Miami Scouting Report | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Miami Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Yup, and the Miami center still had 4 fouls. I think that's gonna be the key for us, we need to get him into early foul trouble. And at the other end of the court, keep Miami off the FT line. I think they went like 25-27 from the FT line in the 2nd half alone. They lose in a blowout if Texas doesn't foul them on every
Hurley shouldn't do a thing differently from what he has done to date. They need to adjust to UConn, not the other way around.

We are Goliath. Let David figure out how to use the slingshot.
I wouldn’t wait to the 14 minute mark to put Clingan in unless Sanago’s on fire. If it is a stalemate bring in Cling Kong.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Miami's starting lineup reminds me of ours from '14 except we were better at every spot:

Boat > Pack
Bazz > Wong
Giffey > Poplar
Daniels > Miller
Brimah > Omier

both teams had two do it all combo Gs but Boat was a menace defensively and Bazz was an all-time great college player. Daniels and Miller are both athletic stretch 4s that can score. Giffey and Poplar are the glue guys but Giffey had better size. Brimah and Omier both good paint defenders but Brimah the better shot blocker and Omier the better rebounder. having said that, UConn's '23 team is even better than the '14 team.
Doom---35.jpg

Reaction Score
Strategy for a tight game down the stretch (Texas blowing a 12 point lead) ? Clamp down the defense and control the glass, then get to the line and convert.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Strategy for a tight game down the stretch (Texas blowing a 12 point lead) ? Clamp down the defense and control the glass, then get to the line and convert.
Don't be stupid when you have the ball.

If Texas used that strategy over the last eight minutes of the game they would have won.

Reaction Score
Don't be stupid when you have the ball.

If Texas used that strategy over the last eight minutes of the game they would have won.
No idiocy on inbounds plays. Avoid telegraphing passes and drawing flagrants by trying to start a mosh pit with a guy in the other jersey

Reaction Score
Don't foul them. Make them make tough midrange shots.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn has to play D for the full shot clock and no silly hand fouls. Play with your feet. DH has to play DC more than he has. A fresh body at the 5 is essential

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom