Minutes from insider info | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Minutes from insider info

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Around the Holidays in 2010 I was staying a major hotel in Times Square for work and walked past the electronic meeting room calender. One of the meetings noted was "UAL CAL Executive Meeting." As I traveled a lot for work, I knew 'UAL' was United Airlines' stock symbol and 'Cal' was Continental Airlines's stock symbol. I was a 'gold' level frequent flyer in Continental. In May of 2010, the two airlines announced they were merging. Talk about tight secuirity around a multi-billion dollar transaction. LOL.
I miss continental. favorite airline, ever.

Reaction Score
I realize this stuff is said in jest but UConn's AD is basically a wrestling and Lacrosse Program away from offering the full compliment of non Football/Basketball sports that the conference really pushes on BTN. This does not include Ice Hockey as you already sponsor it. I've been a UConn to The B1G Fan for a long time and it truly disappoints me that this will likely never come to fruition. It all boils down to dollars, and if you can generate enough of them. That said I would love to have UConn M/W Basketball, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Soccer, and Field Hockey further strengthen the league. I also believe given stability that football would rebound into a credible product as well.

@whaler11 connect this guy to the right people

Reaction Score
Dubious spiel Conehead, your recollection of a meeting around the holidays in 2010 occurred several months after the May 2010 merger announcement. I jest ;)

Considering 2010 was before one of my wing-mates moved out of the City, I'm surprised I could remember that much after our forays into Alphabet City to hit McSorley's, Niagara, 7B, and other classic East Village dive bars.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Considering 2010 was before one of my wing-mates moved out of the City, I'm surprised I could remember that much after our forays into Alphabet City to hit McSorley's, Niagara, 7B, and other classic East Village dive bars.
sitting in mcsorleys after hoopin at Christopher st. one fine summer day with some friends. trying to get over on some manhattan girl who is giving me a face full of 'whats a Bridgeport?' in walks bud, ex knick Charles Smith. my rpms are up, cuz of the gurl thing. I YELL 'dude!' from the back area. place quiets for a moment and watches this noble, definition of gq man gently stroll to us, and he says '----, good to see you.' me and mr classy chat for a while, then he heads for his group. ny chic has her jaw on the floor, picks it up and sez 'what's that all about?' I sez 'its a Bridgeport thing. Bridgeport folks are everywhere on planet earth, you wouldn't understand.' I didn't win the battle with her, but I won the war with the mcsorleys crowd. luv that place.

Reaction Score
we here at flug empire respect privacy. i will ask tuxedo yoga to dm him.

Thanks I just got his message. He told me as soon as he finishes negotiating Texas and OU's Entry into The B1G he'll see if he can get me a few minutes to address the meeting on UConn's Behalf.

Reaction Score
12 hour meeting.

I assume this to hash out future UConn football games with the Big Ten with the help of Fox?

What a fantastic piece of fiction. Where can I purchase this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom