• 25-39

Votes: 228 39.9%
  • Under 25

Votes: 40 7.0%

• Total voters

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
23. Born in Connecticut but moved to VA while I was 8 and always followed the team. Will never forget really falling in love during 2011.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
38 here. Surprising results actually. I would have guessed the results skewed a bit older. I come across so many boomer-type and generally out of touch comments. Been a fan since I could walk and talk. Mom went to UConn and Dad had season tickets since they entered the BE. He still does, and now I also do.

Reaction Score
38 here. Surprising results actually. I would have guessed the results skewed a bit older. I come across so many boomer-type and generally out of touch comments.
Yep those Boomers are out of touch like most youngsters It’s all the Drugs they took in late 1960’s and 1970’s . My money was going for diapers and baby food.
I‘m from the silent generation . 1928-45. We never even got a president.
However Mainstreaming Rock & Roll , Making Follk and Country Electric
Those are our contributions
Name somebody cool and innovative and he is probably from my generation.
James Dean, Elivis , Lennon ,Clapton Hendrix, Me . All the greats .
For a silent generation we made a lot of noise .

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Does anyone old enough remember if during the dream season there was a student season ticket package that included Civic Center games? I know I went to all home games but I don't remember separately buying the tix for the CC games.

Reaction Score
50, got hooked with Corney, Chuck, Mike, Bobby D. A lot of games on radio, then Channel 20 on my black & white bedroom TV. Vividly remember staying up late and watching a tape delayed early Big East Seton Hall game on USA network on "the good tv" in color.

Damn I sound like an old bastard.

Reaction Score
50, got hooked with Corney, Chuck, Mike, Bobby D. A lot of games on radio, then Channel 20 on my black & white bedroom TV. Vividly remember staying up late and watching a tape delayed early Big East Seton Hall game on USA network on "the good tv" in color.

Damn I sound like an old bastard.
If you're an "old bastard" at 50, that makes me Methuselah ?

Reaction Score
Yep those Boomers are out of touch like most youngsters It’s all the Drugs they took in late 1960’s and 1970’s . My money was going for diapers and baby food.
I‘m from the silent generation . 1928-45. We never even got a president.
However Mainstreaming Rock & Roll , Making Follk and Country Electric
Those are our contributions
Name somebody cool and innovative and he is probably from my generation.
James Dean, Elivis , Lennon ,Clapton Hendrix, Me . All the greats .
For a silent generation we made a lot of noise .
to be fair he did say boomer. you guys are just forgotten like gen x.

Reaction Score
Turn 50 next week. Went to school from 89-94 (did the 5 year plan, lol). Got season tickets my freshman year and had them every year until the last. Attended the first game in Gampel, and also remember driving to the Civic Center with a buddy during a snowstorm to watch them beat Cuse on a Monday night I think...

Reaction Score
Saw this on the women's bball board and the results were... exactly as I expected. Would be interesting to see the age of folks that click into the Mens BBall board too...
Can the poll be taken on the BC board? Considering their choice in footwear I'm curious.

Reaction Score
Does anyone old enough remember if during the dream season there was a student season ticket package that included Civic Center games? I know I went to all home games but I don't remember separately buying the tix for the CC games.
There had to be student tickets for the CC. We had little golden punch card for the opening of Gampel and the games there. I never remember just showing my ID to get into HCC. I went to all the home games too but to your original question - not sure if we had season tix for that place or if we just got them game by game at the field house ticket window.

Reaction Score
Hi I am beerfan, look at Alexd's posts. A lot of people claim to have been there, and I was there, more people are claiming they were there than people were there, the UMass game the night before Civic Center roof collapsed.

Reaction Score
Turn 50 next week. Went to school from 89-94 (did the 5 year plan, lol). Got season tickets my freshman year and had them every year until the last. Attended the first game in Gampel, and also remember driving to the Civic Center with a buddy during a snowstorm to watch them beat Cuse on a Monday night I think...
Right week, wrong incredible win. Georgetown on Saturday night was the snowstorm.

Reaction Score
conan obrien GIF
NO LOL IM 18

Reaction Score
Hi I am beerfan, look at Alexd's posts. A lot of people claim to have been there, and I was there, more people are claiming they were there than people were there, the UMass game the night before Civic Center roof collapsed.
My late husband was there.

Reaction Score
became a fan in the early 60s When listening to George Ehrlich on WTIC On my transistor radio. At that time we would be lucky to get 2 or 3 games televised. Yale and Rhody come to mind. My first game in person at the field house was in 1964 vs. unh. My big memory of that game was Bill Dellasalla heaving one in from 3/4 court. In those days there was a freshman game before the varsity game. I was also there when Bialosuknia went for 50 vs. Maine. Would have been in the 60s if there was A 3 point line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom