Merry Christmas Music/albums any genre | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Merry Christmas Music/albums any genre

Reaction Score
And?

Let's look at the hits:
Back to Black, Rehab, Feck Me Pumps, You Know I'm No Good, Wake Up Alone, etc. Hey, let's do a Muppet kids album with those!

Lots of lawyers on the BY to help you construct an argument. Or figure out if you even have one.
Breath in and let it gooowa! You know what the post title is come on.

Reaction Score
And?

Let's look at the hits:
Back to Black, Rehab, Feck Me Pumps, You Know I'm No Good, Wake Up Alone, etc. Hey, let's do a Muppet kids album with those!

Lots of lawyers on the BY to help you construct an argument. Or figure out if you even have one.
I don't have an argument. I like her. My opinion means just as much as yours. If you want to be angry, have at it.

Reaction Score
And?

Let's look at the hits:

I don't have an argument. I like her. My opinion means just as much as yours. If you want to be angry, have at it.
Wow!

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And?

Let's look at the hits:

Swear to God, my youngest, who was born in 2006, sang it repeatedly in preschool, along with Katy Perry's "California Girls." I used to buy my wife the Grammy compilation CD each year for Valentine's Day because she loved all the pop stuff and would sing it in the car with the girls. Apparently some other parents complained when their kids came home singing them, and the preschool teacher had to have a little talk with us...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Swear to God, my youngest, who was born in 2006, sang it repeatedly in preschool, along with Katy Perry's "California Girls." I used to buy my wife the Grammy compilation CD each year for Valentine's Day because she loved all the pop stuff and would sing it in the car with the girls. Apparently some other parents complained when their kids came home singing them, and the preschool teacher had to have a little talk with us...
Which song, Fme pumps?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. Apparently some other parents complained when their kids came home singing them, and the preschool teacher had to have a little talk with us...
When my daughter was in preschool, She sang the hymns that she had heard in church and other kids began singing them too. The preschool had a little talk with us too. It didn’t go quite the way they anticipated.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Your opinion does have as much merit as mine. But you went and assumed I was saying something I wasn't, and I can't let that lie w/o response. And I'm not angry, so stop projecting. I simply want clarity.

Reaction Score
Your opinion does have as much merit as mine. But you went and assumed I was saying something I wasn't, and I can't let that lie w/o response. And I'm not angry, so stop projecting. I simply want clarity.
I don't want to derail this thread, but you guys and Deepster are giving me little choice. Few things say less about Christmas spirit than AW. I found her to be an over-hyped critics' darling. Yes, she had some talent as a singer-songwriter, but I find her legacy of being some "amazing artist" silly. Or that there wouldn't have been Adele or even GaGa without her. She came along at a time that mostly devoid of unique talent and stood out in an otherwise unremarkable crowd. But she wasn't a culturally significant artist like most others in the 27 Club, and for me, she doesn't belong there.

Also not a fan of Mark Ronson, but that's a different thread.

You gave your opinions, I just gave mine. No need to respond although I'm sure you will. However, I'm not alone.
This is where it all started, you derailed this thread because you assumed we were discussing AW when in fact it was Sharon Jones that @8893 pointed out to you earlier that was the focal point of conversation. Your delusional thoughts festered since and your splenetic temper is showing.

Regardless please just drop it and post some damn Christmas music.

You know your music/stuff.

By the way just because a critic writes/posts best or worst of something does not denote it's factual. It's an opinion from someone like ourselves. (they just do it for a living) For instance Kurt Loder wrote this in Rolling Stone back in 1984 about Rodger Waters Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking album:
Rolling Stone‘s Kurt Loder simply savaged the record, saying: “Roger Waters’ first official solo album will be of sustained interest mainly to postanalytic Pink Floyd fetishists and other highly evolved neurotics who persist in seeking spiritual significance amid the flotsam of English art rock. I can’t imagine that anyone else will sit more than once through this strangely static, faintly hideous record, on which Waters’ customary bile is, for the first time, diluted with musical bilge."
Gave it a 1/2 star. Listen to that album and tell me he's right? Seriously! Half star? If I went with his critique I would not have enjoyed this extremely great joy ride of an album. It's just an OPINION!

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Regardless please just drop it and post some damn Christmas music.
Here's the thing, one can really be total creep but have a catalog of uplifting music. Phil Spector produced a whole album of classic Christmas tunes. And even today, when you put on Phil Spector record, the first thought is going to be the the "wall of sound" - over-produced perhaps, but routinely "jubilant" songs. You're not thinking drug-addled killer. Whereas with the subject in question, one's first thought could easily be, "this is a joke, right?", because of the reputation for darkness in her music. See the difference?

So here's a happy Christmas tune produced by a murderer. But as it was good enough that David Letterman would have Darlene Love join the house band each year for this gem, it overcomes its association with Spector and simply provides joy.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing, one can really be total creep but have a catalog of uplifting music. Phil Spector produced a whole album of classic Christmas tunes. And even today, when you put on Phil Spector record, the first thought is going to be the the "wall of sound" - over-produced perhaps, but routinely "jubilant" songs. You're not thinking drug-addled killer. Whereas with the subject in question, one's first thought could easily be, "this is a joke, right?", because of the reputation for darkness in her music. See the difference?

So here's a happy Christmas tune produced by a murderer. But as it was good enough that David Letterman would have Darlene Love join the house band each year for this gem, it overcomes its association with Spector and simply provides joy.
I'm sorry, this is very bizarre but the average listener is not going anywhere near where you are at. I know Christmas brings out the best in people but man? There is no point here other than how obsessed you are over this.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, this is very bizarre but the average listener is not going anywhere near where you are at. I know Christmas brings out the best in people but man? There is no point here other than how obsessed you are over this.
I'm not "average".

Your the folks who should let it go at this point. I admitted long ago that I misinterpreted 8893's comment. But even then, Deepster twice insinuated I said things that I didn't say. Don't agree with me, fine, but don't complain when I defend myself against aspersions.

I'll leave you with one of the 143 or so Christmas songs recorded by Sufjan Stevens.

Reaction Score
I'm not "average".

Your the folks who should let it go at this point. I admitted long ago that I misinterpreted 8893's comment. But even then, Deepster twice insinuated I said things that I didn't say. Don't agree with me, fine, but don't complain when I defend myself against aspersions.

I'll leave you with one of the 143 or so Christmas songs recorded by Sufjan Stevens.
Did I mention that you were average? Read again.... regardless of the trivial things that we are posting, just have a Happy Holiday and enjoy your family and the people that you have with you now that are here and remember the ones that have preceded us. Peace my friend, I'm done.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'start smiling and enjoy with me,
the miracle of now..'

ahh, the classics, mon. they never die. or as ol ferris used to say,
Life-moves-pretty-fast.png

ferris luvs razzleberry dressing. me too.

Reaction Score
I'm not "average".

What a weird display by you in a Christmas music thread.

Reaction Score

The great Paul Kelly.... His 1st Christmas album just released 2021. An amazing songwriter.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom