Mississippi State picked 5th in conference???? | The Boneyard

Mississippi State picked 5th in conference????

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Ok... maybe my thread title is kinda bad, and maybe this source is just a bad source and means absolutely nothing, but I wonder what this is based on having Georgia and Arkansas that low, and like they didn't watch last year and think that it doesn't affect this year.

Gamecocks Earns Top Spot in SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

2021-22 SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

Team (First-Place Votes)Points
1. South Carolina (12)81
2. Tennessee68
3. Texas A&M67
4. Kentucky66
5. Mississippi State56
6. LSU55
7. Ole Miss42
8. Arkansas36
9. Georgia35
10. Vanderbilt32
11. Alabama22
12. Auburn19
13. Florida12
14. Missouri7

Preseason Players of the Year
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky

Preseason Coach of the Year
Kim Mulkey, LSU

Preseason Assistant Coach of the Year
Bob Starkey, Auburn

Preseason International Player of the Year
Kamilla Cardoso, South Carolina

Preseason Junior College Transfer of the Year
Nia Daniel, Alabama
Alexus Dye, Tennessee

Preseason Freshman of the Year
Saniya Rivers, South Carolina

Preseason All-Conference First Team
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Moon Ursin, LSU
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
Lavender Briggs, Florida
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
Jordan Horston, Tennessee
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Khayla Pointer, LSU

Reaction Score
Ok... maybe my thread title is kinda bad, and maybe this source is just a bad source and means absolutely nothing, but I wonder what this is based on having Georgia and Arkansas that low, and like they didn't watch last year and think that it doesn't affect this year.

Gamecocks Earns Top Spot in SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

2021-22 SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

Team (First-Place Votes)Points
1. South Carolina (12)81
2. Tennessee68
3. Texas A&M67
4. Kentucky66
5. Mississippi State56
6. LSU55
7. Ole Miss42
8. Arkansas36
9. Georgia35
10. Vanderbilt32
11. Alabama22
12. Auburn19
13. Florida12
14. Missouri7

Preseason Players of the Year
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky

Preseason Coach of the Year
Kim Mulkey, LSU

Preseason Assistant Coach of the Year
Bob Starkey, Auburn

Preseason International Player of the Year
Kamilla Cardoso, South Carolina

Preseason Junior College Transfer of the Year
Nia Daniel, Alabama
Alexus Dye, Tennessee

Preseason Freshman of the Year
Saniya Rivers, South Carolina

Preseason All-Conference First Team
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Moon Ursin, LSU
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
Lavender Briggs, Florida
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
Jordan Horston, Tennessee
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Khayla Pointer, LSU
No idea how they came up with their scoring system for this "poll". The numbers seem like random choices. How does Missouri only score 7 votes while Vanderbilt gets 32?

Not a fan of World Exposure Report. Seem fairly new and they put out a lot of click bait material to direct people to their website. This website has changed significantly since last year. Will they maintain this pace for articles once the season starts? Time will tell.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Auburn not in the cellar after the year they had last season? And Vandy basically didn't play last season, have a first time head coach, sure put them in the middle of the pack right behind Georgia, totally makes sense. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Georgia at 9 tells me all I need to know to not trust the opinion of this publication.

Georgia at 9 is really mystifying.
It's click bait material. Who are these ballyhooed "WER Committee" members?

This site looks to be posting similar articles for the rest of the D1 conferences as they have one for the AAC conference up as well. It will be interesting to see how this committee "votes" as these articles come out.

Reaction Score
A lot of sites with experts like this are popping up...emptying out the pockets of anxious fans who want to..." be in the know" a FEW HOURS BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE FINDS OUT. Save your money. It's just speculation a lot of times...if true at all.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s impossible. They have the talent to do so. If she can have a better season than the last one and get the players to want to play for her, I don’t think fifth place is a reach. I wouldn’t place Georgia that low and I wouldn’t place Kentucky or A&M that high.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Moon Ursin isn't going to be all SEC...since she's on the move again. Really doubtful she would've been anyway.
I think Moon is better than what people give her credit for. No she isn't flashy but she honestly does almost everything really well... Don't think she would be first team SEC but could have been 2nd team if she played in the SEC (still a possibility until she announces a new school).

That said, pertaining to this list, I feel like this is click bait for a variety of reasons.... I think they are trying to stir the pot. Regardless, preseason polls are irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Just makes you wonder if that person was eating edibles while coming up with these choices.
The updates to this site couldn't have happened at a better time. A simple like does not do this response justice. :D

Reaction Score
I think Moon is better than what people give her credit for. No she isn't flashy but she honestly does almost everything really well... Don't think she would be first team SEC but could have been 2nd team if she played in the SEC (still a possibility until she announces a new school).

That said, pertaining to this list, I feel like this is click bait for a variety of reasons.... I think they are trying to stir the pot. Regardless, preseason polls are irrelevant.
Correct. Plus Moon can do it all. Hit a 3. Create her own shot in the midrange. Facilitate if she has to. Play defense. Block shots. Rebound on both ends.

Although she plays bigger than what she is. If she was 5'10-6'1. She would be a top 5 pick

Reaction Score
Georgia at #9 is smoking crack… they’re probably the most complete team outside of SC.

I’m not convinced Destanni Henderson isn’t first team All-SEC either.
IMO Georgia will be top 5. They are very good but can be pretty anemic offensively at times (reason for my skepticism with them). They are usually pretty physical team and are tough when they do make shots. I think they will win many games but their inconsistency scoring will lose them some games they probably shouldn't.

Two things I think is certain, SC at the top with Vandy/Auburn at the bottom. Everything else is up in the air.

Reaction Score
Saw this on the Lady Vols forum about the "genius" behind this thorough report. This explains a lot.

1630530265887.png

Reaction Score
I'm also not convinced Mulkey and LSU are going to have a moderately successful first season. There are so many moving parts with their roster and it wouldn't shock me if it takes Kim a while to sort things out.
Its a pretty significant rebuild at LSU, although we are fortunate Pointer and Aifuwa came back. There was a reason they had a losing season last year and were destroyed in OOC vs middle of the road teams.

Since they lost Moon, there is a giant question mark where the offense is gonna come from (which is why LSU was not good last season). Pointer and Aifuwa are staple pieces but everything else is up in the air at this point. Where is this scoring going to come from? That is something they have to figure out.

Morris won't be eligible this season. Bartlett and Grace Hall (talented incoming freshmen) are coming off of knee injuries. Its not like Kim is walking into a team filled with talented 4 star players who are raw, they just as a collective whole arent very talented. Nikki didn't recruit worth a damn for years and one of the few talented players on roster (T. Young) bolted in the spring before Kim was hired.

I believe they will be improved (I simply think Kim is just much more competent than Nikki as a coach) but they will have many issues to address. Some things simply arent fixable in one offseason. Kim has a lot of work to do.... Everything has to basically be built from the ground up at this point.

Reaction Score
Tennessee fan here (apologies) here is how I see the SEC shaping up. Including positive information ONLY.
  1. South Carolina - no explanation needed. The depth added along with Cardoso is a bonus. M
  2. Georgia. Q Morrison + Stati. Most complete team. Richardson + Hollingshead I’m excited for.
  3. Tennessee - solid core. Competitive freshman class + Dye. 4 spot plus 3pt shooting should be improved.
  4. Texas A & M - Wells and Nixon are so good plus solid transfers.
  5. LSU - great posts, solid backcourt in Pointer and KM on the sideline. Not doubting them or her.
  6. Kentucky - Howard, Massengill, Benton should be solid. Owens should be better in post.
  7. Miss St - could be number 2. I think any coach would take Jackson, Carter, Taylor and Hayes sisters. I’ll give players benefit of the doubt of Covid year and Nikki M having a year under her belt with the players.
  8. Ole Miss - Coach Yo, Austin, Scott and a few key players who jumped on board who FIT their system.
  9. Missouri - More depth and experience. Frank and Blackwell are two studs to build around.
  10. Auburn - Harris and Starkey. Not even on the floor but the game plans these two come up with will steal some games.
  11. Arkansas - Daniels, Ramierz, Goforth and Wolfenbarger got some swag. This team will put up points.
  12. Florida - Briggs, Smith, Broughton
    more depth and a players coach. Could be a great mix.
  13. Alabama - not too sure what to make of this team. Usually steal a few games. Daniel and Mingo Harris should provide toughness.
  14. Vanderbilt - Young but Cambaige and Alexander are good to build around. I like the culture shift
  15. Teams 9-14 can all be mixed around. I wouldn’t be shocked to see 2-14 beat each other up with a clear number 2 emerging just before SEC tournament.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Amber Ramirez not even 2nd team SEC? What the???

I went on the Tennessee board and lots of people were upset with Horston's play last year and some even said she should go into the portal. Ramirez is at least better than Horston. And I definitely take her over Carter and Henderson.

Still wrapping my head around the fact that Anastasia + Rickea is on the same team. If you told me two years ago they'd be on the same team, and with the assumption that Vic was still here, I'd be selling us as a national title contender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom