Mike Aresco promoting American-P6 yesterday on ESPN radio | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mike Aresco promoting American-P6 yesterday on ESPN radio

Reaction Score
You can look at any way you like, but the basketball run conference didn't help the old Big East football at all. If Marinatto was on the ball the Big East could have picked up and we would have watched the Big 12 to fall apart instead of the Big East football.
well he did send roses to the Big 12. And try to get Villanova to upgrade.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about the push for the P6 - this has the potential to make us more of a laughingstock than the fake trophy game with a team we played against only a couple times.

Reaction Score
The AAC board lead by Susan Herbst agrees with you. Mike Aresco's contract
was just renewed until June 2022.

“Mike Aresco has done an outstanding job of leading the American Athletic Conference through its early years and I am very happy that he will continue on with us,” Susan Herbst, President of the University of Connecticut and Chair of The American’s Board of Directors said in a statement. “Mike is a strong commissioner who is respected by the presidents and institutions within the Conference. It is important for The American to have excellent, consistent leadership and that is what Mike provides.”

AAC gives commissioner Mike Aresco contract extension through 2022

There's nothing else she could have said. The alternative was that he's horrible but she got outvoted so he got his contract extension. It's like the Big 12 claiming their non-expansion vote was unanimous.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about the push for the P6 - this has the potential to make us more of a laughingstock than the fake trophy game with a team we played against only a couple times.
More of a laughingstock? Probably not, but it is a variation on the same theme.

Reaction Score
There's nothing else she could have said. The alternative was that he's horrible but she got outvoted so he got his contract extension. It's like the Big 12 claiming their non-expansion vote was unanimous.

So I take it you don't agree with Susan.

Reaction Score

Nothing's going to top UCF leaving that stupid trophy on the field last year. Unlike the forced rivalry, you can spread some of the shame to the other schools in the conference. Kind of reminds me of the UConn is the 6th borough thing in NYC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's important to recognize that what is good for the American as a whole, isn't always best for UConn.

Like we didn't notice before. I can't think of one thing that is good for UConn from the American.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn is the red headed step child when it comes to NESN and TV.

NESN (and NECN for that matter) thinks New England is only comprised of 5 states.

Reaction Score
The P5 are not going to give up any bowl games or anything that costs them revenue. Eventually the Big 12 will fold into the other P4 conferences, but that will not open up access to major bowl games for the G5

Reaction Score
Most New Englanders don't count Connecticut as a New England state. I'm not sure why, but it is definitely true. Maybe the New York influence in Fairfield County, maybe the fact that the people have no real accent or maybe it's just that so many subconsciously hate CT because of the Whalers. Most native New Englanders are Boston fans so they would have been raised disparaging the Whale or at least overhearing people disparage the Whale in school or at work.

I was very close to the Whaler organization growing up and I was amazed by the disdain for the Whale in the other New England states. Maybe that created a divide between CT and the other 5 states along the way without anyone really knowing the rift it was creating.

Reaction Score
The P5 are not going to give up any bowl games or anything that costs them revenue. Eventually the Big 12 will fold into the other P4 conferences, but that will not open up access to major bowl games for the G5

Only the most desirable Big 12 schools will get new homes. The riff raff will be homeless. It is clear that teams like WVU are part of the riff raff that will be homeless as shown by their constant attempts to prop up the Big 12. The schools with a future are publicly plotting their exit.

Reaction Score
Texas, TT, OU, Ok St, KU, KSU will all find homes in either the PAC, B1G or SEC.

Baylor, TCU will probably go to the SEC and WVU most likely will go to the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom