Mets trading for Lindor! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mets trading for Lindor!

Reaction Score
I think I have seen every highlight the internet has of Lindor at this point. Cannot recall being this excited to have a player on the team.

Reaction Score
Ugh:

He's 100% wrong for what he did and deserves the appropriate punishment.

That said, it looks like ESPN had this story since 2017 and didn't pop it until he was "important enough" for it to make headlines. I think that's wrong. They said something like the victim didn't want her job impacted, but the timing of it smells funny to me that she all of a sudden got comfortable there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

That said, it looks like ESPN had this story since 2017 and didn't pop it until he was "important enough" for it to make headlines. I think that's wrong. They said something like the victim didn't want her job impacted, but the timing of it smells funny to me that she all of a sudden got comfortable there.
No question.

Just wish the Mets could stop peeing on their own shoes. How do you not know this these days?

Reaction Score
No question.

Just wish the Mets could stop peeing on their own shoes. How do you not know this these days?
The blessings and curses of a large market team. If this is in Kansas City, it probably happens but barely gets mentioned. It's the lead on ESPN this morning though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The blessings and curses of a large market team. If this is in Kansas City, it probably happens but barely gets mentioned. It's the lead on ESPN this morning though.
So...who are we looking at now? Any ideas?

Reaction Score
So...who are we looking at now? Any ideas?

I haven't heard anything on ESPN radio or a Mets blog yet. It will be interesting over time to see if there are any impacts you can take from losing a coach and a GM that you wanted before either of them actually were involved in a single game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything on ESPN radio or a Mets blog yet. It will be interesting over time to see if there are any impacts you can take from losing a coach and a GM that you wanted before either of them actually were involved in a single game.
I was never sold on the Beltran hire so I was kind of happy we dodged that one.

I didn’t know anything about this guy other than what I had read since they hired him, but it sounded like someone they were hoping to groom to take over more of the operations from Alderson so that’s obviously a setback; although maybe better in the long run if they succeed in bringing is someone at the president level like they had planned initially.

Reaction Score
I was never sold on the Beltran hire so I was kind of happy we dodged that one.

I didn’t know anything about this guy other than what I had read since they hired him, but it sounded like someone they were hoping to groom to take over more of the operations from Alderson so that’s obviously a setback; although maybe better in the long run if they succeed in bringing is someone at the president level like they had planned initially.
I was also never sold on Beltran.....but I'm not yet sold on Rojas either. Do you like him and how long a leash does he have with you?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was also never sold on Beltran.....but I'm not yet sold on Rojas either. Do you like him and how long a leash does he have with you?
I'm not sold on him yet, either. Too small of a sample size to make much of an assessment.

Barring injuries, we should have enough pieces now to be squarely in the playoff hunt. I give him this season at most; if we're tanking by the all-star break he should be gone.

Reaction Score

It is a very awkward situation all around. I wonder if Porter was contacted about the story in 2017? If so in hindsight the move, particularly given his aspirations is to get in front of the story then. Yet at same time given that it didn't come out then, Porter hoping it remained buried & staying silent is understandable.

This is a very clear example of inappropriate behavior. He should have been fired in 2016/17 and never been considered for the Mets job (why ESPN didn't run the story or alert either Porter, the Mets or both at hiring/search seems inexplicable). But it is scary in terms of how the world now keeps a digital record and one's mistakes never go away. Of course this is a highly egregious, stupid mistake that nowadays the second a kid gets a phone they learn is a MASSIVE no. So I'm not sure what's most shocking that he was stupid enough to do this, that it took so long to come out or that it suddenly submarined someone who rose to the near top of their profession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom