Mississippi State picked 5th in conference???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi State picked 5th in conference????

Reaction Score
Amber Ramirez not even 2nd team SEC? What the???

I went on the Tennessee board and lots of people were upset with Horston's play last year and some even said she should go into the portal. Ramirez is at least better than Horston. And I definitely take her over Carter and Henderson.

Still wrapping my head around the fact that Anastasia + Rickea is on the same team. If you told me two years ago they'd be on the same team, and with the assumption that Vic was still here, I'd be selling us as a national title contender.

Ramirez is only a scoring guard. Points per game is the only thing she brings to the table. She averaged 13.5 ppg last season, but also averaged 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg, and 1.2 turnovers per gm for a near 1:1 a:to ratio.

Henderson was right behind Ramirez with 12.2 ppg, but also added 4.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 2.8 topg for a 1.8:1 a:to ratio. Henderson led the SEC in assists and apg. Both Ramirez and Henderson were equal in steals (1.1 spg to 1.3 spg) and blocks (both were at 0.8 bpg). Ramirez shot slightly better from the 3 (.435 vs .414), but they both were equal from the field (.430 for both). Ramirez doesn't do enough beyond taking shots to warrant moving past Henderson. I didn't check Carter's stats.....

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Ramirez is only a scoring guard. Points per game is the only thing she brings to the table. She averaged 13.5 ppg last season, but also averaged 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg, and 1.2 turnovers per gm for a near 1:1 a:to ratio.

Henderson was right behind Ramirez with 12.2 ppg, but also added 4.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 2.8 topg for a 1.8:1 a:to ratio. Henderson led the SEC in assists and apg. Both Ramirez and Henderson were equal in steals (1.1 spg to 1.3 spg) and blocks (both were at 0.8 bpg). Ramirez shot slightly better from the 3 (.435 vs .414), but they both were equal from the field (.430 for both). Ramirez doesn't do enough beyond taking shots to warrant moving past Henderson. I didn't check Carter's stats.....

Ok, I'm not trying to debate so I'm not gonna get technical. Ramirez does have the advantage this year of showing how good she can be when two more prolific players ahead of her doing most of the work (Dungee, Slocum) are no longer there. Could we see her greatly up her scoring average? Possibly. Henderson unfortunately still has Boston and Cooke in front of her. Not that that's a bad thing for the overall team, but for individual achievements Ramirez is better set up this year.

Reaction Score
Ok... maybe my thread title is kinda bad, and maybe this source is just a bad source and means absolutely nothing, but I wonder what this is based on having Georgia and Arkansas that low, and like they didn't watch last year and think that it doesn't affect this year.

Gamecocks Earns Top Spot in SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

2021-22 SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

Team (First-Place Votes)Points
1. South Carolina (12)81
2. Tennessee68
3. Texas A&M67
4. Kentucky66
5. Mississippi State56
6. LSU55
7. Ole Miss42
8. Arkansas36
9. Georgia35
10. Vanderbilt32
11. Alabama22
12. Auburn19
13. Florida12
14. Missouri7

Preseason Players of the Year
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky

Preseason Coach of the Year
Kim Mulkey, LSU

Preseason Assistant Coach of the Year
Bob Starkey, Auburn

Preseason International Player of the Year
Kamilla Cardoso, South Carolina

Preseason Junior College Transfer of the Year
Nia Daniel, Alabama
Alexus Dye, Tennessee

Preseason Freshman of the Year
Saniya Rivers, South Carolina

Preseason All-Conference First Team
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Moon Ursin, LSU
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
Lavender Briggs, Florida
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
Jordan Horston, Tennessee
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Khayla Pointer, LSU
Hades,,,5 is too high IMO

Reaction Score
Henderson and Ramirez don't really play the same position.

i guess they are nominally in competition for a spot, but sort of doubt it's one or the other.

I could see Ramirez scoring more. Many more touches to go around. Not sure she's all conference, but maybe.

Reaction Score
Isn’t Ramirez like two years older than Henderson? She had already transferred from another school and sat out now she’s taking the extra year. She’ll be like 24 when she’s done playing if I’m guessing right.

Reaction Score
Isn’t Ramirez like two years older than Henderson? She had already transferred from another school and sat out now she’s taking the extra year. She’ll be like 24 when she’s done playing if I’m guessing right.
Henderson is 22 and will turn 23 in February. Ramirez will turn 24 in February so it is only a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom