Mississippi St (15) @ Georgia - 1/05/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (15) @ Georgia - 1/05/20

Who will win this game?

• Georgia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Georgia has shot the ball very well today actually and has looked pretty good. Issue is they have been unable to stop turning It over. Partly because of MSU's D and partly just from sloppy play.

Reaction Score
Such a blow for UGA to shoot so well and, at this point, likely lose.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
Poor sportsmanship by Jackson there. She should have been ejected.

After looking at how much Danberry played over her career , I think they made a fair decision in her case. She only played in 6 games as a Sophomore (2016-2017) and Arkansas played 30 games that year. The rule says you cannot play in more than 20% of your teams games. In this case she did not exceed 20%.
Obviously, I have no idea what circumstances others have encountered but in her case, it appears the right decision was made.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I'll refrain from replying to the chimers who are still complaining about Danberry.

Reaction Score
I sort of think she misses a lot of them. I assume she's just rushing a bit because she's not completely comfortable.

This game has reminded me what a gift the NCAA gave Miss State by randomly deciding to change the eligibility rules for Danberry.
They did it for Dean at UCLA first, so at least they were consistent.

Reaction Score
It was an ugly game but a win is a win at this point. Take the win, get better and move forward.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was an ugly game but a win is a win at this point. Take the win, get better and move forward.
Just have to ask, at what point is a win not a win? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In post moves R Jackson often looks like she is anticipating contact on the shot. That will change with experience. She can be really special if she hits the weight room hard and concentrates on developing her inside game. Coach Schaefer said she is 6’3” now. With her long arms and leaping ability she could be a terror on the offensive boards.

Reaction Score
Wiggins has more upside than her right now, and I didn't see that coming.
Earlier in the year Coach Schaefer said he was looking for someone to be a perimeter stopper. I see X Wiggins stepped up. Having her out there really allows switching on defense without a lot of mismatches created.

Reaction Score
Poor sportsmanship by Jackson there. She should have been ejected.

After looking at how much Danberry played over her career , I think they made a fair decision in her case. She only played in 6 games as a Sophomore (2016-2017) and Arkansas played 30 games that year. The rule says you cannot play in more than 20% of your teams games. In this case she did not exceed 20%.
Obviously, I have no idea what circumstances others have encountered but in her case, it appears the right decision was made.

Are you talking about the medical redshirt rule? What is 20%?

Reaction Score
Are you talking about the medical redshirt rule? What is 20%?
He has it mixed up with medical. I forget how many games you can play before redshirting. I think it is 4 or 5. I believe Danberry was slightly out of the range.

I'm not really sure if that matters though because Dean only played two games at Texas Tech as a sophomore and still had to apply for the waiver.

Plebe

Reaction Score

You've got a misunderstanding layered on top of a misinterpretation here.

There's no 20% rule. There's a 30% rule, but that's for a medical hardship waiver, which obviously doesn't apply here because she didn't sustain a season-ending injury. She simply transferred.

Reaction Score

There's no 20% rule. There's a 30% rule, but that's for a medical hardship waiver, which obviously doesn't apply here because she didn't sustain a season-ending injury. She simply transferred.
Maybe playing for Jimmy Dykes gets a cruel and unusual punishment exemption. ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maybe playing for Jimmy Dykes gets a cruel and unusual punishment exemption. ;)
At least he took Arkansas to the NCAA tournament in his first year there, something Neighbors hasn't done yet in two years :D

Reaction Score
Whew. It wasn't pretty but I will take it. Georgia actually looked okay (and we didn't for certain stretches) but it's still a road win for a young, inexperienced team. I am not expecting any late tournament finishes this year but do want us to remain in the upper standings of the SEC and possibly host the first couple of rounds. That will help keep us relevant.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I think this could be a trap game for MSU for sure. I'm still not convinced that we are a good as the polls indicate given I've read about some pretty good showings verses some rather pedestrian play.

Polls indicate MSU is a 4 seed type team right now. You don't think they're that good?

I'll just say I disagree. Certainly not on the level of the best teams in the country, but I think they'll prove good enough to earn a host seed.

Reaction Score

Problem is there is no set rules in regards to transfers, I do not understand many of the NCAA decisions with regard to transfer eligibility. Some cases are almost identical and the NCAA gives different decisions. Transfer eligibility is an area the NCAA needs to clear up, there should be straight forward and simple criteria used to make these decisions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom