Mir McLean - Volleyball | The Boneyard

Mir McLean - Volleyball

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I found myself down a Twitter click hole and discovered that after a two year hiatus, Mir McLean is back as an outside hitter for the Roland Park volleyball team.

I found one mention of her from her freshman year but couldn't find anything from her sophomore and junior years, and based on the photos from the RPCS athletics twitter, it seems like she has just been (and rightfully so) focusing on basketball.

I love that she's taking advantage of being able to play something other than basketball this season, and it's a good opportunity for a different kind of conditioning. Just thought this might be fun for some of us to follow until basketball starts.

V_VB_-_Team_Picture_(web).jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I found myself down a Twitter click hole and discovered that after a two year hiatus, Mir McLean is back as an outside hitter for the Roland Park volleyball team.

I found one mention of her from her freshman year but couldn't find anything from her sophomore and junior years, and based on the photos from the RPCS athletics twitter, it seems like she has just been (and rightfully so) focusing on basketball.

I love that she's taking advantage of being able to play something other than basketball this season, and it's a good opportunity for a different kind of conditioning. Just thought this might be fun for some of us to follow until basketball starts.

#1. Nice

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

From her freshman year - #20.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hopefully this is not tempting fate. I "was" all for UCONN WBB committed recruits playing other sports for many reasons including the one you mentioned-conditioning. Then Caroline Doty happened and now I'm more in favor of bubble wrapping then until they get to campus.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Hopefully this is not tempting fate. I "was" all for UCONN WBB committed recruits playing other sports for many reasons including the one you mentioned-conditioning. Then Caroline Doty happened and now I'm more in favor of bubble wrapping then until they get to campus.

I know that sports injuries can happen in any setting, but I feel better about her playing volleyball than I would if she was playing soccer, like Doty.

Que sera, sera. I hope she's just having a good time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Has anyone done any long term medical studies on the potential side affects of bubble wrapping. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Mir’s future is already set. She knows she has a full ride scholarship in the bag. She can now relax and enjoy her senior year of high school. Returning to another sport she likes is a way of doing that. Good for her.

As Oldude said, the footwork and jumps she’ll need and use in volleyball will also serve her her well in basketball. Enjoy your senior year Mir. It goes by fast. Can’t wait to see her stats this year for basketball. I expect them to be impressive.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is good stuff, the result of the BY’s relentless obsession to learn anything and everything about the wonderful young ladies heading to Storrs. ;)

The one thing I know about volleyball is that the key for any outside hitter is footwork, timing and the ability to elevate. I can’t think of a better way for Mir to prepare for all those opponent’s shots she’ll knock into the 3rd row of the stands once she gets to UConn. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is good stuff, the result of the BY’s relentless obsession to learn anything and everything about the wonderful young ladies heading to Storrs. ;)

The one thing I know about volleyball is that the key for any outside hitter is footwork, timing and the ability to elevate. I can’t think of a better way for Mir to prepare for all those opponent’s shots she’ll knock into the 3rd row of the stands once she gets to UConn. :)

As Mr. On The Other Hand: Knees have a limited tread life. Tuck, Evina W, etc etc. Was it Carol Doty who injured her knee playing soccer after committing to UConn. You know how her career was truncated by the knees. Did allow her to perfect her trick shots from the stands, bathroom doors, etc though.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I know that sports injuries can happen in any setting, but I feel better about her playing volleyball than I would if she was playing soccer, like Doty.

Que sera, sera. I hope she's just having a good time.
Yeah, less concussions in VB. Less guys trying to tackle you around your knees as well.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
When I watch Mir play I think of Kalana Greene before her severe knee injury. Kalana was still a very good basketball player after the injury but not close to the athleticism she had when she first arrived in Storrs.

HGN

Reaction Score
Coco, I feel you....But you got to let the horse out of the barn every once in a while to get some exercise. Even at the risk of injury. What we need is an exercise guru to figure out how to exercise our athletes and horse's in bubblewrap.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Maybe Sumo wrestling could be on the approved list as well ---

Hot-selling-inflatable-sports-games-sumo-suits.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom