Mike Gorman in the Hall Of Fame! | The Boneyard

Mike Gorman in the Hall Of Fame!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Longtime Celtics TV voice was just named a recipient of Basketball Hall of Fame's 2021 Curt Gowdy Media Award. Longtime UConn fans remember Mike did the women's games at the beginning of UConn's climb to greatness. I'm convinced Mike's play-by-play was a big reason the program became so popular. Think of it back then, a curious newbie decides to sample the game and is met with same announcer as the Celtics; calling the game with the exact same professionalism of his NBA work. No hyping for hype's sake but definitely giving respect it where it was due, he added credibility to the entire effort. As well as being a good listen. BTW, his job for the Celtics at the time only involved home games. Once the network wised up and put him back on the road, his UConn stint ended.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Longtime Celtics TV voice was just named a recipient of Basketball Hall of Fame's 2021 Curt Gowdy Media Award. Longtime UConn fans remember Mike did the women's games at the beginning of UConn's climb to greatness. I'm convinced Mike's play-by-play was a big reason the program became so popular. Think of it back then, a curious newbie decides to sample the game and is met with same announcer as the Celtics; calling the game with the exact same professionalism of his NBA work. No hyping for hype's sake but definitely giving respect it where it was due, he added credibility to the entire effort. As well as being a good listen. BTW, his job for the Celtics at the time only involved home games. Once the network wised up and put him back on the road, his UConn stint ended.
Gorman and Pattyson (not yet Culmo) to this day remains my favorite Husky broadcast team.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Mike Gorman is the best. I wish the broadcast teams blathering their way through games would study and emulate Mike. Never have to ask who the foul was on or how many they have, what the call was, etc.

He also did some Connecticut Sun games years ago (with Rebecca, I think). I was extremely impressed with his preparation and knowledge of the team and the league. Just a true professional.

Reaction Score
They don't make 'em like Mike anymore, much to my dismay.

Congrats to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom