Mississippi St @ Louisiana St - 2/25/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St @ Louisiana St - 2/25/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Shades, I think Myah Taylor will face the same problem as Morgan Williams where size would be her limiting factor in the WNBA.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
If State fans want to truly experience what LSU fans feel, enjoy McCray for 10 years then get back with us

I would go literally insane. Holy yikes at that thought.

Reaction Score
Shades, I think Myah Taylor will face the same problem as Morgan Williams where size would be her limiting factor in the WNBA.
Some kids are great college players but not built for the WNBA. It isn't a bad thing, it just is what it is.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Whooppeee dooo. We've just clinched a tournament birth on the 2nd to last game of the year and LSU is gonna be at home deciding whether to fire Fargas or not. That was totally our goal at the beginning of the year.

Reaction Score
Nikki better start saving that big paycheck, it won't be coming in a lot longer.

Reaction Score
One big key to the win was going 13-14 n free throws. A less obvious big key was that after Carter picked up a 2nd foul early in the second quarter, she then made it to the middle of the 4th quarter before picking up her third. It wasn't a pretty win to say the least, but it was a win on the road against a team that has beaten a projected NCAA #1 seed this year and played two tight games against a projected #2 seed. Glad I'm able to now relax and enjoy this win, which is something not all MSU fans will be able to do.

Reaction Score
One big key to the win

Nikki-Fargas.jpg

Reaction Score
Must admit I thought LSU would win this game. This season has been so unreal, MSST 9th in SEC with 5 wins in 11 conference games. So far this season I have seen the team play 3 times, Georgia, Kentucky, and SC. Our games are no longer relevant so we do not get much TV coverage. This from a team which I believed would be top ten. I just hope our team is finally coming around and our tournament games will be more like the team we are use to watching. But, Win or Lose, I say GO DAWGS!

Reaction Score
I agree that despite my moaning and groaning about the team I am still pulling for the Bulldogs and would love nothing more than to see them finish the year strong with a win against Mizzou. We had four games that wound up being cancelled or pushed back (2 against Vandy, Ole Miss and UT). I like to think two wins against Vandy would make the total look better with OM being a true toss up and UT likely being a loss. Also the SEC is better this year and I think even Vic would have struggled to beat A&M this year with their total lineup in addition to SC. The team really didn't play poorly against KY or Ark all things considered.

I'm not ready to jump on the NMP bandwagon and this falls squarely on her shoulders but I hope to see some good games out of them to close things out. It will be a very interesting off season in Starkville.

Reaction Score
For anyone interested, here is NMP's press conference from today. At the end there is a question about the NCAA Tournament and it is pointed out that Taylor, Carter, and Wiggins are the only players on the team who have played in the NCAA Tournament and they were all role players at that time. That's something I hadn't realized even though it is a rather obvious point.

Reaction Score
In the game last night the LSU announcer kept talking about how much size MSU has this year. That was a case of looking at the roster and not the game that was unfolding. It feels like MSU is moving towards 4 guards with Cooks primarily being the backup for Carter, and Morris only getting a few minutes here and there. This will make MSU a small team, somewhat like when Vivians was playing the 4, but it will be the type of lineup that can execute the style of play we have seen in the third quarter of the last two games. While this feels like the right move to make, getting rebounds might be an adventure when facing a team like Tennessee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom