Miami beats Duke on an INSANE kickoff return. Wow | The Boneyard

Miami beats Duke on an INSANE kickoff return. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN just showed the Duke td and the said "Miami ran back the kickoff but it was called back." Great reporting. Even if it had been called back, how do you not show it?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Holy crap. This is why I LOVE watching college football.

Reaction Score
8 laterals and a play that lasted 49 seconds. That was just nuts.

Duke had just scored on a QB keeper that looked like he got stuffed on the goal line. Guess the U was pretty pissed. Crazy ending.

Last edited:

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
ESPN just showed the Duke td and the said "Miami ran back the kickoff but it was called back." Great reporting. Even if it had been called back, how do you not show it?

It was unreal how it played out. It was in fact called back initially. Until it wasn't. They reversed the call after reversing the call and then reversed it again with a flag picked up somewhere in between. There were the laterals, the knee, and the blocks to sort through.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Amazing that there were no penalties. What a play. It's a bonus to see another "top" team in the ACC fall - especially to a team beaten by an AAC school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Amazing that there were no penalties. What a play. It's a bonus to see another "top" team in the ACC fall - especially to a team beaten by an AAC school.

No penalties called. There are two blatent blocks in the back. One early and one at the end.

Reaction Score
No penalties called. There are two blatent blocks in the back. One early and one at the end.

That game was like a dook basketball game. They had the edge in penalties 23-5 and should have lost the game before that, but the refs saved them on an interception.

Reaction Score
you thought the one in the end was a block in the back? I thought it was decleater. Clean. Didn't see the one early.

Reaction Score
you thought the one in the end was a block in the back? I thought it was decleater. Clean. Didn't see the one early.
I see it now near the sideline.

Reaction Score
That was a monument to horrible officiating. How do you review a play with several infractions and a downed runner..and STILL call it a touchdown???

Probably the first time Duke has ever been on the businees end of horrible call in Durham in any sport.

Reaction Score
It was a poorly officiated game but let's please not make it sound like Duke got screwed. They had some calls go their way earlier that put them up, and there is really no excuse for allowing that to happen regardless of whether there were some missed calls.

Reaction Score
It was a poorly officiated game but let's please not make it sound like Duke got screwed. They had some calls go their way earlier that put them up, and there is really no excuse for allowing that to happen regardless of whether there were some missed calls.

Dook's final drive consisted of pass interference penalties, an overturned interception and a touchdown that many people still don't think was a touchdown. At this point, I think it's safe to say that the officials may have just showed up to the game drunk because they were all over the place all night.

Reaction Score
You think you have seen it all after the Michigan-MSU ending. Insane finishes this year. Whats next a gw scoop and score off a fumbled kneel down.

Reaction Score
I had no idea you could review penalties. Seems like the refs were just making s*** up as they went along in that replay.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That was crazy. There were plenty of times where the player who had the ball should have been tackled or was almost down. Not gonna dissect all the possible penalties but a crazy ending.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I had no idea you could review penalties. Seems like the refs were just making s*** up as they went along in that replay.

I was thinking the same thing when i saw it, but Cutcliffe wasn't going crazy so maybe there was something I didn't know. I looked it up, and it appears that only Targeting Penalties are reviewable, and only from the perspective of whether to disqualify someone from the game.

The strange thing is that not a single sports journalist that I have found has commented either way on whether penalties are reviewable, which means most of them have no idea and are too lazy to look it up. Isn't that their job?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing when i saw it, but Cutcliffe wasn't going crazy so maybe there was something I didn't know. I looked it up, and it appears that only Targeting Penalties are reviewable, and only from the perspective of whether to disqualify someone from the game.

The strange thing is that not a single sports journalist that I have found has commented either way on whether penalties are reviewable, which means most of them have no idea and are too lazy to look it up. Isn't that their job?

They aren't. They claim they didn't.

But the one they missed at the 15 is a blatent a penalty as you can miss.

The runner is also down - and I don't see how replay missed that.

Everyone I tell thinks I'm crazy. I HATE replay and would prefer they just got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom