original. Eash team uses its own balls when on defense. Fans and parents behind the infield and outfield fences so the kids can use both the dugout and bleachers to spread-out more.

His team won 9-0 in 6 innings. He went 1-2 at the plate with 1 Run and 1 RBI. Also pitched the last 3 innings and faced the minimum 9 batters striking out 5 and allowing 1 Walk, which he took care of when the next batter lined back to him and then doubled the runner off at First. Happy player, proud Dad/Coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I received my notice from DIrecTV regarding the cost of the MLB package. I live in California and have bought the MLB package every year for the past twenty years in order to watch the Yankees. This cost of the package is around $180. For this year's 60-game season, they are charging $90. So you get 1/3 of a season and they are asking for 1/2 of the full price. It feels like they are trying to take advantage of the fact that people are so starved for sports.

Reaction Score
I do the MLB a la carte package for just the Mets. They gave a huge discount and applied the savings to next year's bill. That was a nice surprise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom