Mitchell brothers update (UMD transfers) | The Boneyard

Mitchell brothers update (UMD transfers)

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an update on where Makhi and Makhel Mitchell are looking? I know Georgetown was the rumored destination for the Maryland transfers, but it has been awfully quiet.

Would it be worth it for UConn to pursue these guys who are a package deal?

Makhi was a highly touted 6'9 top 50 PF/C recruit and Makhel was ranked around the 150's. Assuming there are no off the court headaches it could be worth it to take Makhi and his upside along with Makhel as a front court depth piece. I believe their reasoning for transferring was because of a distrust in Turgeon as a coach. Both have big frames and rebounded well in their limited minutes at Maryland. I don't know much about them, however.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an update on where Makhi and Makhel Mitchell are looking? I know Georgetown was the rumored destination for the Maryland transfers, but it has been awfully quiet.

Would it be worth it for UConn to pursue these guys who are a package deal?

Makhi was a highly touted 6'9 top 50 PF/C recruit and Makhel was ranked around the 150's. Assuming there are no off the court headaches it could be worth it to take Makhi and his upside along with Makhel as a front court depth piece. I believe their reasoning for transferring was because of a distrust in Turgeon as a coach. Both have big frames and rebounded well in their limited minutes at Maryland. I don't know much about them, however.
Nah, we'll bring in better bigs. Don't want to bring in other peoples problems.

Reaction Score
From what I read the mom seems to love Cooley.....hey I'll take them.....with Smith, Marial, and another big they have......playing time was limited, plus I'm not seeing Smith or Marial on any draft boards so transferring might have been the best option.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
From what I read the mom seems to love Cooley.....hey I'll take them.....with Smith, Marial, and another big they have......playing time was limited, plus I'm not seeing Smith or Marial on any draft boards so transferring might have been the best option.
A few of the moms love Cooley from what I've seen on your board

Reaction Score

Jalen Smith will be a 1st round pick this year if he’s healthy.

Reaction Score

Nice move by Cox after a few players of his own have left.

If the brothers can't play this year, URI will have a heck of a frontcourt in 21/22 between Harris, the Mitchell twins and Antwan Walker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Oh yea, i spent a week one night in that place with a couple college buddies. I will never forget that night in the Bay area. Three or four rooms of live entertainment the likes of which i've never seen before. We had never heard of it before, and saw an ad in the Sf Chronicle. Wild, wild stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cox sure seems like a great assistant, struggle bus as head man. Remains to be seen if he gets time to turn it around. They should have been amazing with the vets and Fatts leading way last year.

Jeremy Sheppard is a stud, coming in from Juco, had to sit out last year as non qualifier. Really efficient scorer, all AAC Freshman like 8 years ago lol!

Reaction Score
Jeremy Sheppard is a stud, coming in from Juco, had to sit out last year as non qualifier. Really efficient scorer, all AAC Freshman like 8 years ago lol!
Someone else agrees with you...

URI's top-8 are really good and the A-10 as a whole should be very strong and fun to watch this year.

Richmond and Saint Louis are the cream of the crop this year, but Duquesne and Saint Bonaventure should be very very good too. Dayton, URI and Davidson should still be good while UMass, Saint Joe's and GW should be better. Even though VCU is rebuilding, I'd never want to play them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, they are kinda stacked (in a sense of the A-10) will look forward to seeing that roster together,

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

The dark room where they gave patrons flashlights was pretty creepy. So I'm told.

(I am so glad I wasn't the first or even second to bring up the reference!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom