Mike Norvell | The Boneyard

Mike Norvell

Reaction Score
Someone to keep an eye on. FSU faithful are restless and Deion Sanders is still unbeaten at Jackson St, including the win over FSU. There are quite a few people up for hiring Sanders, including Booger McFarland, who said it on air this weekend.

Norvell is an excellent and professional coach. He has a plan and will fix FSU given a little more time. If FSU ridiculously runs him out of town, he’d be on my call list too. Fun style of play, good with the press and an eye for talent.

Reaction Score
Someone to keep an eye on. FSU faithful are restless and Deion Sanders is still unbeaten at Jackson St, including the win over FSU. There are quite a few people up for hiring Sanders, including Booger McFarland, who said it on air this weekend.

Norvell is an excellent and professional coach. He has a plan and will fix FSU given a little more time. If FSU ridiculously runs him out of town, he’d be on my call list too. Fun style of play, good with the press and an eye for talent.
I think Norvell would agree that it's easier to have an eye for talent in Florida than in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I think Norvell would agree that it's easier to have an eye for talent in Florida than in Connecticut.
We get lots of players from Florida and lately, Texas too. We have to recruit those states heavily no matter who the coach is.

Reaction Score
I would love to have him but even if he is fired he will get several good offers due to his success at Memphis.

I think our most realistic option if we want a young and rising head coach is the FCS level with someone like Chesney being the prototype.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We get lots of players from Florida and lately, Texas too. We have to recruit those states heavily no matter who the coach is.
We should absolutely recruit Florida hard, I would argue that should be our number one focus. But I disagree with Texas completely. We need to tighten our focus on regions at this stage and maximize resources.

PWS

Reaction Score

FSU faithful may be keen on hiring Deion, but he didn't beat FSU and he not undefeated (he's 2-1). Deion coaches Jackson State. FSU lost to Jacksonville St. Obviously easy to confuse the 2.

Reaction Score
Ah, my bad. Either way, they are still talking him up. Makes even less sense to fawn over Deion in that case. Hopefully, the AD at FSU is smarter than some of these other folks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom